30 April Cococay TOO CROWDED

korpo024

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Almost likely ship's wont carry Full Capacity. Some sailings I've gone on barely above double let alone Full every Berth, let alone on this non-peak sailing. Reports so far with 2 ships show Cay not over crowded, yes might be some wait during peak hrs. I've said in past if they were smart have one ship come in and leave several hrs earlier then second...

I have a feeling these will be full.  The cruise starts Memorial Day weekend.

7 hours ago, elaineb said:

I have a feeling these will be full.  The cruise starts Memorial Day weekend.

Wow sorry, how could I miss the Holiday. Fuller then off season but still rare they'd ever run every Berth filled or even close was my point. OP Might be surprised, I Cruise every Thanksgiving last 8yrs, surprised at most nowhere near Full. Same with Labor Day, did 6 Cruises back then and quiet/cooler then the 4th of July's did my first yrs of Cruising

Edited by ONECRUISER

It was previously  mentioned that the capacity of the island was 10000 and that the capacity  of the 3 ships in question is 10500.  Between the three ships, it's a safe bet that 95% of those on board will not all be going ashore, let alone at the same time.

7 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We were just there with Navigator and Mariner both there and it never felt crowded any where we went. Plus they have the new expansion opening up later this week. 

Since this thread won't die anyway, why not go off topic a bit.  With capacity of 10-12k, why isn't RCCL scheduling big ships (5k+) to dock together in 2020? 

Late 2020 it looks like something is on the schedule for two large ships but why not as soon as the last part of expansion done?  I'd like to see it tested with two Oasis class ships there sooner than later so we can get feedback on crowd levels and maybe put concerns to rest or RCCL figure out how to address.  

13 hours ago, SAmome said:

Since this thread won't die anyway, why not go off topic a bit.  With capacity of 10-12k, why isn't RCCL scheduling big ships (5k+) to dock together in 2020? 

Late 2020 it looks like something is on the schedule for two large ships but why not as soon as the last part of expansion done?  I'd like to see it tested with two Oasis class ships there sooner than later so we can get feedback on crowd levels and maybe put concerns to rest or RCCL figure out how to address.  

Perhaps they can get workers adjusted to the last part of the expansion.  There is a reason why restaurants have soft openings.