Selling at cost??

grandgeezer

Stumbled on two cruises in April, one eight days and one thirteen days. Unobstructed balcony price includes one perk, If you click on add to all four perks the price comes to $20 p.p. per day on each cruises. I wonder if this is their actual cost or is a majority of it built into the price?? I know which way I'm leaning.

No thanks, I'd rather deal with someone who is more upfront and open with their pricing.

7 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Stumbled on two cruises in April, one eight days and one thirteen days. Unobstructed balcony price includes one perk, If you click on add to all four perks the price comes to $20 p.p. per day on each cruises. I wonder if this is their actual cost or is a majority of it built into the price?? I know which way I'm leaning.

No thanks, I'd rather deal with someone who is more upfront and open with their pricing.

The upgrade to 4 perks for the current promo seems to be $300 pp regardless of the length of the cruise.  
I repriced 3 cruises  with the  previous promotion and reduced the price a total of $3,900.  When the current promotion was announce the prices on the 3  cruises went up  $ 200-$700 per person.  So I’d say more of the cost of the perks was built into the price.

The normal upgrade price from "Sail" with zero perks (currently one perk from the promotion) to "Sail Plus" with two perks (currently all four perks from the promotion) has been 20$pppd since Celebrity changed from Go Big Better Best to Sail-Sail Plus-Sail All Included. I don't believe it has been changed to a fixed amount independently from the cruise length. 140$pp for a 7-night cruise, 200$pp for a 10-night cruise etc.

Remember, with the current promotion you actually only pay for the normal two perks, but you get all four.

1 hour ago, mikkelhansen said:

The normal upgrade price from "Sail" with zero perks (currently one perk from the promotion) to "Sail Plus" with two perks (currently all four perks from the promotion) has been 20$pppd since Celebrity changed from Go Big Better Best to Sail-Sail Plus-Sail All Included. I don't believe it has been changed to a fixed amount independently from the cruise length. 140$pp for a 7-night cruise, 200$pp for a 10-night cruise etc.

Remember, with the current promotion you actually only pay for the normal two perks, but you get all four.

My error, I thought it was $300 for all cruises since I was price checking my cruises and they were 15 night cruises hence I saw  + $300 on all of them.  

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Why? Cruise lines are under no obligation to do the thinking and price comparison for you. That's your job, not theirs. If you want the best deal, you have to put in the work yourself.

Edited by sfaaa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

So why not just call them and find out before assuming it is not upfront/open?

• Thanks 1