unexpected OBC in Cruise Planner

virginialucy

I just checked my Cruise Planner and I have more OBC than I had before. Nothing has been cancelled and I can't think of any reason I would have received a credit. Is there a way to see where the OBC came from in the Cruise Planner or would I have to call Celebrity? All the previous OBC is from a Celebrity promo and I have more coming from my TA.

12 minutes ago, virginialucy said:

I just checked my Cruise Planner and I have more OBC than I had before. Nothing has been cancelled and I can't think of any reason I would have received a credit. Is there a way to see where the OBC came from in the Cruise Planner or would I have to call Celebrity? All the previous OBC is from a Celebrity promo and I have more coming from my TA.

Call Celebrity. The TA OBC will not show up in your CP. 

Edited by davekathy

You would need to contact Celebrity.

Of course, your TA OBC will not appear on your Cruise Planner, but you should find it when you get into your stateroom. You can't use it to book anything in advance.

Edited by Guindalf

Has the price of your cruise dropped after final payment. We were given some extra OBC (our TA negotiated it) ,when the price of the cruise dropped substantially after final payment. We were surprised and very pleased as we didn’t expect anything. They make it very plain that price drops after final payment just don’t happen these days. Great TA helps of course. 

On 1/9/2020 at 2:23 PM, virginialucy said:

Call your TA. 

I don't know if the taxes/port fees would be returned as OBC, if it turns out that you had paid too much (due to itinerary change or lowered taxes in some ports), or if it would be returned to the card you used for final payment. But if the former, then that could be the case. How much additional OBC do you have now? If it's a few dollars or perhaps 30$, this could very well be the reason. If it's 40-50$ or above, it would probably be for another reason.