Can Diamond member bring in traveling companion

VonRyan

27 minutes ago, amyscruising said:

So only Celebrity elevates your traveling companion to the same level as you?  I am traveling with a non-diamond for the first time- they are not allowed to go in the lounge with me?  

I would be shocked that Celebrity confers loyalty status to any travel companion 

Just wanted to thank the OP for this thread.  I recently made diamond level but my husband has not.  No one on my last cruise told me I could link accounts (went to DL without him 😞 ).  Just called the crown and anchor number and it took minutes to link accounts.  I was told his account would now reflect my level and balance.  Great timing as we are going on an 8 day cruise at the end of February!

• Like 2

On 1/23/2020 at 2:22 PM, Tulsacoker said:

I would be shocked that Celebrity confers loyalty status to any travel companion 

Celebrity does not confer loyalty status to a traveling cabin mate but they allow a cabin mate to accompany the person with the club level to attend activities with them.

Sherri🙂

On 1/23/2020 at 1:54 PM, amyscruising said:

So only Celebrity elevates your traveling companion to the same level as you?  I am traveling with a non-diamond for the first time- they are not allowed to go in the lounge with me?  

That is correct, you may not bring in a traveling companion. 

On 1/23/2020 at 4:22 PM, WI-Cruiser said:

BTW, the 12 x 500ML doesn't just apply to water, but to any non-alcoholic beverage.

Just pour the vodka into empty 500ml water bottle or whiskey into an empty coke one 

Edit: Pour

Edited by Monk86

On 1/22/2020 at 7:46 PM, VonRyan said:

FYI. Just spoke with C&A Rep....was told I can bring up to 2 750ml bottles of wine and 12 500 ml of water (per stateroom)  on board for cabin consumption only.  Is this in line with what you’ve been told. 

You can also bring sodas or other nonalcoholic beverages. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

18 minutes ago, nonnie&dgd said:

I am diamond and cruising with my 7 year old granddaughter. Will they let me bring her in with me? She’s very quiet.

It’s not a matter of quiet... it’s a matter of many having Diamond or higher status and lounges are getting crowded. 

27 minutes ago, nonnie&dgd said:

I am diamond and cruising with my 7 year old granddaughter. Will they let me bring her in with me? She’s very quiet.

I was told by rccl rep that yes my husband and I can bring in my 2 granddaughters 

I have been separated from my husband for about a decade and a half. I have my own C&A number and just hit Diamond level (will sail as one for first time this year, sooo excited!). The RCI emails actually come in my ex’s name with his number and each time that I cruise, he gets my points, too. He hasn’t cruised anymore, so perk for me, but if he decides to set sail, he has the Diamond because of my points. So, I would imagine that they would honor your points for your wife. ... And congrats on your wedding (since you said “new” wife)!  

1 hour ago, true45 said:

I was told by rccl rep that yes my husband and I can bring in my 2 granddaughters 

The RC phone reps don't count. That is the decision of the DLC whether the kid will be allowed in the DL. IMO non diamond members no matter their age should never be allowed in the DL. Especially now that D+ are being kicked out of the CL on the ships that still have CLs. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 5

Just for reference everyone, I've had phone calls (Australia) where they rejected my partner for Diamond but once I emailed them through the 'contact us' form on the website he was made Diamond, I just said he lived at the same address as me.

I think its just a matter of who is reviewing the decision and if theyre in a good mood that day, lol. 

On 1/26/2020 at 9:54 AM, sjb317 said:

Celebrity does not confer loyalty status to a traveling cabin mate but they allow a cabin mate to accompany the person with the club level to attend activities with them.

Sherri🙂

That is similar to airlines.

A traveling companion can use the priority check in with me.  Have priority boarding.  And also use the lounge.

But only when traveling with me (having the status).

It makes more sense than lifetime status for someone who was one time linked to someone with status.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SRF said:

That is similar to airlines.

A traveling companion can use the priority check in with me.  Have priority boarding.  And also use the lounge.

But only when traveling with me (having the status).

It makes more sense than lifetime status for someone who was one time linked to someone with status.

AMEN

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

AMEN

Makes sense to me — to allow the accompaniment of the other person in the cabin to the event without elevating their status.

Otherwise, the loyal guest cannot enjoy their earned status and the other person in the cabin doesn’t get that taste of the benefits to come when they earn the status too.  

If the Diamond lounge is getting crowded, that means more loyal RCCL guests - perhaps there can be another way to reward loyalty around the ship such as adding cappuccinos & drinks and snacks for Diamonds and + in another area of the ship.

Different policies & different enforcement around the fleet depending on who we talk to  doesn’t make for happy guests.

31 minutes ago, true45 said:

Otherwise, the loyal guest cannot enjoy their earned status and the other person in the cabin doesn’t get that taste of the benefits to come when they earn the status too.  

You can have and enjoy your C&A HH drinks elsewhere or go to the DL without the non diamond.  Your choice. We never and I'll bet most diamond and above never had a taste of benefits to come. 🙄 

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You can have and enjoy your C&A HH drinks elsewhere or go to the DL without the non diamond.  Your choice. We never and I'll bet most diamond and above never had a taste of benefits to come. 🙄 

With your logic then there's no need to link SO and children.  Earn the perks or stay out.

• Like 1