Red frog pub deal?

petuniaflower

17 minutes ago, RenoNanaOz said:

We were on The Vista in September and they had half off pitchers on Embarkation Day. I think it was around $23. Any other offers I'm sure you can find in the fun times.

Yes on embarkation day, but not the whole day. Just go when you get on board and they will tell you the time for that day. There were a couple of other days/times, also, but it can vary so cannot give specifics for your ship or sailing. Also, the cost was MUCH lower than $23 for pitchers (of beer). More like $11 after gratuity. Fishbowls were also around $10 during the happy hour deal.

• Like 2

We went immediately after getting on board and drinks were half off til 3 or something.   

later on in the week I saw in the funtimes that they had half price again from 1 to 3 pm.  

I’m going ask for those free wasabi peas next time.  

A much better, more informative thread than the robes, what time we're going to eat 6 months from now!  This is the stuff you need when you get on board.  Food is everywhere.  Setting up for your friends and new buddies is so much important!

On 1/3/2020 at 2:47 PM, amyotravel said:

Yes on embarkation day, but not the whole day. Just go when you get on board and they will tell you the time for that day. There were a couple of other days/times, also, but it can vary so cannot give specifics for your ship or sailing. Also, the cost was MUCH lower than $23 for pitchers (of beer). More like $11 after gratuity. Fishbowls were also around $10 during the happy hour deal.

On OUR Cruise it was the whole day. $23 was before half off! 

• Like 1

Just got off the Magic. On port days they had 1/2 price on drinks between 2:30 and 4:30. So we would get back on the ship around 4  and order 4 drinks between my wife and I. We saw a bunch of people ordering 10-15 beers and taking them to their stateroom so we did the same thing on the next port day, we ordered our 4 Caribbean drinks and 10 beers for later and it cost us around $32. Can't beat that! 

Just now, goaties said:

port days also. beer was not on. i asked and it was fishbowls only when we were on the Freedom.

maybe it has changed.

It was for sure beer pitchers on the Vista. Did it multiple times. Too good of a deal to pass up - especially when some of the beer is brewed right there on the Vista!!

5 hours ago, Wxman0 said:

Just got off the Magic. On port days they had 1/2 price on drinks between 2:30 and 4:30. So we would get back on the ship around 4  and order 4 drinks between my wife and I. We saw a bunch of people ordering 10-15 beers and taking them to their stateroom so we did the same thing on the next port day, we ordered our 4 Caribbean drinks and 10 beers for later and it cost us around $32. Can't beat that! 

The beers are not sealed like on other cruise lines?! RCCL removed the cap, they say it's mandatory. Same with NCL.

On 1/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, klfhngr said:

The beers are not sealed like on other cruise lines?! RCCL removed the cap, they say it's mandatory. Same with NCL.

On 1/7/2020 at 4:22 PM, Wxman0 said:

Great point, the do keep them sealed surprisingly enough. But get this...our friends had the bottomless bubbles package, they HAD to open the soda can when they served it. 

I think the difference is if it is with a package or a la carte/buckets.  We only purchase buckets and they are served sealed, although I think sometimes we are asked if we want the first served in a glass.  Buckets and fish bowls are not included in Cheers, and I would guess the 5 minute wait rule would still apply to drink packages.  Beers and soft drinks purchased with a package are likely required to be opened to limit sharing.

16 minutes ago, Peardrop said:

What if you had the cheers package, and wanted to buy a fishbowl just for fun, paying out of pocket for it-how would this impact the 15 a day drinks limit, if at all?

If they allow you to purchase one off-package (like buying a round for friends), it shouldn't count toward the 15 limit.  I've heard mixed reports about if they allow Cheers customers to purchase a la carte still.  It seems that you should be able to since bottles of wine at a discount (there would likely be no additional discount for the fishbowl).