Oasis My Time Dining schedule?

renza

• Clarea changed the title to Oasis My Time Dining schedule?

I am wondering if this is a fleetwide thing.  I just tried to make MTD reservations for this March and the earliest they could offer was either 6:30 or 7:45 on some evenings.  With small children, finishing dinner at 9 pm is not what I would call my time dining - more like their time dining.  This is for the Adventure of the Seas.  I know we can line up and get a table earlier, but the past few years we have always made a standing MTD reservation for 5:30 or 5:45.  If those times are no longer offered for MTD, I guess we will have to be taking the early set seating in future.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand why they are doing this? I have seen some people mention that they pushed back MTD because they are using all three MDR's for an early seating, but when the early seatings are either 5:30 or 6:00, those tables will not be freed up by 6:30-6:45, so do they sit empty? It almost sounds like they are trying to stagger things to maybe try to get by with less MDR staff?

Just now, fletch1027 said:

I don't understand why they are doing this? I have seen some people mention that they pushed back MTD because they are using all three MDR's for an early seating, but when the early seatings are either 5:30 or 6:00, those tables will not be freed up by 6:30-6:45, so do they sit empty? It almost sounds like they are trying to stagger things to maybe try to get by with less MDR staff?

My impression was that they moved to an earlier traditional dinner time and gave people 30 minutes to show up so they could  use empty tables for MTD folks.  This way the MTD folks would be finished bvy the time of late traditional seating.

I emailed rcldining to make a set reservation for 5:30ish, small table by the window for our Feb cruise on Mariner and was told that is not how MTD works.  Really?  I called Customer Service and asked the same thing and was told I could ask for 5:30 when I board but the only time they had available now was 8:15 pm.  In the past I've always made the reservation via email.  Just this past October I was able to make my reservation for the whole week online and request the type of table I wanted.  

They only had one spot available on early dining.  Their recommendation was to take the one spot and waitlist the second person.  I find that unbelievable!  

5 minutes ago, dmpuszcz said:

I emailed rcldining to make a set reservation for 5:30ish, small table by the window for our Feb cruise on Mariner and was told that is not how MTD works.  Really?  I called Customer Service and asked the same thing and was told I could ask for 5:30 when I board but the only time they had available now was 8:15 pm.  In the past I've always made the reservation via email.  Just this past October I was able to make my reservation for the whole week online and request the type of table I wanted.  

They only had one spot available on early dining.  Their recommendation was to take the one spot and waitlist the second person.  I find that unbelievable!  

The rcldining email is supposed to be used for fixed (traditional) dining only.   MTD reservations are made via the Cruise Planner or onboard.