Costa Maya Mexico Beach Club Suggestions

etamu306

Hi fellow cruisers.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a beach club in Costa Maya.  We are in our mid-50's but like to have fun & drink!  Looking for something nicer.  We were thinking of Ya Ya.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, etamu306 said:

Hi fellow cruisers.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a beach club in Costa Maya.  We are in our mid-50's but like to have fun & drink!  Looking for something nicer.  We were thinking of Ya Ya.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Howdy etamu306 and welcome to Cruise Critic! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum. 👍 However, please note the following information is at the top of each page in the forum:

Note:  This area is intended only for questions and answers relating to technical assistance in using these message boards.  Please do not post general cruise-related questions or Roll Calls here.

Since your new thread concerns a specific Port of Call, I have moved your thread to the  Ports of Call -Caribbean - Costa Maya forum where it will be on-topic. Please browse through the thread titles on this new forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members will have already posted questions and received answers that will help you.

Cruise Critic is a great resource for all cruisers, whether new or experienced, and we are so glad you found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there that will be helpful. You will find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

Please remember the following stated in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Anytime you need to start a new thread on any forum, first make sure you are in the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members browsing through the thread titles and if they know the information they will reply to you. It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning one cruise line, one ship, one port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry. It will help the members to have the information they need in order to help you.

The Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your cruise is the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before the cruise. Also your fellow Roll Call members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread, especially ones that have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before. Your Roll Call thread is the ONLY place on Cruise Critic where you and your fellow Roll Call members may post personal ads about sharing tours, excursions, transportation etc. with each other. There is a "captive audience" since you are all sailing together! emo3.gif You will receive a much better response to your share request if you take some time to read the entire Roll Call thread, post an introductory post about yourself, and continue on to get to know the other members and allow them to get to know YOU first before you post your share request. That is the spirit of our Roll Calls.

For finding the Roll Call thread for your cruise, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call . For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to go to our Member Cruise Reviews section and submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience, and you might win a prize from Cruise Critic! emo34.gif See the latest list of winners: Review Your Cruise and You Could Win -- These Members Did! (January 16, 2020)

I sincerely hope this will be helpful to a new member and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!  emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Ya Ya is a good club.  Along the malecon with all the others.  Pitaya is associated with YaYa and appears to cater to older crowd. Tropicante is another good club.  Some people like Pez Quadro. And others like Krazy Lobster.

The issue with many clubs along the malecon is that they are right next to each other, no barriers between and if more than a couple of ships are in they do get crowded.  The further south you go the less crowded.  I haven't been there, but reports on a new club, Malecon 21, almost at the southern end of the malecon and away from others, are very good.   At the very north end, nearer the lighthouse is Blue Kay.  Typically less crowded as it's before the first tram stop.

If you  want an All Inclusive a bit further away from the main drag, look into Maya Chan.

• Like 1

We just put in a request for Maya Chan. It has 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor. $59 for drinks, food, kayaks, snorkeling, umbrellas.. I reviewed the post dated Sept 2013 above and she review many, albiet from 2013 so I just looked at each site. 

8 hours ago, De Colores said:

We just put in a request for Maya Chan. It has 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor. $59 for drinks, food, kayaks, snorkeling, umbrellas.. I reviewed the post dated Sept 2013 above and she review many, albiet from 2013 so I just looked at each site. 

Was at Maya Chan in 2018. Great service, drinks and food. The customer service cannot be better. The only reason we're not returning there next month was because the whole place was rented by a single group so no reservations were available. The water is murky there, but I sat in the floating chairs anchored about fifteen yards off the beach and enjoyed my adult beverages served right out there in the water.

mc1.jpg

mc2.jpg

5 hours ago, De Colores said:

They just replied and said they were full. Thanks for the info. 

Crew has good suggestions above post. Check out the reviews for those beach clubs to see if any appeal. Also Almaplena or Hayhu if you need to be off the malecon.

Edited by c-leg5

On 1/17/2020 at 7:02 AM, crewsweeper said:

Ya Ya is a good club.  Along the malecon with all the others.  Pitaya is associated with YaYa and appears to cater to older crowd. Tropicante is another good club.  Some people like Pez Quadro. And others like Krazy Lobster.

The issue with many clubs along the malecon is that they are right next to each other, no barriers between and if more than a couple of ships are in they do get crowded.  The further south you go the less crowded.  I haven't been there, but reports on a new club, Malecon 21, almost at the southern end of the malecon and away from others, are very good.   At the very north end, nearer the lighthouse is Blue Kay.  Typically less crowded as it's before the first tram stop.

If you  want an All Inclusive a bit further away from the main drag, look into Maya Chan.

Thank you for the recommendations.  I tried Maya Chan and they are booked for our date.  I am going to try to make a reservation at Malecon 21.  That looked like a nice place also.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:41 PM, etamu306 said:

Hi fellow cruisers.

Thanks!

We looked at YaYa and liked the good reviews but ended up with Tropicante.  We would only have a few hours and the weather forecast wasn’t good so we chose it because there is no charge for chairs and food/drinks are pay as you order.  The Grilled fish tacos were awesome and my tab including drinks all afternoon was under $20.  They also have a small bar across the street where you can taste organic tequila.  

I tried to get Maya Chan for my last cruise and was denied.

While looking on here, I found another spot - Almaplena. That offered the same amenities and came HIGHLY rated.

We gave them a shot and boy were we HAPPY! It is a bit of a drive away (about 30 minutes) but you get a pristine beach with ZERO crowds.

We were one of 3 groups there, so a total of 8 people were there. We got the most amazing food (Fresh Guac, Steak Tacos, Shrimp Tacos, and Quesadillas) Unlimited drinks, and we decided to go all out and hire a massage on the beach.

