TheEdge dining rooms

supersnork

My husband and and another couple will be sailing together on the Edge. I understand that we will have a table assigned in one of the 4 dining  rooms. We would like to try eating in each of the other 3 dining rooms. How and when will we be given the chance to do this? I understand that can only happen if there is room in the other dining rooms. But, how do we go about finding out if there is room? How and when do we  arrange this?

My recommendation is to go to the dining room immediately after you board.  There is usually a Head Waiter or higher stationed there who can see what times/dates are available for all of the dining rooms. 

12 hours ago, supersnork said:

I understand that can only happen if there is room in the other dining rooms. But, how do we go about finding out if there is room? How and when do we  arrange this?

If you are on anytime dining you can check the APP and make your reservation directly on the app.    It shows you available time.   If on Traditional I would ask the Restaurant Manager and plan to be flexible.  

We were on the Edge last April and had early seating.  Dined in our assigned dining room the first night.  The second night we went to a different dining room explaining we wanted to try it out - no problem.  Tried the other two dining rooms with no issues - just showed up when the dining room first opened up and we were seated.  When we returned to our assigned dining room on the other nights, our waiter stated if there was something we wanted to try from another dining room he would be able to bring it to us - which I did once 🙂 … it was nice though to experience the different atmosphere/ambience of each dining room.  Hope it's still that easy when you cruise. 

Edited by FM