Can Diamond member bring in traveling companion

VonRyan

56 minutes ago, true45 said:

Makes sense to me — to allow the accompaniment of the other person in the cabin to the event without elevating their status.

Otherwise, the loyal guest cannot enjoy their earned status and the other person in the cabin doesn’t get that taste of the benefits to come when they earn the status too.  

If the Diamond lounge is getting crowded, that means more loyal RCCL guests - perhaps there can be another way to reward loyalty around the ship such as adding cappuccinos & drinks and snacks for Diamonds and + in another area of the ship.

Different policies & different enforcement around the fleet depending on who we talk to  doesn’t make for happy guests.

The loyal guest can enjoy perks by utilizing the three drinks loaded on their card.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

With your logic then there's no need to link SO and children.  Earn the perks or stay out.

Children under 18 and living at the same address as the diamond member they are welcome. As they are currently. When the kid is over 18 their tier level changes to match their cruise points.  If the SO (not married) lives at the same address they are welcome but only temporarily (for that cruise only) unlike what they are allowed currently. If a married couple divorces their tier level changes to match their cruise points. 

No there is no earning the C&A perks/benefits of the C&A society. It's enjoy the perks/benefits you've paid for by cruising with RC.  

Edited by davekathy

15 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Children under 18 and living at the same address as the diamond member they are welcome. As they are currently. When the kid is over 18 their tier level changes to match their cruise points.  If the SO (not married) lives at the same address they are welcome but only temporarily (for that cruise only) unlike what they are allowed currently. If a married couple divorces their tier level changes to match their cruise points. 

No there is no earning the C&A perks/benefits of the C&A society. It's enjoy the perks/benefits you've paid for by cruising with RC.  

Not exactly accurate. When the kids turn 18 they keep the status of their parents until they can “level up” on their own volition.

I believe this is a small part of the overcrowding issue.

7 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Not exactly accurate. When the kids turn 18 they keep the status of their parents until they can “level up” on their own volition.

I believe this is a small part of the overcrowding issue.

Agree. Now that I reread what I posted it should have read, when the kid turns 18 their tier level needs to change to match their cruise points. They don't keep the same tier level their parents are if the kid doesn't have the cruise points for that tier level. 

It may be (?) a small part but it will grow adding to the overcrowding in the DL. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Now that I reread what I posted it should have read, when the kid turns 18 their tier level needs to change to match their cruise points. They don't keep the same tier level their parents are if the kid doesn't have the cruise points for that tier level. 

I agree 100%, at 18 they SHOULD downgrade of necessary to actual sailed nights!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 1:08 PM, Cruisin’A said:

I have been separated from my husband for about a decade and a half. I have my own C&A number and just hit Diamond level (will sail as one for first time this year, sooo excited!). The RCI emails actually come in my ex’s name with his number and each time that I cruise, he gets my points, too. He hasn’t cruised anymore, so perk for me, but if he decides to set sail, he has the Diamond because of my points. So, I would imagine that they would honor your points for your wife. ... And congrats on your wedding (since you said “new” wife)!  

When I got divorced, I called Crown & Anchor and had my ex removed from my account. He hasn't cruised since we divorced but if he ever decides to, he's not getting my Diamond+ status. You can remove your ex so he doesn't get to take advantage of your cruises. 🙂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I agree 100%, at 18 they SHOULD downgrade of necessary to actual sailed nights!

They do downgrade. When my daughter turned 18, she went down to Diamond (based on her own individual cruise points). It makes her mad that my 16-year-old has my Diamond+ status. 

Edited by MellowMel

On 1/23/2020 at 8:54 AM, amyscruising said:

So only Celebrity elevates your traveling companion to the same level as you?  I am traveling with a non-diamond for the first time- they are not allowed to go in the lounge with me?  

No, you cannot take a non Diamond traveling companion into the Diamond lounge. The difference is that on Royal, you can enjoy your three drinks in any bar with your friend

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MellowMel said:

My daughter turned 18 in Oct. 2018 and she was downgraded to Diamond for June 2019 and Dec. 2019. I consider that recent.

Your report is the exception, I don’t recall a single downgrade like that. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MellowMel said:

When I got divorced, I called Crown & Anchor and had my ex removed from my account. He hasn't cruised since we divorced but if he ever decides to, he's not getting my Diamond+ status. You can remove your ex so he doesn't get to take advantage of your cruises. 🙂

I am okay with it, I even reminded him about it in case he decides to cruise. Thank you, though! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

No, you cannot take a non Diamond traveling companion into the Diamond lounge. The difference is that on Royal, you can enjoy your three drinks in any bar with your friend

I believe one exception is if the companion a minor ... which they should be Diamond also. Guess i didn't have an exception. Carry on

Edited by Tulsacoker

8 hours ago, davekathy said:

Does he? If so C&A has allowed linking for those living at the same address that aren't married. 

He does yes. But when I mentioned this on the phone they said it doesnt matter, its a no, whilst when I emailed them it did matter and it was a yes. Mixed messages.

1 hour ago, jsg612 said:

He does yes. But when I mentioned this on the phone they said it doesnt matter, its a no, whilst when I emailed them it did matter and it was a yes. Mixed messages.

Did you call the C&A desk? The Email went to the C&A society and glad to hear they said it did matter that you both share the same address. 

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Your report is the exception, I don’t recall a single downgrade like that. 

Agree. My Daughter who is 22, cruised in 2000 and 2001, 2- 7nite Cruises, became Diamond plus like me 10yrs ago. Just checked, she is still Diamond Plus with Credit only 2 cruises

• Like 1

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

I stand by my previous post, regardless of what you were told on the phone , your adult son will not be granted your status nor access to the diamond lounge 

But they most likely will let the son join the parent in the Diamond check in line at embarkation.