Carnival Pride vs. Carnival Breeze.

fred549

Hello,

We sailed on the Pride last year. We enjoyed it very much. It never seemed crowded. Lines were always short at the Lido buffet. Always could get a seat at a show. Drink service at the bars was quick.

Were now looking at the Breeze for our next cruise. How will it be going from 2200 to 3600 passengers?  In comparison to the Pride.

Any input on the Breeze will help us decide if we will book the Breeze.

Thank you.

Breeze is a great ship overall. However, you are likely to encounter lines in several areas on the ship, especially on sea days, that you didn’t experience on Pride. 

Personally I think Spirit class ships are Carnival’s best designed ships and have by far the best Serenity areas. Despite this I would not hesitate to book another cruise on Breeze. 

We have never been on the Pride but love the dream class ships.  We were on the Dream several times, Magic once and Breeze 3 times already and will be on her again this coming April.  Dream class ships are large but Carnival knows how to spread people and these ships are newer too.

Good luck with the choice.

We have sailed both and we LOVE both. The Breeze is a beautiful ship and we honestly never felt that it was too crowded. Maybe on Lido at peek times but that is it. Any ship is crowded on the pool deck on seadays, but we just went one deck up and found plenty of loungers and we were still close to everything going on. Had no problem getting seats in the theater for shows or in the lounges for the comedy. We were on a Halloween Cruise on the Breeze so it was pretty full. We have the Pride booked again  for May as we live close to Baltimore but I would sail the Breeze again in a heartbeat. No wrong choice in my opinion. Just depends on where you want to go. Happy Cruising.

We have sailed both & loved both as well.  Breeze will have more lines on Lido, in boarding, etc, but has an excellent crew & more bells & whistles.  Personally the Dream class & the Spirit class are our favorites.  I couldn't say which we like best.  We just did a 14 day Breeze in Nov 2019- I wouldn't say she felt crowded all the time.  Just at peak times, like others have said.  So I would look at itinerary & cost to make your decision.

Been on both many times and leave on Pride this weekend. I would always pick Pride over Breeze. It seems silly but the thing I like most is that when you leave the dining room (either floor) you are led out onto a deck with bars and what not but if you're in the aft dining room on Breeze you're stuck waiting for elevators to go up for anything. I also find the Breeze annoying with the lines for pretty much everything. I've no plans to go back on Breeze.

We were on Breeze last year and it was the most crowded ship we've ever experienced. We had also sailed Magic (which we loved) in 2018 and, even though they are sister ships, the Breeze felt so much more crowded. Trying to eat in the Lido café was a nightmare, elevators were next to impossible to get, and there just seemed to be less "elbow room" everywhere. 

Looking forward to being on the Spirit in May, since I have been reading lots of great things about that class.

We sailed the Breeze last March, and LOVED it. There were long lines at buffet during prime dining times. We very rarely ate there, choosing the MDR for breakfast and always for dinner. Never had a problem at lunch at deli, Guys burgers, BBQ, or Blue Iguana. We loved Ocean Plaza for afternoon trivia and evening music. I have sailed a Spirit class ship before and enjoyed that, and hope to sail the Pride sometime soon out of Baltimore. But I would not hesitate to book the Breeze again. We are on her sister ship in April, the Magic, for a B2B. 

9 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We were on Breeze last year and it was the most crowded ship we've ever experienced. We had also sailed Magic (which we loved) in 2018 and, even though they are sister ships, the Breeze felt so much more crowded. Trying to eat in the Lido café was a nightmare, elevators were next to impossible to get, and there just seemed to be less "elbow room" everywhere. 

Looking forward to being on the Spirit in May, since I have been reading lots of great things about that class.

We sailed the Breeze in October last year and then this Christmas. Totally different experience. Lines for everything on the Christmas cruise. Although we had a good time together as a family, I would NEVER sail at Christmas time again. I’d also not sail at any kid breaks or summer. We usually just cruise as a couple in October and never experienced the crowds like this last cruise. Right now after the experience I’m considering taking a break from cruising. I can’t even make myself rebook my canceled Mardi Gras cruise. So definitely timing makes a huge difference.

my family did the pride two summers ago and just did the breeze. both had their pros and cons. I believe my family (DH , 17 year old son and 15 year old daughter) preferred the breeze. now we had to drive from DE to FL for the breeze but we thought for a larger ship and cooler ports- it was worth it.  

the breeze has more pools/ more quiet spaces/ nicer spa / 4 D theater/ sports deck/ ropes course. 

if you have any specific questions. let me know. 

Both ships are in really popular classes and you can't really go wrong on either. Each has its pros and cons. If you're one of those to lose their mind because there's a lot of people trying to get food at lunch time, then you should probably stick to the Pride.

We live about an hour from Baltimore and have yet to sail the paradise. We are taking our 4 year old on his first cruise and have given this a thought but lack of a water area kinda killed it. Also don't like the way the pool decks are laid out. Small screen on the ground for dive in movies vs the big open area is a big turn off. Granted the serenity area looks great won't be able to benefit to much with our son. We have sailed breeze it was a little crowded but doable. Horizon however was crazy if it wasn't for having a Havana cabin would have been terrible.