Seaside - Italian Night

js

Hi.

Next month is our third time sailing Seaside and we have never made it to Italian night since

we usually have a specialty booked that night.  Next month, we are sailing and I would like

to be in the restaurant (we sail YC) for Italian night. 

Does anyone know what night this is so I don't book our specialty for the same evening?

Thank you.

On the Seaside, it was our San Juan day when we arrived late at 5 p.m. We booked Butcher's Cut for that night. Our friends said they loved the osso bucco. That said, on the Mera a few weeks ago, we made sure that we did attend Italian night and were very disappointed in the same dish and the other choices. Not sure what your menu will be in YC.

Although we stay in the yacht club, we always do Italian night in the main dining room.

We like their Italian menu better and they play music and the waiters parade around the dining room. Very festive.

• Like 1

On our recent Meraviglia cruise there was no mention whatsoever of when the night would be, the daily delivered the night before for the dress code said casual! It is pointless taking clothes for the night any longer, plus they held it a day earlier than they usually do according to out waiter. Communication with guests is something MSC really do need to learn.

Thank you all so much! I don’t bring clothes to match the night I just wanted to be in the YC dining room that evening. I appreciate all your help. Ill book my Diamond status restaurant and just let the concierge know I dont want the same evening as Italian night. I just hoped I could have a plan prior to getting on the ship so I know what night I want to do the specialty. 

Thanks. 

Since Italian night became Mediterranean night, there is far less emphasis on it. I've just reviewed our daily planners from our Seaside sailing and there is no mention of it. Elegant night and White night are listed as are the Country & Western , 70's and Tropical parties. Our Elegant nights were Sunday and Thursday, White was Tuesday. It won't be those evenings and it wasn't the Saturday for us either.

10 hours ago, js said:

Thank you all so much! I don’t bring clothes to match the night I just wanted to be in the YC dining room that evening. I appreciate all your help. Ill book my Diamond status restaurant and just let the concierge know I dont want the same evening as Italian night. I just hoped I could have a plan prior to getting on the ship so I know what night I want to do the specialty. 

Thanks. 

You can also take Diamond meal as a lunch in BC.

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

You can also take Diamond meal as a lunch in BC.

Thank you. I wasn't aware I could do this; however, we love to be on deck in the cabana during the day

and eat at the pool.  I'll just do dinner there or Ocean Cay.  We have been to BC twice.  Is it worth it to

do again or is Ocean Cay just as enjoyable?

Thank you.

14 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you. I wasn't aware I could do this; however, we love to be on deck in the cabana during the day

and eat at the pool.  I'll just do dinner there or Ocean Cay.  We have been to BC twice.  Is it worth it to

do again or is Ocean Cay just as enjoyable?

Thank you.

On the sea days, they have a brunch menu and they also then serve lunch.

Depends I guess.  We aren't huge seafood fans so OC really not of any interest.  We've had BC three times (all at lunch but same menu as dinner) and have had great food and service.

The last two Seaside they've had invites to tour the restaurants (right after the CC M&G) which take you to all the specialties for a demonstration and samples.

BC has been a much better food and service experience compared to Cagneys for us.

20 hours ago, jules815 said:

This is good info!  I don't suppose they're open on port days??

Not from what we've seen.  We've gone at noon.  Brunch just wrapping up.  Not much of a breakfast person but the BC brunch menu looks outstanding.

Not many people there for lunch so service was great.  The menu you can choose from offers plenty of wonderful and filling items.  Even the rolls are great.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 5:19 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

Since Italian night became Mediterranean night, there is far less emphasis on it. I've just reviewed our daily planners from our Seaside sailing and there is no mention of it. Elegant night and White night are listed as are the Country & Western , 70's and Tropical parties. Our Elegant nights were Sunday and Thursday, White was Tuesday. It won't be those evenings and it wasn't the Saturday for us either.

Thanks for the info, did not know they had a C&W night.  That would be nice, hope they have it on our March Seaside sailing.

The week's menus are available on cabin tv once you are aboard.

We got a BC reservation easily, just a day ahead.

White Night was the only "theme" that passengers seemed to dress for, and we saw everything from white dresses to shirts to dinner jackets.  There were two elegant nights, which many, but not all, passengers dressed for.

51 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

The week's menus are available on cabin tv once you are aboard.

We got a BC reservation easily, just a day ahead.

White Night was the only "theme" that passengers seemed to dress for, and we saw everything from white dresses to shirts to dinner jackets.  There were two elegant nights, which many, but not all, passengers dressed for.

Thank you very much.

I plan on booking BC when we get onboard and guessing the concierge will know what night that will be.

I do not dress for any themes but do dress little nicer for elegant nights.

Thanks so much!