Your favorite women's medallion holder?

flahagan

Just now, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Port security didn't ask to see the names on them in St Thomas or St Martin. They just wanted to make sure we had medallions.

Yes, just like anything with Princess, it's hit & miss, but we were stopped several times so port security could see the ship's name and sail dates, while other's breezed through.

If the medallion is supposed to speed things up, and the clip from Amazon slowed things down for us, I did what made the most sense for us, and got rid of the clip.

I have 6 of the Fitbit holders in different colors so I coordinate them with my purse, tote, outfit or mood🤪. I clip it on my purse, watch band, phone strap or inside a pocket. 

Have used them on over 10 cruises in NE, Canada and the Caribbean. Have been asked by local port security to see the medallion several  times but have never been asked to remove it from the holder. 

On the first medallion cruises I used a Princess clip but it wasn’t very sturdy and would fall off. Luckily for me I was on the ship when that happened and each time I went to Guest Services and they could locate it and tell me where to look like under the dining table or a slot machine. 

My wife’s favorite medallion holder? That would be me of course! 😉 The only trouble with that is that Princess probably now thinks that my wife accompanies me to the toilet each time I go to the gents! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Oscla said:

Does anyone have the dimensions for the medallion. We make jewelry and going on a medallion cruise later this year. Want to make our own holders.

OD 30 mm.  Thickness at the rim, 4 1/2 mm. The rim has magnets which hold it in place in some of the available holders. The medallion is crowned so that the center is thicker than the rim. The medallion comes in a rectangular plastic holder which is 53mm x 70mm. The holder has a loop on top to attach to a lanyard or other similar item. The holder has a stiff paper insert that can be easily changed to any design you like.

Opinion. If you use the app and complete all the ocean ready information you will receive the medallion around two to three weeks before sailing. It may be just easier to wait. 

On 1/24/2020 at 12:03 PM, MWcruiser said:

We ordered these from Amazon.  They slide onto a watch band.  Reviews are good, but we haven’t actually tried them yet. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RC2B9BY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have one of these and it worked perfectly.  You have to have a fairly narrow watchband for it to slide onto, but the medallion fit snugly into the holder.  Many people, including crew, asked me where I got it.  It comes in a variety of colors.  

image.png.0ed6567ff2c25cd508c3535750e12d14.png

• Like 1

I have a small crossbody purse that I use during the day that converts to a wrist strap that I use at night.   It has a see through vinyl window that I put the medallion in.  Sometimes I need to hold the purse up to the door unlock pad to unlock the cabin but usually not.  If a bartender needs to see it it is easily accessible.  If I use my beach bag I just put the whole purse in the beach bag. Just another ides.  

10 hours ago, pompeii said:

I have one of these and it worked perfectly.  You have to have a fairly narrow watchband for it to slide onto, but the medallion fit snugly into the holder.  Many people, including crew, asked me where I got it.  It comes in a variety of colors.  

image.png.0ed6567ff2c25cd508c3535750e12d14.png

I have this as well.  Fits on my fitbit so I don't need 2 things.  I take if off for nicer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, skynight said:

OD 30 mm.  Thickness at the rim, 4 1/2 mm. The rim has magnets which hold it in place in some of the available holders. The medallion is crowned so that the center is thicker than the rim. The medallion comes in a rectangular plastic holder which is 53mm x 70mm. The holder has a loop on top to attach to a lanyard or other similar item. The holder has a stiff paper insert that can be easily changed to any design you like.

Opinion. If you use the app and complete all the ocean ready information you will receive the medallion around two to three weeks before sailing. It may be just easier to wait. 

Thank you