best Norweigan Cruise ship for teens

fandash

I was looking for your opinion on what cruise ships on Norweigan Cruise are best for teens aged 14 

We have been on the Epic and it was a brilliant ship for their entertainment both for our teen daughter and for my husband and I 

We are possibly looking to go on another NCL cruise this summer during school holidays and will  probably go back on the Epic as we want to do Europe or the Mediteraneon and we know the Epic is a great ship. However I am open to going on another ship with NCL and wanted to know what the other ships entertainment was like for teens and adults. 
We have only cruised once with NCL as we have always cruised with Royal Caribean previously but my husband and I were a bit disappointed on the adult entertainment last year on the Oasis of the Seas (as in our opinion not much variety although the Water Shows were awesome)

Can anyone recommend a NCL ship sailing in the Med or Europe that has great entertainment similar to the EPIC and great entrainment for teens 

Thanks in advance

Escape will do the Baltics in Europe  and Getaway eastern med. Both are comperable to the Epic, maybe you have a look at them. they are the next class of ships, the Breakaway class ( Escape is a Breakaway plus ).

Edited by Steff79

IMHO, you need to consider your itinerary as well as the ship. 

I have done the Western Med numerous times, the last 4 on the Epic.  I love that trip.  However in the middle of summer it can be brutally hot.  My teens (at the time) had their “worst day of my life” in August in 40 degree Rome.  The Itinerary gives you some very long days of travelling.  I recall having passed a few parent/teens arguing with the argument going something like “Dad can I please stay on the ship and rest” “Do you realise how much this trip has cost, you have to come with us and look at culture”.  

Some teens can struggle when they are hot and tired.  I had one of each.  One would have a meltdown after more than one 6.30 am start, the other would be “Another 14 hour day? bring it on”. 

Europe can include Norway/Iceland, Western Med, Eastern Med, France, Germany and the British Isles and the Baltics.  I think you need to consider what you and your teens  want from their vacation.  In the summer that means how many beach days you want.  Then start to match the ship to your itinerary.  

• Like 1

Escape, Getaway, Breakaway.  Just recently off Encore.  My 14 yr old son missed the sports court that Breakaway and Getaway have.  Although Encore has laser tag, virtual reality, and speedway..... can only go so many times and there is a fee.  Even if the fee is not a concern, only so many people can so speedway and laser tag at one time and it requires reservations.  Breakaway and Getaway have the sports court, ropes course, and rock climbing wall that was more available.  Escape had the same plus an additional water slide (the tube slide).  Because Encore only had two slides, the line was always long for the tube slide.  Many teens were not heavy enough to do the other drop slide on Encore.

Edited by SeaWatcher65

Hi there 

thanks to everyone for getting back to me. I’ve had a look at those and they look pretty good so i need to have a think 

yeah we love the med cruise - we have done this a few times so don’t get out at them all and spend time relaxing on the ship . Yep it can get very warm in peak summer   Will need to decide what we want to do this year as just at looking bit at moment. Only been on epic with Norwegian and quite a few royal Caribbean  but really like the Norwegian more laid back approach for a change 

thanks again everyone - it’s gave me loads to think about 

• Like 1