unlimited refreshment pkg

F19810

I'm debating getting this on my May cruise but I don't know how much fresh oj, soda and cappuccinos are.  If I drink fresh oj at breakfast, 2 sodas at dinner and a cappuccino after dinner, is it worth the price?   At times I will also drink some wine and margaritas but not enough to get the deluxe package.

Thanks, Judy

1 minute ago, F19810 said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  For now I will keep the pkg ( got it for 22/day). During the day, I will also be drinking and can get mocktails.  Does the Harmony have freestyle machines?

Thanks

Yes.

1 hour ago, F19810 said:

I'm debating getting this on my May cruise but I don't know how much fresh oj, soda and cappuccinos are.  If I drink fresh oj at breakfast, 2 sodas at dinner and a cappuccino after dinner, is it worth the price?   At times I will also drink some wine and margaritas but not enough to get the deluxe package.

Thanks, Judy

You don't do coffee at breakfast 🤔

5 minutes ago, F19810 said:

I'm not a coffee drinker unless there is steamed/frothed milk (and maybe flavored syrup or better yet, Baileys😀)

Agreed, you can get cappuccino and lattes in the morning. Bailey's if you want.

FWIW, I got a frother for Christmas and Bailey's works very nice in it.😁

20200106_082825.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Agreed, you can get cappuccino and lattes in the morning. Bailey's if you want.

FWIW, I got a frother for Christmas and Bailey's works very nice in it.😁

20200106_082825.jpg

I never thought of frothing the Baileys, I just add it to the cappuccino after I froth  milk.  That reminds me, I have to get more Baileys.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, F19810 said:

I never thought of frothing the Baileys, I just add it to the cappuccino after I froth  milk.  That reminds me, I have to get more Baileys.

Half whole milk, half Bailey's 

Easy Peasy

20200106_082810.thumb.jpg.8c21fca695044d04edbb1d941cd6334f.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ll have to remember the Baileys with the $18 a day packages. 

Another good Live idea. B2B no less😱

Those start next month, correct🤔

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

This is a good question my family goes back and forth on each year. For us, it depends on the ship if we get the Refreshment package or not. With most 30% of RCL sales you're getting the package for $20. That's really a lot of non-alcoholic drinks for one person. My family thinks the factors include: 1) The weather on your cruise. The warmer the weather, the more you are likely to really enjoy having those sugar based drinks. 2) If there's a fresh fruit smoothie bar. On the Harmony and Allure we had amazing chocolate banana smoothies with protein as part of the package. Those would be $7 to $9 back home. They were amazing. On the other hand, the Anthem didn't have this and we felt the package value was not the same without the smoothies. 3) Ability to get coffee. On the Freedom and Oasis classes we never had a problem getting speciality coffee drinks, but on the Anthem the lines were terrible and it took forever (some I'm sure will disagree). It's great not worrying about how much you're drinking, but at the same time, you may not like the feeling of chasing down drinks to make sure you made the minimum daily cost of the package. 

13 hours ago, F19810 said:

Thanks, Judy

I can tell you on Anthem that the fresh OJ at Breakfast in the MDR was close to $9. It came in a larger water glass not in a juice glass. The frozen coffees I drank were $4.50. I paid $18  a day for the package  and was at $12 or more by noon. I also drank a lot of sparkling water. Never used the freestyle machine.

We've gotten it before for myself and my son. I don't drink alcohol much at all, but really enjoy the fresh squeezed OJ, a couple of specialty coffees and a couple (or more!) mocktails during a day. Throw in a soda and bottled water and it's worth it to us when we get a good price. We got it for $19 plus grats on our upcoming Freedom cruise. That cruise is must-have but we still felt we could come out pretty much even each day.