Departure time from Southampton

mummybearspain

We are trying to plan our travel arrangements for our cruise to Norway in July on Aurora. It's too early to see what time the check in or departure times are at this stage. Anyone have a clue for us so we can book flights etc. We live in Spain so difficult to get to Southampton!

Hi... although the actual departure times vary a little, the latest check in for embarkation time for Aurora (which is a smaller ship) is likely to be 15.30. the earliest around 12.30. In your shoes I would aim to get there around mid-day - 13.00. at worst you might have to wait an hour....at best, you will get on almost straight away! the coaches normally arrive from about 2pm onwards. so definately aim to get there before them, as coach passengers twill then ake priority. Your embarkation time will be on your e-ticket, but lots of people ignore it. But the bigger the ship, the more likely port staff are to make you wait until your allotted time...they certainly don't want 6000 Iona passengers all turning up at midday!

All sound advice above. 

Departure times tend to be 4.30-6, depending on port traffic etc. 

Turn up early for Aurora, from about 12.30, we have never had to wait long. 

They have a great system in place to get you on ASAP. 

Worse case scenario is you will be onboard but your cabin is not ready but you are free to use the facilities. 

Have a great time,

Andy 

Just now, indiana123 said:

Is it possible for you to travel a day earlier.. just in case of flight delays?

Some great overnight deals at Southampton Hotels and no worries.

Very good advice. I certainly wouldn’t want to be risking flying in on the day of departure.

Fly to Gatwick the day before and then direct rail to Southampton.  Sadly, the rail journey is almost as long as your flight 🙄.  Overnight in either Southampton or Gatwick depending where you can get the best deal.

25 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Fly to Gatwick the day before and then direct rail to Southampton.  Sadly, the rail journey is almost as long as your flight 🙄.  Overnight in either Southampton or Gatwick depending where you can get the best deal.

Could possibly fly straight into Southampton or Bournemouth, depending where in Spain. 

Andy 

30 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Could possibly fly straight into Southampton or Bournemouth, depending where in Spain. 

Andy 

You mean Southampton actually has international flights these days?  Well, I'll be darned 😁.  I think I had assumed that as the OP had said it was difficult to get to Southampton, they might have already investigated flights to Southampton...  Good suggestion though Andy.

21 minutes ago, Britboys said:

You mean Southampton actually has international flights these days?  Well, I'll be darned 😁.  I think I had assumed that as the OP had said it was difficult to get to Southampton, they might have already investigated flights to Southampton...  Good suggestion though Andy.

Haven't checked, just know locals seem to use Southampton and Bournemouth to fly to Spain. 

Bournemouth Airport is only 40mins away. 

The journey to Gatwick is horrible from here. 

Andy 

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Haven't checked, just know locals seem to use Southampton and Bournemouth to fly to Spain. 

Bournemouth Airport is only 40mins away. 

The journey to Gatwick is horrible from here. 

Andy 

Lots of international flights to Southampton, but unfortunately not from Alicante. 

Thank you everybody. I didn't realise anyone had replied as I was waiting to get notification!! Yes definitely flying the day before-Valencia to Heathrow and staying overnight there. We will get the coach down to Southampton as flights from here to S'oton stopped last year, Flybe. We have a choice of coaches so by the looks of things it would be best to get the earlier than later one. Such good advice, than you do much.

20 minutes ago, mummybearspain said:

Thank you everybody. I didn't realise anyone had replied as I was waiting to get notification!! Yes definitely flying the day before-Valencia to Heathrow and staying overnight there. We will get the coach down to Southampton as flights from here to S'oton stopped last year, Flybe. We have a choice of coaches so by the looks of things it would be best to get the earlier than later one. Such good advice, than you do much.

Heathrow to Southampton is a better journey than Gatwick, but still wise to get an earlier coach. 

You should be able to drop your luggage early and pop across to town, but you will easily be able to board from about 12.30, regardless of your allocated time. 

Have a fantastic time, 

Andy 

15 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Heathrow to Southampton is a better journey than Gatwick, but still wise to get an earlier coach. 

You should be able to drop your luggage early and pop across to town, but you will easily be able to board from about 12.30, regardless of your allocated time. 

Have a fantastic time, 

Andy 

Thank you-it's our 40th anniversary so really looking forward to it.