is it a problem getting simple food in Lumanie?

stipmom

3 minutes ago, Justalone said:

Well, it’s more like poached chicken.  How it is prepared in Asian countries.

That makes more sense. Steamed or poached, or sous vide and skinless, and not fried or baked with skin. Never served anything but ‘cooked’ in either style. 

On 1/12/2020 at 12:05 PM, JaneStarr said:

Like everything Celebrity, the answer is “it depends”.  Things vary from ship to ship and cruise to cruise in my experience. It may also depend if you are in an RS or higher (due to including unlimited specialty dining).

As far as the mixed results requesting filet, perhaps it had to do with whether the suite level included unlimited specialty dining. Just speculating.  I’ve been “surprised” one cruise with a filet on the last or 2nd to last night. I believe were were in a CS that cruise, so they probably have some discretion.

Jane

We were in a Royal Suite... I truly think it was about sheer availability, busyness (I found Reflection Luminae notably busier than Equinox) and not wanting to promise and not be able to deliver.

22 hours ago, chemmo said:

Alsmez, it is thanks to contributors like you that so many guests do board with some knowledge of what to expect...

Unfortunately there are many guests who do not follow CC and find the Luminae menu a bit confusing. If you are not an experimental eater a less than clear menu tends to make you err on the conservative side...

To return to the OP...I honestly think that many of the Luminae dishes with a less cryptic description may be OK for a ‘fussy eater’ but even if they aren’t if they chat honestly with their waiter they can avoid repetitive options...

Luminae still basically, on most evenings, has a chicken, a beef, a fish, a vegetarian and "another" protein option.

My "beef" with Luminae is more on the order of you get a small amount of one veggie, often a starchy veggie, and the salads are about half "true" salad and half an appetizer that is billed as a salad.

I have this same issue with many fine dining restaurants, I just don't usually eat that type of food night after night.

I think Chemmo has the right of it - take a break at the Oceanview!

8 hours ago, mafig said:

I've been wondering if you can have dinner in one of the 4 dining rooms (Edge) on night.

Just to experience it?

All passengers can use the MDRs to their pleasing. AquaClass and Suite guests just have an additional restaurant to visit (Blu and Luminae, respectively). You don't need to make a reservation for a fixed time, I believe you automatically have Select Plus dining, if you're an AQ or Suite guest. A fixed time reservation is recommended, however.

On 1/13/2020 at 11:40 PM, mikkelhansen said:

All passengers can use the MDRs to their pleasing. AquaClass and Suite guests just have an additional restaurant to visit (Blu and Luminae, respectively). You don't need to make a reservation for a fixed time, I believe you automatically have Select Plus dining, if you're an AQ or Suite guest. A fixed time reservation is recommended, however.

This has not been our experience. Your cruise planner will say "select dining" but only because the system doesn't include Blu or Luminae options. As a suite guest your assigned dining room is Luminae. Talk to the suite concierge if you want to try one of the main dining rooms... it will need to go through the M'd. It can absolutely be done, but I wouldn't just show up and expect to be seated like it was my assigned dining venue. 

Here's my personal experience. We were in the PH and asked to dine in the MRD on Summit. It was arranged. A few months later I'm back on the Summit and a waiter of the area we sat in that time is now a M'd. He recognizes us and we talk, I tell him how much we enjoyed our MDR waiter on our last cruise... and he said they asked the waiters for a "volunteer" to serve us. He did not volunteer because we were "PH guests". They put the waiter who had been with X the longest at our table. WE didn't know this and WE didn't care. But obviously it was important to THEM. Just showing up at the door can put these people in a tailspin. Go, but arrange it ahead of time. Now maybe it's different on Edge and someone else can speak to that.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:29 PM, mafig said:

I've been wondering if you can have dinner in one of the 4 dining rooms (Edge) on night.

Just to experience it?

Yes on a space available basis.    You can either just show up and wait if there is a line or book a reservation on your app.  We did the French Style one and really enjoyed it.   Beautiful dining room and excellent service.    We are VERY LATE diners so had no problem with availability.