On Solstice now...Any questions please ask

Phxazzcruisers

I'd like to know what shows are in the celebrity theatre - the ones that Celebrity do themselves

I understand they are still doing 'Rock City' but would like to know what other show they have

in 2018 they had an acrobatic one and another one called 'broken strings'?

I'm hoping we will get some different shows on our Solstice cruise in April

16 minutes ago, communication said:

Do they allow men and women to wear jeans in the dinning room at night?

in the MRD? - yes men can wear smart / dress jeans in the MDR (with a collared shirt).... this was the case on our Solstice cruise in 2018 - I'm not sure about women though

On 1/9/2020 at 7:23 AM, Muffinz said:

I'd like to know what shows are in the celebrity theatre - the ones that Celebrity do themselves

I understand they are still doing 'Rock City' but would like to know what other show they have

in 2018 they had an acrobatic one and another one called 'broken strings'?

I'm hoping we will get some different shows on our Solstice cruise in April

They still do Rock City, Broken Strings and Amade.  Sorry looks like the same shows

5 hours ago, communication said:

Do they allow men and women to wear jeans in the dinning room at night?

Yes.  Here is the Celebrity dress code:

Nobody here has yet been able to define the difference between jeans and designer jeans. 😉

Onboard Dress Code
Q.

What is the onboard dress code?

A.

Formal Night gets a modern luxury reboot. Say goodbye to Formal Night, and hello to Evening Chic. It’s your time to shine—your way. Get glamorous. Get chic. Be sophisticated. Now, on up to two nights on every cruise, Evening Chic activities have been introduced, and Evening Chic attire has replaced Formal attire. While dressier than Smart Casual, Evening Chic is intended to be less dressy than Formal attire.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• A cocktail dress
  • Skirt, pants or designer jeans with an elegant top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or designer jeans with a dress shirt, button-down shirt or sweater
  • Optional sport coat or blazer

Evening Chic means that you can get glamorous and be sophisticated in your own way. If you would like to still wear a tuxedo or formal gown on Evening Chic nights, you absolutely should.

All cruises that are 7 nights or longer will feature two Evening Chic nights. Any cruise 6-nights or shorter will feature one Evening Chic night. All other nights of the cruise will feature Smart Casual attire. Celebrity Xpedition will continue to feature casual attire for the entire cruise.

Smart Casual attire can be enjoyed every other night of your cruise.

Women should feel comfortable wearing:

• Skirt, pants or jeans with a casual top

Men should feel comfortable wearing:

• Pants or jeans with a short sleeve sport shirt.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. The dress code will be enforced at all restaurants. And guests are asked to follow the Smart Casual or Evening Chic dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances. The daily program, delivered to your stateroom and available at the Guest Relations Desk, will be your guide to the correct attire each evening.

Edited by varoo

Hi , hope you are having a cracker of a time. I am trying to decide if I need a drinks package . Can you give me an idea of costs of beer, champagne and cocktails (Good). Do you have to take the package for the whole of cruise?

Thanks

Peter

9 hours ago, rugby2610 said:

Hi , hope you are having a cracker of a time. I am trying to decide if I need a drinks package . Can you give me an idea of costs of beer, champagne and cocktails (Good). Do you have to take the package for the whole of cruise?

Thanks

Peter

You can get a beverage package a couple of days into your cruise, but once you get it, it is for the rest of the cruise...... beers range from about US $6-$9 and above, some cocktails are about $9, but premium cocktails are about $13.... I'm not sure about champagne because it is only available in the premium beverage package

if you enjoy a good coffee and nice juice with your breakfast, another coffee or 2 (or tea) during the day, a beer or 2 in the afternoon by the pool, a cocktail before dinner and a glass of wine / champagne with dinner and perhaps a nightcap, then a beverage package would be the way to go.

