30 April Cococay TOO CROWDED

korpo024

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Out of curiosity where is that from?

Royals site still shows the 30th.

Drop "critic" from this site's address.  But I spot checked ~5 other OTA and they all agree.

I'm going to assume this is yet another case of Royal ITitis where the front end and back end don't talk to each other.

2 hours ago, korpo024 said:

30th of April 2020:

Navigator  3926

Mariner      4001

Brilliance   2580

Together 10507 passengers (full occupancy)

So about an Oasis class and Voyager class together which has already occured if I recall correctly.  

You also assuming they reach SOLAS capacity on each ship which doesn't happen every cruise.  The HD on Adventure told me they had hit SOLAS capacity twice that year, that's it.  

1 hour ago, cello56 said:

We will be there April 16 with Navigator, Brilliance, Mariner. We sure won't be buying a water park pass. We were there last year with one medium size ship and the slide lines were crazy long. Can't imagine paying all that money and only getting to go down a slide a few times.

I've bought the waterpark tickets when I thought there were only two ships.....

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Drop "critic" from this site's address.  But I spot checked ~5 other OTA and they all agree.

I'm going to assume this is yet another case of Royal ITitis where the front end and back end don't talk to each other.

Normally we cruise with MSC in Europe. Those Italians always create chaos with conflicting stories on their website...so when we've decided to give RCCL a try when we were in the US, I thought everything would be much better organised...lol

4 hours ago, korpo024 said:

30th of April 2020:

Navigator  3926

Mariner      4001

Brilliance   2580

So actually less than having 2 big Oasis class ships there at the same time.

Can't blame Royal, they spent multi millions on upgrading the island and to not utilize it to its full capacity every day would be like flying an airliner half empty most of the time, not really a good financial decision

15 hours ago, korpo024 said:

30th of April 2020:

Navigator  3926

Mariner      4001

Brilliance   2580

TOO MUCH!

I can't sell that to my 7 year old daughter...it is a shame RCCL does this. This is just terrible....the island has a maximum capacity of 10000 guest accourding to Matt's Earnings article. 

You will not have 3 ships at Coco Cay on April 30th. The Navigator of the Seas will be there on April 29th,  not the 30th... so relax... your daughter will have a great time. The dock is made to accommodate 2 ships, not 3. And they don't tender boats there anymore.

Whatever your looking at is wrong because I'll be on the Navigator then... so YOU CAN RELAX!! 😆 and enjoy... 🐟🐠🐡🍕🍰🍗🍔🍟🍉🍦🍹🍍🌴🌺🌞🌅🏊🎶🐚🍹🌞

We went in Oct in a sold out ship (also the Navigator).  We were there with The Mariner of the Seas which also was sold out and there were no real long lines anywhere on the island. Both ships were there 2 times together. It was very nice and CHILLED. My husband did the thrill park and said the longest he waited was 10 minutes for the tallest slide. If you get there early instead of waiting til peak times between 10:30 and 2pm, the lines will be very small.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Actual data point...

We were just there on Sunday with two ships and the island and water park didn't feel crowded at all.  We actually commented that the island would feel empty with only one ship!  Our group did the big slide multiple times and EVERY other slide in the water park more than once along with the wave and activity pools.  Plus we walked around to the beach and giant pool.  Don't stress and freak out now.  It's not worth it,  you'll have fun.  Just be smart about it.  Hit up the low capacity rides first and last.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:52 PM, Another_Critic said:

Those 2 sites also list Allure, Grandeur, and Harmony at CocoCay on Feb 24th.  But postings on Harmony's roll call indicate that Harmony will not be there that day.

Oh dear god. 2 Oasis class ships there at once is a recipe for disaster during vacation week. 🤮

Is it really the end of life as we know it if you had to wait on a couple lines?  People pay crazy amounts of money to do this at Disney every day.  I'm sure it will be fine based on all the comments here.  It sounds like they designed the island to be enjoyable for a vast number of people at once.  Also consider that it's possible your ship won't even be able to dock there due to high winds so no visit at all is a possibility.  No port on any cruise is guaranteed.  

