30 April Cococay TOO CROWDED

korpo024

At 30 April 2020 Navigator of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, and Brilliance of the Seas are coming to the island of Cococay. This will not be the event that we are looking for. When we've booked our cruise, there was only Brilliance and Navigator in port, and now the island will be overcrowding by three large ships. The changing of itineraries is something I get, but this will be too much! If the prices would drop of all the things to do on the island, but NO the prices are still the same...now it's going to take hours to use the waterslides and so on...

Two ships is already enough...three is TOO MUCH!

I thought I had read that the intent was to have three ships, that the island was built to handle 12000 people. 

What is the total number of passengers from those three? Is it really that different then an oasis ship and a second ship. 

You are complaining yet you haven’t experienced it yet. Who knows,

it might now be that bad. 

Edited by BeachChik

30th of April 2020:

Navigator  3926

Mariner      4001

Brilliance   2580

Together 10507 passengers (full occupancy)

TOO MUCH!

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Time to stay on the ship?

I can't sell that to my 7 year old daughter...it is a shame RCCL does this. This is just terrible....the island has a maximum capacity of 10000 guest accourding to Matt's Earnings article. 

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

Can 3 ships dock or is one going to have to tender? I think their plan all along was for upping the number of ships and passenger count. In the "old days" before the dock was built how many ships were there at the same time?

I was there with the Celebrity Reflection, on the old island...and even then it felt crowded....this is just nuts....

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

Can 3 ships dock or is one going to have to tender? I think their plan all along was for upping the number of ships and passenger count. In the "old days" before the dock was built how many ships were there at the same time?

I would be surprised if there was still tendering capability.  Maybe they can tender to another part of the island, but the old tender area is gone and there's a bridge over the inlet entrance that would seem to prevent tenders from entering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@korpo024

I feel for you. The reason why you booked this short getaway cruise was so that your daughter could have the time of her life at Perfect Day at CoCoCay! But now, thanks to whatever reason, your plans were abruptly changed. And not only that, but you are from the Netherlands, which I am sure you spent a pretty penny to fly from. And since your daughter is probably on holiday, it isn't easy to coordinate times to get a good vacation in.

• Like 7

There were several earlier threads (Nov and Dec?) complaining about 3 ships being there around the same time. Not sure it was your sailing but it was determined to be an error and that one of them was actually there the next day. 

Hopefully  it is a posting error.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I would be surprised if there was still tendering capability.  Maybe they can tender to another part of the island, but the old tender area is gone and there's a bridge over the inlet entrance that would seem to prevent tenders from entering.

Couldn’t they tender to the first part of the dock before it angles?

4A2BB9F1-BC8E-431D-AB80-0DE27E149E18.png

1 minute ago, cured said:

There were several earlier threads (Nov and Dec?) complaining about 3 ships being there around the same time. Not sure it was your sailing but it was determined to be an error and that one of them was actually there the next day. 

Hopefully  it is a posting error.

Those were different dates.  According to the itineraries listed on Royals site there are 3 ships scheduled. 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those were different dates.  According to the itineraries listed on Royals site there are 3 ships scheduled. 

Thanks for clarifying. I just remembered reading about it but couldn't remember the dates.

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Couldn’t they tender to the first part of the dock before it angles?

I suppose, but they used to have tender boats that engaged a ramp structure on land to secure the tender boats.  I've not seen anything like that since the big changes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

@korpo024

I feel for you. The reason why you booked this short getaway cruise was so that your daughter could have the time of her life at Perfect Day at CoCoCay! But now, thanks to whatever reason, your plans were abruptly changed. And not only that, but you are from the Netherlands, which I am sure you spent a pretty penny to fly from. And since your daughter is probably on holiday, it isn't easy to coordinate times to get a good vacation in.

well thanks, it is like that...but it is also a luxery problem...but if I knew that there would be three ships that day, we would've picked another itinerary. It's just a shame that how good you think you've organised it, RCCL can just change the whole experience...but as I said...it is just a luxery problem....

3 minutes ago, Notaworryintheworld said:

Don’t forget there’s a whole part of the island that isn’t open yet but will be by then. I didn’t feel it was too crowded at all with Mariner and navigator without the beach club area being open yet. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as you are thinking!

Luckily I already bought tickets for the Beach club area...there it might be not too overcrowded....but for my daughter in the waterpark...well...she has to wait a little longer in line......

Navigator itinerary:

Day 1 Mon Apr 27 Miami: EMBARK
        Depart 4:30 pm
Day 2 Tue Apr 28 Nassau: DOCKED
    Arrive 8:00 am Depart 9:00 pm
Day 3 Wed Apr 29 Perfect Day Coco Cay: DOCKED
    Arrive 7:00 am Depart 5:00 pm
Day 4 Thu Apr 30 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 5 Fri May 1 Miami: DEBARK
    Arrive 6:00 am

32 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Navigator itinerary:

Day 1 Mon Apr 27 Miami: EMBARK
        Depart 4:30 pm
Day 2 Tue Apr 28 Nassau: DOCKED
    Arrive 8:00 am Depart 9:00 pm
Day 3 Wed Apr 29 Perfect Day Coco Cay: DOCKED
    Arrive 7:00 am Depart 5:00 pm
Day 4 Thu Apr 30 Cruising: CRUISING

Day 5 Fri May 1 Miami: DEBARK
    Arrive 6:00 am

Out of curiosity where is that from?

Royals site still shows the 30th.

1 hour ago, BeachChik said:

I thought I had read that the intent was to have three ships, that the island was built to handle 12000 people. 

What is the total number of passengers from those three? Is it really that different then an oasis ship and a second ship. 

You are complaining yet you haven’t experienced it yet. Who knows,

it might now be that bad. 

Nope, time to start stressing out and come into the cruise with a bad attitude. Your logic need not apply here. 3 ships is always more than 2 ships with the same passenger size because I can count 3 is higher than 2.

• Like 2

While it may be school vacation time in the Netherlands, that will not be a school vacation time in the U.S. 

That should help with the number of passengers on the two Voyager class ships in particular. You won’t see jam-packed cabins and max capacity. 

We will be there April 16 with Navigator, Brilliance, Mariner. We sure won't be buying a water park pass. We were there last year with one medium size ship and the slide lines were crazy long. Can't imagine paying all that money and only getting to go down a slide a few times.