30 April Cococay TOO CROWDED

korpo024

8 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I just took the below screenshot from the Royal Caribbean travel agent booking system. Navigator will NOT be at CoCoCay 4/30, rather she is there 4/29. OP can climb down from the tree and breathe .....

Yes, I think the OP knows now that it will only Brilliance there and damn near spooky quiet. 🤣

7 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

What two ships?

I was there in mid-November with Grandeur and Anthem.  The only part that was crowded was around the Oasis Pool bar.  Plenty of lounges / umbrellas, no lines at food venues, etc.

Navigator and Mariner.  Totally agree with your assessment as well. 

14 hours ago, sharktums said:

Navigator and Mariner.  Totally agree with your assessment as well. 

So, the real question is why aren't they using the port to it's full capacity?  Stockholders up in arms, lol. 

Three non-oasis class ships (especially if one is Empress/Majesty) or two Oasis class ships seems possible.  They could get top dollar on every cabana and beach bed option w/o needing to resort to much in the way of sales.

On the day we will be at Coco Cay, there will be four ships in port.  I double checked the itineraries for all four ships on the RC website.  The four ships total about 16,000 passengers!

Edited by Smurphy

On 1/12/2020 at 10:31 AM, korpo024 said:

30th of April 2020:

Navigator  3926

Mariner      4001

Brilliance   2580

Together 10507 passengers (full occupancy)

TOO MUCH!

I can't sell that to my 7 year old daughter...it is a shame RCCL does this. This is just terrible....the island has a maximum capacity of 10000 guest accourding to Matt's Earnings article. 

Nope, wont be that many on Island. Done dozens Brilliance and Serenade Cruises, had between 1950-2050 at most. Im sure other ship totals are too far on high end for this off season cruise week....and I'm on Brilliance this week.

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, Smurphy said:

On the day we will be at Coco Cay, there will be four ships in port.  I double checked the itineraries for all four ships on the RC website.  The four ships total about 16,000 passengers!

The RCCL website can't be trusted.  What is the date? I'm positive it will NOT happen.  Again, they aren't even putting 12k pax on the island via 2 Oasis class ships all through 2020.  

1 hour ago, brookmill18 said:

We're on Oasis in June and just received email saying they were switching our Nassau and CocoCay days to alleviate port congestion. We get a little more time in CocoCay as a result which is a win imo!

What date will you be in Coco Cay now?  I'm curious only to see how quickly the information in this link is updated and how accurate it is.

http://crew-center.com/perfect-day-coco-cay-bahamas-cruise-ships-schedule-2020

On 1/12/2020 at 10:34 AM, Host Clarea said:

I would be surprised if there was still tendering capability.  Maybe they can tender to another part of the island, but the old tender area is gone and there's a bridge over the inlet entrance that would seem to prevent tenders from entering.

Agreed.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:55 PM, Another_Critic said:

Drop "critic" from this site's address.  But I spot checked ~5 other OTA and they all agree.

I'm going to assume this is yet another case of Royal ITitis where the front end and back end don't talk to each other.

Sometimes the ship docking/port websites aren’t accurate.  I have discovered that over time and stopped looking at them all together. 

On 1/14/2020 at 6:24 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I just took the below screenshot from the Royal Caribbean travel agent booking system. Navigator will NOT be at CoCoCay 4/30, rather she is there 4/29. OP can climb down from the tree and breathe .....

image.png

And this is good news for the OP.  

9 hours ago, brookmill18 said:

7/1 for CocoCay

7/1/2020?  I guess that means the link doesn't get updated quickly.  This shows Oasis alone on June 30 and moving to July 1 would be sharing with Grandeur and Mariner, unless they flopped to June 30th.

image.png.ea7121c00a6e58e466c8de9303ac9165.png

We originally were to be on CocoCay on 6/30/20, but the email just came yesterday saying they were swapping our Nassau/CocoCay days so now there on 7/1/2020. 

Personally, I'm not worrying about it. They will not make it unbearable--and we are now supposedly docking at 7am!

On 1/12/2020 at 9:21 AM, korpo024 said:

At 30 April 2020 Navigator of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, and Brilliance of the Seas are coming to the island of Cococay. This will not be the event that we are looking for. When we've booked our cruise, there was only Brilliance and Navigator in port, and now the island will be overcrowding by three large ships. The changing of itineraries is something I get, but this will be too much! If the prices would drop of all the things to do on the island, but NO the prices are still the same...now it's going to take hours to use the waterslides and so on...

Two ships is already enough...three is TOO MUCH!

Check this link out - you may have some facts wrong?  Hopefully so as 3 is too many...

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/138-Cococay/April_2020/

I have spoken to RCL and the information on multiple website is wrong. Navigator is on 29th April at Cococay, not on 30th April...It is because of the limited information on RCL website.

So now this thread can be closed....

4 hours ago, korpo024 said:

I have spoken to RCL and the information on multiple website is wrong. Navigator is on 29th April at Cococay, not on 30th April...It is because of the limited information on RCL website.

So you didn't believe what I posted on Sunday, but you now believe RCL?  j/k  😀

I wonder the same thing. Booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise on Oasis in October (Oct 4) and CruiseTimeTables show Oasis, Navigator, and Majesty at CocoCay on Oct 7th. But if I look at the cruise ship schedule through that cruise-crew website it only shows Oasis on the 7th and Majesty/Mariner a day earlier? I mocked booked both ships and they show the 7th....Hopefully not!

I wouldn't necessarily trust Cruise Mapper.  It had our stops in Roatan and Costa Maya reversed.  If you see something like this that looks odd, double check on the cruise line site.  Do mock bookings for other ships.

Those will be the "official" itineraries until notified of change by cruise line.

Regarding the OP complaint.  Another site. crew-center.com shows only the Brilliance of the Seas in CocoCay on 4/30/20.

Edited by crewsweeper

• 2 weeks later...

If the 10,000 pax is the capacity of the island, then our stop on May 24th will exceed that.  We are on Symphony of the Seas - 6,680 passengers with Mariner of the Seas - 3,807 passengers.  We are thinking it is going to be crowded.

On 1/12/2020 at 6:37 PM, molsonschooner said:

I see navigator as being there April 29th on one of the more popular t/a sites as well as on cruise cal

This is correct. Originally Navigator was scheduled to visit Cococay twice on this 4 day cruise which departs

on 27th April. They have altered the itinerary to a day at sea instead of visiting Cococay a second time.

Depart Miami 27th, Nassau 28th, Cococay, 29th ,  cruising 30th. Miami 1st.

I am booked on that cruise so that's how I have the details.    

1 hour ago, elaineb said:

If the 10,000 pax is the capacity of the island, then our stop on May 24th will exceed that.  We are on Symphony of the Seas - 6,680 passengers with Mariner of the Seas - 3,807 passengers.  We are thinking it is going to be crowded.

Almost likely ship's wont carry Full Capacity. Some sailings I've gone on barely above double let alone Full every Berth, let alone on this non-peak sailing. Reports so far with 2 ships show Cay not over crowded, yes might be some wait during peak hrs. I've said in past if they were smart have one ship come in and leave several hrs earlier then second...

Edited by ONECRUISER