29 minutes ago, sharktums said:

Actual data point...

We were just there on Sunday with two ships and the island and water park didn't feel crowded at all.  We actually commented that the island would feel empty with only one ship!  Our group did the big slide multiple times and EVERY other slide in the water park more than once along with the wave and activity pools.  Plus we walked around to the beach and giant pool.  Don't stress and freak out now.  It's not worth it,  you'll have fun.  Just be smart about it.  Hit up the low capacity rides first and last.

What two ships?

I was there in mid-November with Grandeur and Anthem.  The only part that was crowded was around the Oasis Pool bar.  Plenty of lounges / umbrellas, no lines at food venues, etc.

31 minutes ago, rbschultz said:

Oh dear god. 2 Oasis class ships there at once is a recipe for disaster during vacation week. 🤮

I would honestly like to see them "test" it so we could find out if it's such a big deal or not.  If it got decent reviews, maybe stagger arrival and departure, all these capacity concerns would go away.  Ultimately going to get there but currently no Oasis class ships scheduled to dock together in 2020.

http://crew-center.com/perfect-day-coco-cay-bahamas-cruise-ships-schedule-2020

This link shows ONE ship on April 30th.  

I don't know how accurate it is but does anyone know (sorry this is OT) why Oasis would show up as capacity of 5,400 and Symphony/Harmony 6,780?  Their capacity should be pretty similar, right?  Especially after adding cabins?

18 minutes ago, CP3o said:

don't know how accurate it is but does anyone know (sorry this is OT) why Oasis would show up as capacity of 5,400 and Symphony/Harmony 6,780?  Their capacity should be pretty similar, right?  Especially after adding cabins?

Oasis at 5400 is double occupancy

HM and SY list max capacity. The max  capacity of Oasis is very close to her sisters and might be just a bit higher after her recent drydock. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hopefully we dock  first. 😀

That's for the 2nd week (November 9 sailing).  For our inaugural sailing it shows Odyssey and Independence so probably a bit closer to 10,000!   Like you said, I hope we dock first! 🙂

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 10:31 AM, korpo024 said:

30th of April 2020:

Navigator  3926

Mariner      4001

Brilliance   2580

TOO MUCH!

I can't sell that to my 7 year old daughter...it is a shame RCCL does this. This is just terrible....the island has a maximum capacity of 10000 guest accourding to Matt's Earnings article. 

When doing an estimate of the number of people, I use the math of 90% of full occupancy (as oppose to double occupancy which is every room has 2 people).  Full occupancy for a cruise ship means every bed is filled.  From what I hear that number falls at 106% of occupancy which is what Royal Caribbean aims for.  They cannot have more people than lifeboat capacity.

I did this when I found out there was going to be 8 cruise ships at Fort Lauderdale on my December 1st sailing on the Allure.  I came up with a number of 56400 people (90% of full occupancy of all ships x 2 coming and going).  I was scared that they would beat the record that day.  I was right about that they did beat the record, but the number came in at 55964, so I was really close considering.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Oasis at 5400 is double occupancy

HM and SY list max capacity. The max  capacity of Oasis is very close to her sisters and might be just a bit higher after her recent drydock. 

Weird they don't keep the listing apples to apples, either at double or max.  Anyway, looks like the first capacity test is not until Nov and they could still change an itinerary.  With the island finishing up end of Feb, and goals to ultimately dock up to 12,000, I'm surprised no Oasis ships docking together in all of 2020.

They must not think they could handle it yet (maybe need more venders operating?) or they'd have Oasis dock with Harmony instead of sailing around on at at sea day April 25th (Nassau the only port on 3 night sailing).

25-Apr-2020  Harmony Of The Seas  --- Royal Caribbean ---08:00-17:00    6,780