Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

I have no experience with a scooter, but I assume that it is easy to navigate the area between Rådhuspladsen (Town Hall Square) and Kongens Nytorv - the streets that connect the two squares are pedestrian streets and several streets in the center are also pedestrian streets.

Possible hotels in this area are: Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Scandic Copenhagen or The Square (just few examples).

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed.  

26 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Take the water taxi its fun .

There is no actual water taxi in Copenhagen - there is the harbor bus and various tour boats.

On 6/2/2024 at 6:45 AM, hallasm said:

There is no actual water taxi in Copenhagen - there is the harbor bus and various tour boats.

Is it easy to board if you are in a wheelchair or mobility scooter?  A mobility scooter is like a powered wheelchair, just with three or four small wheels, handlebars and not as heavy.  Looks like they can be used on the bike lanes as well.  

1 hour ago, cruisinsince75 said:

Is it easy to board if you are in a wheelchair or mobility scooter? 

Yes. You can easily take your wheelchair or electric scooter with you on the harbor buses, which have level-free access. It is the staff on board who assess whether there is room. Choose a time in the middle of the day or evening when the weather is good.

The harbor buses are part of the public transport in Copenhagen and the same tickets as bus and metro including Copenhagen Card.

The buses can accommodate 80 passengers and if it is outside rush hour there can be 8 bicycles and four prams or wheelchairs on board.

Read more…

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Is the best public transit option from the city centre to Oceankaj the M4 metro to Orientkaj and then bus to the port? And where would the bus stop be after we get to Orientkaj? Google streetview hasn't been updated since construction was completed and I just want to make sure I know where I'm going.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, greg898 said:

Is the best public transit option from the city centre to Oceankaj the M4 metro to Orientkaj and then bus to the port?

Yes, the best public transport is Metro M4 to Orientkaj and from there bus 25 or 164 to Oceankaj.
At Orientkaj, bus stop 25 is just north of the station, while 164 is a few blocks west of the station - marked with red circles in the picture.

At Oceankaj, the bus stop is just before the terminals at the end of Oceanvej  - terminal in the picture is terminal 1 - terminals 2 and 3 are a little further away.

Bus stops are marked correctly on Google Maps (images).

if you have the time you can take Harbour bus 992 (boat) from city to Orientkaj - stop is next to metro station. Same tickets for Metro, Bus and Harbor bus (2 zones).

IMG_8558.jpeg

Edited by hallasm

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

Yes, the best public transport is Metro M4 to Orientkaj and from there bus 25 or 164 to Oceankaj.
At Orientkaj, bus stop 25 is just north of the station, while 164 is a few blocks west of the station - marked with red circles in the picture.

At Oceankaj, the bus stop is just before the terminals at the end of Oceanvej  - terminal in the picture is terminal 1 - terminals 2 and 3 are a little further away.

Bus stops are marked correctly on Google Maps (images).

if you have the time you can take Harbour bus 992 (boat) from city to Orientkaj - stop is next to metro station. Same tickets for Metro, Bus and Harbor bus (2 zones).

IMG_8558.jpeg

Thank you! The harbour bus does sound interesting but we are staying near the railway station so will likely just take the metro instead of walking all the way down to the harbour bus.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 4:21 PM, hallasm said:

Copenhagen is a fine DIY city - the sights are gathered within a relatively walkable area. Here is some inspiration beyond Tivoli.
I would suggest a trip with the canal boat, change of the guard at 12 at Amalienborg (royal castle), Nyhavn with an ice cream in Rajissimo, a visit to Runde Tårn, and Rosenborg Castle.

We arrive at CPH around noon and have a day and a half before flying to Stockholm to begin our cruise. Can we do what you describe above in 1 1/2 days? 

Also, besides taxi, what is the easiest way to the Marriott from CPH? 

Our cruise begins in Stockholm and concludes in Copenhagen (Quay 197-19 Sept). We have one more day in Copenhagen before flying home on the 20th.  Would appreciate any suggestions to fill the approximately 2 1/2 days we will have (1 1/2 before cruise and 1 after cruise)  THANKS!

10 hours ago, molemaui said:

We arrive at CPH around noon and have a day and a half before flying to Stockholm to begin our cruise. Can we do what you describe above in 1 1/2 days? 

It is a good list to use as a starting point for a few days in Copenhagen. I will add Christiansborg Castle (the parliament) and pedestrian shopping street (Strøget). But what is actually possible to achieve depends on the times of arrival/departure and check-in/out at the hotel.
Also how tired you are after a long flight and possible jet lag.

I would recommend taxi from to/from CPH/hotel. Possible to take the train from CPH to Copenhagen Central Station - it is 700 m (1/2 mile) from the station to the Marriott hotel.

Also taxi from the cruise ship. Quay C197 is Langelinie,

6 hours ago, hallasm said:

It is a good list to use as a starting point for a few days in Copenhagen. I will add Christiansborg Castle (the parliament) and pedestrian shopping street (Strøget). But what is actually possible to achieve depends on the times of arrival/departure and check-in/out at the hotel.
Also how tired you are after a long flight and possible jet lag.

I would recommend taxi from to/from CPH/hotel. Possible to take the train from CPH to Copenhagen Central Station - it is 700 m (1/2 mile) fr.om the station to the Marriott hotel.

Also taxi from the cruise ship. Quay C197 is Langelinie,

We're pretty good sleeping the entire flight so we're ready to go!

I was mistaken - we arrive at quay 331 so I believe that is at a different location. 

Thank you very much! Cannot wait to enjoy Copenhagen.

5 hours ago, molemaui said:

I was mistaken - we arrive at quay 331 so I believe that is at a different location

Yes, very different location - Oceankaj terminal 1. It’s 20 to 30 minutes by taxi.  

Trying to decide which canal tour to take. Is one company better than the others?

Also, how long does it take to get from where the canal tours end to Amalienborg for the changing of the guard at noon? Would it be better to do the canal tour before or after seeing the changing of the guard?

5 hours ago, mackfam said:

Trying to decide which canal tour to take. Is one company better than the others?

There are actually three canal boat tours. Stromma, Netto Boats  and Hey Captain. Stromma and Netto Boats have completely identical trips and very similar trips. Netto boats are somewhat cheaper than Stromma. Hey Captain is a smaller boat and somewhat more expensive. Standard tours for all three are one hour.
Hey Captain also has a 'Hidden Gems' tour of two hours and Stromma a ‘Grand Tour’ ogåf 1h45min. My recomendation is the 1 hour standard tour.

It takes 10 minutes to walk from Nyhavn to Amalienborg - if you take an one hour canal cruise at 10:30 you can reach the guard change at 12. If you can make a tour at 10:30 it will be fine before.

• Thanks 1