Empress of the Seas - Tortola today not Virgin Gorda?

Gaynors

The Empress of the Seas was scheduled to be in Virgin Gorda today and appeared to moored offshore this morning however she is currently shown as docked in Tortola.

Just wondering why?  Maybe seas to rough to tender?

We sail on the Empress on Saturday and going to Virgin Gorda was one of reasons we chose this ship and sailing.

Edited by Gaynors

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Is Virgin Gorda specified on your itinerary?  My Empress cruise went to Tortola.

Yes, Virgin Gorda is specified on the itinerary for the Jan 3rd sailing and the Jan 11th sailing.

It is odd.  She visited both.  

1664263042_NEbvitrack.thumb.jpeg.a2f420c30fe14728b5781cf0f7a727c5.jpeg

Looking at her timeline she wasn't at Virgin Gorda very long, maybe 3 hours before heading to Tortola.

1527627841_NEBVITimeine.thumb.jpeg.d3f75deef14a3d6174bb071249ce44f6.jpeg

Images from marinetraffic.com 

Edited by twangster

She was scheduled to be in Virgin Gorda from 8am to 7 pm.   

It would totally freak me out if we got off the ship and did whatever we were planning then went back to the tender location to find out the ship was gone and it was only 3 pm!!  

Hopefully everyone onboard was notified of this change before she arrived in Virgin Gorda this morning.

Edited by Gaynors

16 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

She was scheduled to be in Virgin Gorda from 8am to 7 pm.   

It would totally freak me out if we got off the ship and did whatever we were planning then went back to the tender location to find out the ship was gone and it was only 3 pm!!  

Hopefully everyone onboard was notified of this change before she arrived in Virgin Gorda this morning.

New twist on pier runners.  Tender runners.  

My daughter is on board and told us several tender loads had already left when they announced the change. She thought people were already on the island but I think she was just guessing that based on what time the tenders started departing.

She said seas were calm.

Edited by gnocchi_mommy

27 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

Thanks for update/link. Many times over last 30yrs I'm aware this happening. As more Piers have been and are added it was been decreasing. Even with a Pier some Port Calls can still be canceled even last minute. Wind/Weather/Waves happen, though sucks when it's you. Could be worse, like when people were stuck on Coco Cay over nite. This back when they had very limited Facilities...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Thank you for the article.  This confirms what was posted on our roll call by someone who is on a B2B2B.  

Safety first... but I'm crossing my fingers for calmer seas and winds next Wednesday ☺️.