On Solstice now...Any questions please ask

Phxazzcruisers

We're sailing Solstice this May - would love a report on the overall condition of the ship. I know she was refurbished a few years ago but isn't due to be "Edge-icized" for a while. Fingers crossed everything is still ship-shape! 😉

Which itinerary are you on?  On Feb 17 we embark Auckland to Melbourne. Our first Celebrity cruise was on Solstice that got us hooked on Celebrity!  How is the weather and are you in areas of bush fire smoke?  We have only ever sailed the Caribbean so we will be out of our comfort zone. 

53 minutes ago, youwash said:

Which itinerary are you on?  On Feb 17 we embark Auckland to Melbourne. Our first Celebrity cruise was on Solstice that got us hooked on Celebrity!  How is the weather and are you in areas of bush fire smoke?  We have only ever sailed the Caribbean so we will be out of our comfort zone. 

we are currently on the Pacific Island Cruise out of Sydney.  The weather is nice, but getting hotter as we approach the Islands.  The weather in Sydney was very nice also, in the low 80 during the day.  There is smoke in the air in Sydney, not as bad as we thought it would be, however.  Our thought and prayers are with the people and animals of this wonderful Country.

Our cruise is not for 5 weeks & I am honestly unsure if we should sail & hope for the best... or put it off this season. Aus/NZ has been on my bucket list a very long time. Images and news reports have all been heartbreaking. I am eager for your updates and thoughts...

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Thanks for answering questions on your vacation.  If you get up to the fitness center I am curious if they have a rowing machine.

Thanks

Technically, you didn't ask me that question, but we were on the Solstice the week before Christmas. There were two rowing machines at the front of the fitness center, on the wall where all the treadmills are located.

1 hour ago, TylerRose said:

Our cruise is not for 5 weeks & I am honestly unsure if we should sail & hope for the best... or put it off this season. Aus/NZ has been on my bucket list a very long time. Images and news reports have all been heartbreaking. I am eager for your updates and thoughts...

You shouldn’t put it off, you will have an amazing time. If you manage to visit some of our regional areas then they will appreciate the support. The smoke changes from day to day depending on the wind so you may not even see any evidence of the fires. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TylerRose said:

We had a GREAT time in Sydney, just a little smoke in the air, nothing to stop a great vacation.  On the 2nd leg of the cruise we will visit Easter Australia and I will let you know.  However, I would not let the fires stop you.  Australia is a great place to visit and the cruise has been awesome

It might be too late to check on this, but did they offer Prime Rib in the MDR the first night? We also will be on Solstice next summer in Alaska. Trying to decide if we should reserve specialty dining the first night, but I'd rather have prime rib at MDR.

Thank you and have a great trip.

9 hours ago, num1crewsfam said:

We will be sailing on Solstice the end of May.  Alaska bound.  If you are back in the fitness center, can you see if they have any Peloton bikes? 

enjoy your trip!

They have several bikes, but not sure any are Peloton.

4 hours ago, Firepath said:

It might be too late to check on this, but did they offer Prime Rib in the MDR the first night? We also will be on Solstice next summer in Alaska. Trying to decide if we should reserve specialty dining the first night, but I'd rather have prime rib at MDR.

Sorry, cannot answer that one.,  We are in a Suite, so we ate in Luminae.  Dd not look at MDR menu. We are on a B2B so will try to look at MDR menu on first night of next trip

14 hours ago, Firepath said:

We were on the sailing before this one (Dec 23, 12 Night New Zealand). Prime rib was served on the first night in the MDR. 

33E91324-39D0-4D0A-A69C-489412CD9041.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

4 hours ago, cruiser02 said:

How is the entertainment ?   Lectures ?

We are in a RS and looking forward to Luminae ?   Any comments regarding the food.  We sailed on Solistice several times but before Luminae.   

The entertainment is very subjective.  We think some of it has been good, some not so good, depends on what you enjoy.  We have been having great meals in Luminae.  The service and food have both been very good.  You can order from either the Luminea menu or the NDR menu, they will bring you both.