Tell me about MSC cruise lines.

andychris

16 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes rccl is same as celebrity you just pay the difference plus tip. And most drinks are totally covered. 

Sometimes you may get a good bartender who won’t charge the extra it’s surprising what an odd $ tip here and there can do.

But I wouldn’t count on it.

1 minute ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Sometimes you may get a good bartender who won’t charge the extra it’s surprising what an odd $ tip here and there can do.

But I wouldn’t count on it.

I had a bartender a few years ago on Brilliance that would pour me a huge cognac as soon as he would see me , he was tipped well . 

Just off Preziosa yesterday, sailing in the Yacht Club.  It was everything we had read and more. If you are cruising with MSC, the Yacht Club is definitely worth the money. This was my 2nd MSC cruise and DH’s first.  Our 30th cruise on lots of different cruise lines.  We had no problems with drinks outside of Yacht Club, thought the theater shows were well done, ship was beautiful and service was excellent. Food was hit and miss.  Shore excursions were disappointing. Lots of music all over the ship but it was all blaring. I had the same complaint on the Armonia.  It was too loud to stay and enjoy.  Will we sail again?  Probably not.  We knew most of the passengers would not be Americans but was not prepared to have no one to talk to on the whole cruise except the staff.  We enjoy meeting new people in the dining rooms, lounges, excursions, etc.  There was no one to have a friendly conversation with on the entire cruise. The cruise started and ended in Martinique and most passengers spoke French, Italian or German.  Again our problem but it affected the enjoyment of our cruise.  

1 minute ago, beachseeker said:

ost passengers spoke French, Italian or German.  Again our problem but it affected the enjoyment of our cruise.  

Word of advice - make sure that you never travel to non- English speaking countries. You will have the same problem.

2 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Word of advice - make sure that you never travel to non- English speaking countries. You will have the same problem.

We have travelled to lots of non English speaking countries, but thank you for your advice.  One of the things we enjoy about cruising is interacting with passengers and we were not able to do so on this cruise.  

6 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

I think that's a pretty snotty and unnecessary remark.  

Incidentally, I'm confident that the residents in non-English speaking countries would tell you that they CAN and DO learn a second language.  And WOW - it's often English!

1 hour ago, beachseeker said:

We have travelled to lots of non English speaking countries, but thank you for your advice.  One of the things we enjoy about cruising is interacting with passengers and we were not able to do so on this cruise.  

I think the majority of us understood what you meant here - especially since you were upfront about it and said it was your problem.

Personally, I love communication "challenges", but know that many do not. Because of that, I think your comment was good. If you sail on the Seaside or other ships leaving from MIA or TPA, English is common. Here is was not. So if that is important to you, now you know.

Thanks for your honest opinion of the cruise.

Kevin

Edited by alyssamma