It was such a beautiful view and I highly suggest this place!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Because of a loss in my family during the holidays I am super late (at least compared to my typical super early reservations) and because I couldn’t find anything we wanted to do in Costa Maya that we haven’t done I was doing to default to Maya Chan. But they are full! Yikes. So I have been looking at other options -

YaYa looks good, but seems high priced for what will be a relatively short day since the food is extra and is not inexpensive. 

Tropicante‘s website made it difficult to judge much about it (and didn’t inspire confidence) and they hid the pricing well enough I couldn’t find it after two visit.

A recent post suggested Jaime’s Blue Reef and it seems to be priced almost exactly as Maya Chan (and Mr. Sancho’s) and gets good reviews. Fingers crossed  they have room.

Edited by AlohaLivin

2 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

Because of a loss in my family during the holidays I am super late (at least compared to my typical super early reservations) and because I couldn’t find anything we wanted to do in Costa Maya that we haven’t done I was doing to default to Maya Chan. But they are full! Yikes. So I have been looking at other options -

YaYa looks good, but seems high priced for what will be a relatively short day since the food is extra and is not inexpensive. 

Tropicante‘s website made it difficult to judge much about it (and didn’t inspire confidence) and they hid the pricing well enough I couldn’t find it after two visit.

A recent post suggested Jaime’s Blue Reef and it seems to be priced almost exactly as Maya Chan (and Mr. Sancho’s) and gets good reviews. Fingers crossed  they have room.

Not sure why you are having a problem with Tropicante website? This beach bar is PAYG and you can write and reserve loungers in advance. Lots of reviews and recommendations on here. Menu and pricing on the website. Quite straightforward , honest and good service but there are vendors and loungers are close together.

For quieter and a little more space  take a look at Malecon21. This is a new club with clean facilities. menu also online and $15pp minimum consumption charge to reserve and use a lounger.

16 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Not sure why you are having a problem with Tropicante website? This beach bar is PAYG and you can write and reserve loungers in advance. Lots of reviews and recommendations on here. Menu and pricing on the website. Quite straightforward , honest and good service but there are vendors and loungers are close together.

For quieter and a little more space  take a look at Malecon21. This is a new club with clean facilities. menu also online and $15pp minimum consumption charge to reserve and use a lounger.

Thanks for that info! The problem was more finding the rates at the site. But I appreciate the great info and suggestions, we visit pretty often and I am always up for new options!

We decided on Jaime’s - ya ya’ s look nice also, but seemed a good bit more expensive to get what we wanted to get out of the day and hubby loved their menu. Plus, they were super easy and pleasant to deal with (plus I was later than I should have been booking because of my mother’s death and they made sure to make room for us shorter notice).  We have been to the western Caribbean too much perhaps as this visit will include two days of us just sitting and watching the ocean.. but life could be worse!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 5:02 AM, crewsweeper said:

I just read a post that said the water at Maya Chan is yucky. Any comments on that?

Water is more Sandy bottom, but conditions vary depending on current and sargassum. Add, I don't think I ever recall that blue clear water you get in the Eastern Caribbean. Even Coz can be yucky looking at times. 

Edited by crewsweeper

2 hours ago, twtudor said:

I just read a post that said the water at Maya Chan is yucky. Any comments on that?

I

there is seagrass (as in many places in Costa Maya, in addition to seasonal sargassum) as described in their website.

Sargassum conditions as of last week were good, at least at Almaplena. It's several miles south of Maya Chan. The beach there seems to be more wide open than at Maya Chan. Not sure if/how geography might affect water color as well.

alma 2.jpg

On 1/22/2020 at 11:13 AM, Drock20J said:

I tried to get Maya Chan for my last cruise and was denied.

While looking on here, I found another spot - Almaplena. That offered the same amenities and came HIGHLY rated.

We gave them a shot and boy were we HAPPY! It is a bit of a drive away (about 30 minutes) but you get a pristine beach with ZERO crowds.

We were one of 3 groups there, so a total of 8 people were there. We got the most amazing food (Fresh Guac, Steak Tacos, Shrimp Tacos, and Quesadillas) Unlimited drinks, and we decided to go all out and hire a massage on the beach.

It was such a beautiful view and I highly suggest this place!

Was the food offered a buffet? All you can eat? A la carte? 

Just lunch? Or did they have snacks too?

Was it easy to find them at the pick up?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think we my book this and I want to compare to Maya Chan.

Thank you

8 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Was the food offered a buffet? All you can eat? A la carte? 

Just lunch? Or did they have snacks too?

Was it easy to find them at the pick up?

Sorry for all the questions, but I think we my book this and I want to compare to Maya Chan.

Thank you

The food was served as a normal meal, first the chips, then the tacos.

They did not have snacks, but I also did not ask for anything, the lunch was VERY filling!

The picking up to go to the resort was a little difficult, but still easy. Just find the area where all of the Taxis are and ask someone who can take you AlmaPlena. The pickup back to the ship was even easier. The driver was waiting for us in the driveway at our desired time.

9 minutes ago, Drock20J said:

The food was served as a normal meal, first the chips, then the tacos.

They did not have snacks, but I also did not ask for anything, the lunch was VERY filling!

The picking up to go to the resort was a little difficult, but still easy. Just find the area where all of the Taxis are and ask someone who can take you AlmaPlena. The pickup back to the ship was even easier. The driver was waiting for us in the driveway at our desired time.

So they don't actually come to pick you up at the port?

You take your own taxi? They pay the taxi when you get there? Or Am I just confused? lol