Can Diamond member bring in traveling companion

VonRyan

On 1/26/2020 at 2:08 PM, Cruisin’A said:

...... So, I would imagine that they would honor your points for your wife. ... And congrats on your wedding (since you said “new” wife)!  

Thanks, happily married once again. My late wife and I cruised for 35 years before she passed. C&A linked my new DW to my status even though we have different last names but are living at the same address. 
C&A 800-526-9723

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jessejo said:

I should have said that he would have the status but won’t get the free drinks.

If he is made diamond (which he shouldn't be) he will have all the perks/benefits any diamond member has. It's not limited. If he is given diamond tier level he will not lose the tier level after the cruise. It's not temporary. IMO your adult kid supposedly being given diamond this is wrong and hopefully the RC reservation agent cannot make it happen. I hope the C&A society catches it and stops it from happening.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I stand by my previous post, regardless of what you were told on the phone , your adult son will not be granted your status nor access to the diamond lounge 

I agree. Hopefully the C&A society will catch it and deny the adult kid from being linked. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VonRyan said:

Thanks, happily married once again. My late wife and I cruised for 35 years before she passed. C&A linked my new DW to my status even though we have different last names but are living at the same address. 
C&A 800-526-9723

Enjoy as you both should be linked to your tier level. 🍷

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

I agree. Hopefully the C&A society will catch it and deny the adult kid from being linked. 

They should deny all linking, IMO.  Per cruise matching only.

It seems dumb that they give SO and minor children permanent status, but they won't even allow your cabin mate to share on a per cruise basis.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

It seems dumb that they give SO and minor children permanent status, but they won't even allow your cabin mate to share on a per cruise basis.

Yeap.

Again, looking at the airline model, some airlines do allow providing ONE person with status match, for very frequent travelers.

Delta gives that as a choice of perks (they offer you a number of different ones, and each year you make Diamond, you can pick from the list).  The status match lasts for the year.

United allows it for Million Milers.  You can nominate one person for status match.  It auto renews until you call them and end it.  Or change it to another person.

If I were in charge, that is what I would do.  You can status match one adult person at a time.  That person gets your status until you revoke it or change to another person.  Children would have status match up to 18, then they lose the parent's status.

Traveling companions (same cabin, limit one adult) would have status match FOR THAT CRUISE.  If more than two in the cabin, the person with status picks who get the match.

But I would also put a time limit on status if you do not cruise.  Maybe you drop one tier if you don't cruise for, say 2 years.  If you don't cruise for another 2 years, you drop another tier.  But if you start cruising again, maybe after 2 cruises in 2 years, you get back one tier.  3 cruises in 2 years, you get back 2 tiers, etc.

16 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

If married or living together tier level matching stays like it currently is. If divorced or stop living together the tier level is changed to match current cruise  points. No tier level matching for kids of any age or those traveling together. 

So a update.

I called the Australian C&A and they told me they don’t link partners  any more but my wife is more than welcome in the diamond lounge.which I didn’t believe.

So I emailed Molly and one of her staff made a family grouping for me which makes my wife a diamond.

I love Molly ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

So a update.

I called the Australian C&A and they told me they don’t link partners  any more but my wife is more than welcome in the diamond lounge.which I didn’t believe.

So I emailed Molly and one of her staff made a family grouping for me which makes my wife a diamond.

I love Molly ❤️❤️❤️❤️

So to sum it up.

C&A in Australia gave you wrong information and Molly’s team linked you and your wife just like it is supposed to happen.