Thanks Muffinz. I have been stuffed around by my agent and cannot get a beveridge package prior to departure. Do they offer any beverage deals on board or if we don’t drink that much will we be better off without the package. Thanks. Peter

4 hours ago, rugby2610 said:

Thanks Muffinz. I have been stuffed around by my agent and cannot get a beveridge package prior to departure. Do they offer any beverage deals on board or if we don’t drink that much will we be better off without the package. Thanks. Peter

In case it helps, you can buy the beverage package yourself online. Go to celebritycruises.com.au, it will ask you if you wish to go to the Australian site at the top of the page and register (if you have not already).  You should be able to enter your reservation number and then look at the options and/or buy beverage packages, shore excursions, make restaurant bookings etc.  Often these are cheaper if purchased in advance as onboard they are charged in USD (not AUD).  You can register even if you have booked through a travel agent - in fact most TAs probably prefer it because it is less work for them 🙂.  You can purchase onboard as well, but at least if you register online you will get an idea of prices and options.  If something you have purchased goes on sale after you purchase, you can usually cancel and get a refund and repurchase at a better price (read the T&C before purchasing).  Often people do this with drink packages.

I am on the next Solstice cruise and it says I can still purchase until 22 January.  Depending on when your cruise is, it may be too soon as some options don't open until about 90 days before the cruise. 

Hope this helps

Edited by lucymorgan

• 2 weeks later...

Open to Aquaclass guests,  and spa customers before and after their treatment.

Sometimes not well monitored by spa staff, so it can be crowded, noisy and not as relaxing as hoped!  Very sunny at times due to location and large windows.

16 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sometimes not well monitored by spa staff, so it can be crowded, noisy and not as relaxing as hoped!  Very sunny at times due to location and large windows.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, hcat said:

So Aqua Class passengers can wander in from Deck 11? 

How many passengers do you recall it holding?

I will be on the Solstice in May (AQ)

Thanks!

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
added additional text

7 hours ago, cruiser02 said:

Did you try LePetite Chef?

yes, we were invited to dinner there by the F&B Director.  The food was excellent, although way too much, and the presentations was very well done.  It is something we would only do once, however.  We were told by the F & B Officer that they are working on several new presentations and meal combinations, so maybe we will have to go again

On 1/16/2020 at 6:42 AM, NMTraveller said:

We are on this ship in less than two years right after the Edgification.

Can you tell me if the ship still has the Sky Lounge and if it will have it after the Edgeification?

They Sky lounge is there currently.  Cannot comment on what will happen after Edgefication

10 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

yes, we were invited to dinner there by the F&B Director.  The food was excellent, although way too much, and the presentations was very well done.  It is something we would only do once, however.  We were told by the F & B Officer that they are working on several new presentations and meal combinations, so maybe we will have to go again

Thanks   I am looking forward to trying something new.  

15 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

So Aqua Class passengers can wander in from Deck 11? 

How many passengers do you recall it holding?

I will be on the Solstice in May (AQ)

Thanks!

Yes   There is a stairway from the hallway on deck 11 to the Spa area  and a door to the lounge at the end of the hall.  

1 minute ago, cruiser02 said:

Yes   There is a stairway from the hallway on deck 11 to the Spa area  and a door to the lounge at the end of the hall.  

Thanks so much!  Does the stairway take you to Deck 12? 

We were mid-ship AQ on our cruise in 2018 but never went all the way forward to where I am guessing the stairway you mentioned is located.  I had heard about the Relaxation Lounge, but didn't take the time to look for it.  We are in the same stateroom in May, and I really would like to see it. 

Thanks again!

1 minute ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Thanks so much!  Does the stairway take you to Deck 12? 

We were mid-ship AQ on our cruise in 2018 but never went all the way forward to where I am guessing the stairway you mentioned is located.  I had heard about the Relaxation Lounge, but didn't take the time to look for it.  We are in the same stateroom in May, and I really would like to see it. 

Thanks again!

The stairs take you to deck 12 in the spa so you do not have to walk in the public area   

The door leading to the relaxation lounge is at the end of the hallway  Once we had the end cabin - right next to the door. 

Check out the deck plan for 11 & 12 carefully 

39 minutes ago, cruiser02 said:

The stairs take you to deck 12 in the spa so you do not have to walk in the public area   

The door leading to the relaxation lounge is at the end of the hallway  Once we had the end cabin - right next to the door. 

Check out the deck plan for 11 & 12 carefully 

It will be like a scavenger hunt.  My stateroom will be on the starboard side.  I may have to check out both the Starboard and Port Forward hallways.  : )