Help with shuttle from Port of Miami to Miami Airport

emmasmom123

Does anyone have any suggestions on a shuttle company that you can pre-book for transfers from the Port of Miami to Miami International airport? 

We disembark from the Meraviglia on February 16, 2020 and our flight to Toronto leaves at 12:00pm, we are 5 people.  I'm trying to be prepared so I don't have to worry and would like a company that someone has experience with.  

Thank you,

Jenn

Edited by emmasmom123
wrong date

2 hours ago, emmasmom123 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on a shuttle company that you can pre-book for transfers from the Port of Miami to Miami International airport? 

We disembark from the Meraviglia on February 16, 2020 and our flight to Toronto leaves at 12:00pm, we are 5 people.  I'm trying to be prepared so I don't have to worry and would like a company that someone has experience with.  

Thank you,

Jenn

You really don't need a transfer company. A taxi is a set rate to the airport. You can grab one anytime...

But if you really want a specific company: SAS, Go Airport, Prime Time, Super Shuttle, Dolphin Limo, etc.  

Definitely the taxi if there's 5 of you (get a van that can seat 5) - it will be the fastest and most economical.  Shuttle are per person and there is nothing less than $8pp and they usually wait until full or leave at preset time.  Taxi rate to MIA is set price and is per vehicle, not pp.

Assuming all (5) of you are capable to do self-disembarkation, you should be out of the cruise terminal building on or before 8:30am. There are a lot of taxis, call an Uber or Lyft, or one of the many cruise-to-airport transpo companies. There is also a bus going to MIA (this is what we took when we cruised with Seaside in 2018). We were at MIA just after 9AM. Our flight to YYZ was at noon. We had a lot of spare time at MIA.

On 1/19/2020 at 1:56 AM, reedprincess said:

You really don't need a transfer company. A taxi is a set rate to the airport. You can grab one anytime...

But if you really want a specific company: SAS, Go Airport, Prime Time, Super Shuttle, Dolphin Limo, etc.  

Are you sure those mentioned companies serve Miami International?  Most don't.

Normally I'd recommend uber or lyft BUT a taxi is a no brainer in Maimi. It's a set rate so you can't get ripped off. Finding Uber and Lyft can be a huge pain in the rear given all the traffic and sometimes they force the uber/lyft folks to walk quite a ways to the uber/lyft pick up. Taxi will meet you right outside of the building. Two taxis would work also. Miami International is a stones throw from the port. I'm all about saving money, but in this case, I think taxi is the most simple and the most time sensitive.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:23 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Are you sure those mentioned companies serve Miami International?  Most don't.

Normally I'd recommend uber or lyft BUT a taxi is a no brainer in Maimi. It's a set rate so you can't get ripped off. Finding Uber and Lyft can be a huge pain in the rear given all the traffic and sometimes they force the uber/lyft folks to walk quite a ways to the uber/lyft pick up. Taxi will meet you right outside of the building. Two taxis would work also. Miami International is a stones throw from the port. I'm all about saving money, but in this case, I think taxi is the most simple and the most time sensitive.

Uber pickup was right outside the port terminal.  All pickup was from the same area but I did not see taxis queued when I self disembarked in December.  Or do you mean the airport forces you to walk a longer way upon dropoff?