Royal up question...might sound dumb but...

Ok so we will be on the Indy on Feb 13-17. Booked a balcony and am fine with it. However since booking my hubby had a total knee replacement ( Dec 9th) we had no idea when booked this would be happening so soon ( 2 weeks from seeing doctor to having surgery😬).  Any way I put in a weak bid for a JS just for giggles but thinking the extra space would be nice for him. It took my bid and is pending But if i do a fake booking it shows no suites left . So not sure why it would still say pending. Maybe they're waiting for Ta's to release any they are holding? I didn't tell the hubby thought it would be a surprise IF we got it. And as I said it's not a deal breaker if we don't since I booked a hump balcony. I just thought the tub / shower would be nicer than the tiny stand up. 

I can’t answer your question but I will comment that after my total knee replacement I would not have wanted or been able to climb into a tub   Fortunately my bathroom at home has a walk-in shower.   At two months I was still going to physical therapy 3 times a week and had to elevate my leg often. 

I hope he has a speedy recovery!

16 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

Ok so we will be on the Indy on Feb 13-17. Booked a balcony and am fine with it. However since booking my hubby had a total knee replacement ( Dec 9th) we had no idea when booked this would be happening so soon ( 2 weeks from seeing doctor to having surgery😬).  Any way I put in a weak bid for a JS just for giggles but thinking the extra space would be nice for him. It took my bid and is pending But if i do a fake booking it shows no suites left . So not sure why it would still say pending. Maybe they're waiting for Ta's to release any they are holding? I didn't tell the hubby thought it would be a surprise IF we got it. And as I said it's not a deal breaker if we don't since I booked a hump balcony. I just thought the tub / shower would be nicer than the tiny stand up. 

We have had several hump balcony cabins on Independence which were great but a JS is much better,bigger cabin,bigger balcony and shower over a bath.

Hope you are successful.

15 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I can’t answer your question but I will comment that after my total knee replacement I would not have wanted or been able to climb into a tub   Fortunately my bathroom at home has a walk-in shower.   At two months I was still going to physical therapy 3 times a week and had to elevate my leg often. 

I hope he has a speedy recovery!

He actually is doing Really good!! He goes to PT 3 times a week since the day after surgery. He can lift to get into a tub although we do have a stall shower at home. Was thinking that the shower in a regular cabin is so small and he is 6'2" don't want him smacking his knee into the shower wall. But I'm sure it'll be fine either way. 

• Like 1

Like the previous poster said the tub walls are very high because all the drain plumbing is above the floor in the bathroom. So it's at least a few inches taller than a tub at home, and you have even less ceiling height than a standard shower.

You could call and ask if there are any ADA rooms available, which have bigger walkin showers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

.  ...  But if i do a fake booking it shows no suites left . So not sure why it would still say pending. ...

What you see on RC's website (or even travel agency's websites) may not be the full inventory picture.

• Like 1

It took my bid and is pending But if i do a fake booking it shows no suites left . So not sure why it would still say pending. Maybe they're waiting for Ta's to release any they are holding?

There could be cancellations, or people currently in a JS could get Royal Up upgrades to higher categories.

He actually is doing Really good!! He goes to PT 3 times a week since the day after surgery. He can lift to get into a tub although we do have a stall shower at home. Was thinking that the shower in a regular cabin is so small and he is 6'2" don't want him smacking his knee into the shower wall. But I'm sure it'll be fine either way. 

I'm 6-2, the showers are fine.

JS tubs are a bit of a pain, getting out is the hard part😉