How late can you stay on the ship the last day?

august1963

2 hours ago, ed01106 said:

I think folks are overly hostile in the responses. The OP was simply asking when was the latest you are allowed to stay on, nothing wrong with the question.  And nothing wrong leaving with the final wave or asking when the final wave is.  And less people crowding the exit when others are rushing to leave makes it easier for those wanting or needing to get off quickly.  Some people need to be at the tail end and there is nothing wrong with choosing to be part of that group.  As I read the question the OP was asking how long can I stay without being a problem, not anything to suggest the OP was planning on staying past that.

What's Hostile about asking people to disembark in a reasonable time so other people can board?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rvsullivan said:

No drinks available at debarkation!!

Thanks! Sailing the Vista in April and our flight out of Hobby isn’t until 4. Rather than hang out longer on the ship we’ll get off and find a restaurant in Galveston for brunch, Mimosas and Bloody Marys. Everybody wins! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LaRue1975 said:

Thanks! Sailing the Vista in April and our flight out of Hobby isn’t until 4. Rather than hang out longer on the ship we’ll get off and find a restaurant in Galveston for brunch, Mimosas and Bloody Marys. Everybody wins! 

Good thinking! You are only 2 blocks from the historic Strand shopping district. Very eclectic with shops, bars and restaurants. That's our favorite place to go when we stay in Galveston.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS757US758&sxsrf=ACYBGNSK7QprDsDqJvpEqv76_8r700oVeg:1580268734732&q=the+strand+galveston+bars&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjNjdXk76fnAhVUXM0KHTZvA_cQ1QIoBXoECA4QBg&biw=1366&bih=663

Thank you Joe817, I will use that link to choose a restaurant. I plan to drop our luggage at Cruise Stop and explore downtown until our shuttle pick up at 1.

This cruise we are taking my daughter and family but I booked the Vista again for May 2021 for our 45th anniversary, going full Havana on that one! We plan to spend at least 3 nights pre-cruise in Galveston, will be fun to scout it out for a few hours this trip! 

On 1/23/2020 at 12:54 AM, august1963 said:

This is all good to know, as our shuttle is at 10:05 a.m. and I would rather be on the ship than outside waiting on the curb.  Plus, I can sleep in a little later.....Thanks to all!

You should be fine.  Clear your room by the announced time (usually 8:30). Go and have a relaxed breakfast in the MDR - you will have an hour or more before last call- After breakfast we like to find a seat on an upper deck and relax. When final call is made, slowly make your way  down - the long lines will be gone and you should sail through the debarkation in time to catch your shuttle.

On 1/27/2020 at 6:52 PM, g-cindy said:

Grab luggage 18 and you will have to leave around 10  am

We grabbed tags for zone 18 last week and left @ 10:15 exactly. Out of our cabin by 8:30. I was surprised at how many people were still on the ship with suitcases waiting to be kicked off! We always are among the last to leave.

On 1/27/2020 at 10:05 PM, Joe817 said:

Well put dockside31! They are just as anxious to get ON the ship as you were, when you were standing there in line, cussing those passengers who weren't debarking when they were asked to get off! Have some consideration for those wanting to get ON the ship when you SHOULD be trying to get off! Don't be so selfish!  

Calm down.  It is a set schedule.  They will have all the passengers off by 10:30 and they do not immediately start putting passengers on.  There is a built in buffer to the system.  Staying until the last possible minute does not delay the next group.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

Calm down.  It is a set schedule.  They will have all the passengers off by 10:30 and they do not immediately start putting passengers on.  There is a built in buffer to the system.  Staying until the last possible minute does not delay the next group.

I've had a few cruises out of FLL where staff claimed our boarding would be delayed due to prior pax not getting off the ship promptly.  I was Diamond at the time, waiting right near the boarding doors, and I could see folk slowly making their way off.

Once I was able to board just after 1PM, and the 2nd time was 1:30PM or so.  The ship departed FLL late as well.