Jax hotels

canes20

Before I get told I'm in the wrong forum, I posted in Florida departures 5 days ago and have 1 response that didn't really help. 

Any recommendations for park and cruise hotels in Jacksonville? We have used Holiday Inn Express really close to port, but the price they quoted me for Nov 6 is really up there.

If you need to move the post, I understand.

Thanks for any help.

Check the hotels by Jacksonville airport.  The Crowne Plaza, Quality Inn and Home2Suites by Hilton all have cruise packages that include free parking during your cruise, and round trip transfers.  Also, many of the hotels that do not have a "cruise" package listed, will have a "park and fly" package that include free parking during your cruise, but you would have to arrange your own transportation to and from the port.

Edited by loanshark
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, canes20 said:

Before I get told I'm in the wrong forum, I posted in Florida departures 5 days ago and have 1 response that didn't really help. 

Any recommendations for park and cruise hotels in Jacksonville? We have used Holiday Inn Express really close to port, but the price they quoted me for Nov 6 is really up there.

If you need to move the post, I understand.

Thanks for any help.

I agree to  Crowne Plaza /Jacksonville Airport

We lived about 50 min. outside of Jacksonville for many years up until 2014 (so things could have changed) but there is a lot of crime, etc. in in certain parts of Jacksonville (like anywhere else) so the rates may be taking that into effect or there could be an event, etc.   There are a lot of concerts, a huge amount of festivals, etc. in that part of FL.   I don' t think you could go wrong with the Crowne Plaza (or that Holiday Inn Express unless it is cost prohibitive).  Several years ago we had to get a last min. cruise park  and cruise package in Ft. Lauderdale and the price stunned us.  We paid it..... but I'm still not over it (ha!).

1 hour ago, tgms said:

I agree to  Crowne Plaza /Jacksonville Airport

We lived about 50 min. outside of Jacksonville for many years up until 2014 (so things could have changed) but there is a lot of crime, etc. in in certain parts of Jacksonville (like anywhere else) so the rates may be taking that into effect or there could be an event, etc.   There are a lot of concerts, a huge amount of festivals, etc. in that part of FL.   I don' t think you could go wrong with the Crowne Plaza (or that Holiday Inn Express unless it is cost prohibitive).  Several years ago we had to get a last min. cruise park  and cruise package in Ft. Lauderdale and the price stunned us.  We paid it..... but I'm still not over it (ha!).

Believe me, there definitely have been a lot of changes in the airport area since you lived here! The River City Marketplace has probably doubled in size, a lot of ongoing construction on 95/295 highways in the area. I would suggest one of the hotels with a park and ride shuttle. As to the particular hotels, just read the reviews on Trip Advisor or one of those sites, I've found them most helpful when looking. There are a lot of events in Jacksonville. You could check by going on the City of Jacksonville's website, coj.net and look under the events section. We lived in that area years ago and have kids and grandkids who still do. Crime in the airport area is no worse than it is in other cities. Good luck in your search, I'm sure there are some good bargains out there, I've also found you sometimes get better deals if you call the hotel directly. 

We cruised this past November. Checked park and cruise hotels in Jax and thought they were very expensive.  We chose to stay in Kingsland, Ga and park at the port. Only 15 minute drive to the port.  Price was actually a little cheaper than the park and cruise option and we got off ship and directly into car to drive home. I

Not sure where your driving from but this is a good option.

We stayed at the Jacksonville Plaza Hotel in November for about $135 including tax. It was nothing fancy but it was good for a night. It included the room, a small breakfast, parking for the whole cruise, and shuttle round trip to and from the pier. I felt it was a very good deal because it included everything we needed.

Thanks for all the replies. Jacksonville Plaza price doesn't look bad. I will check them for Nov 6. 

Pink22 where did you stay in Kingsland? We are driving from Auburn, GA but like to drive day before departure and get close. We do like being able to just jump in the car and go. It's $85b to park at port so would like to see what the hotel in Kingsland is running.

Going to look at Crowne Plaza also.

Holiday Inn Express was quoted for $244.

We've always stayed in Waycross.  Easy Peasy drive to the Port.  Just make sure you go East on the go-around.  We did quite a tour on a day they were doing a marathon.  Ended up at the statium where we watch the superbowl.  There were cops there who thought they gave us good advice to Carnival's port.  About 25 miles.  The other rout was about 5 miles.

3 hours ago, canes20 said:

Thanks for all the replies. Jacksonville Plaza price doesn't look bad. I will check them for Nov 6. 

Pink22 where did you stay in Kingsland? We are driving from Auburn, GA but like to drive day before departure and get close. We do like being able to just jump in the car and go. It's $85b to park at port so would like to see what the hotel in Kingsland is running.

Going to look at Crowne Plaza also.

Holiday Inn Express was quoted for $244.

We stayed in Kingsland October 28 and 29 for the birth of one of our great granddaughters. We stayed at the baymont inn, the rate on line with AARP Discount was $54 per night plus tax. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was good and the staff was really nice. It's located right by I95 and right behind a Cracker Barrel. The hotel staff told me next time I should call them directly instead of booking on line, might be cheaper! I was extremely satisfied. I do believe it's a bit more than 15 minutes to the port, probably closer to 30 minutes, but very easy drive except for all the construction around the I95 - I295 Beltway. 

Went through a popular website and just chose an area close to I-95. Got Microtel Inn &Suites.  Total cost of hotel and parking was $145. Hotel $60 -- very clean, free breakfast, free cookies and snacks that evening, good location. This was for a stay on Sunday night. 

• Like 1

We stayed in Kingsland, GA last time we cruised out of Jax. It is right inside of GA about 45 minutes from port. Plus, the price that we paid plus parking was the same that we would have paid at a park and cruise hotel, and it didn't involve waiting for a shuttle coming or going. We stayed at a County Inn and Suits right at the interstate.

Edited by Gamecock_Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

May be too late to be much help, but just got back from a cruise out of Jax. We stayed at the Quality Inn. Room for one night, breakfast, parking, and shuttle to and from the port was just over $110. 

Clean room, decent breakfast, and no problems leaving the car.

I have been on a few cruises out of Jacksonville and have stayed at the Quality Inn by the airport and across the street Hilton Garden Inn airport.  Both are about 20 minutes from port and a month ago I parked at port but at onetime both would allow you to park car with them for little extra.  I found out this year that uber allows entry to port so my next time I will choose one of these and uber to port.  Hilton has more restaurants within walking distance.  Quality used to have a good steak house Millhouse next door but it is closed.

19 hours ago, sma30135 said:

May be too late to be much help, but just got back from a cruise out of Jax. We stayed at the Quality Inn. Room for one night, breakfast, parking, and shuttle to and from the port was just over $110. 

Clean room, decent breakfast, and no problems leaving the car.

What is the address for the one you stayed at? Is it at the airport?  Thank you