B2B questions

Good Morning Everyone!

Had a few questions regarding my B2B cruises in April aboard Indy.

How do they know that we will be staying on the ship for the second cruise?  Do we have to link them some how?

We will be in different cabins for both....first one we are in the front with a window ocean view on the 9th floor and the second we go to a JS in the middle also on the 9th floor.

When I asked someone on the phone at RC they first told me we will need to pack our bags/luggage and leave them out in the hall the night before and then we will need to get off the ship and get our luggage and go back thru security.  When I questioned her about this...she put me on hold and after 5 mins came back and said that we don't need to put our luggage outside the room the night before but on the morning of departure (first cruise) we would need to call down to Guest Services to have someone come move them to the new room but we would still need to get off the ship and go back thru security.

I'm so confused now!!!!  What is the right way?

Please help!  Never done a B2B before!

You can contact whoever booked your cruise and have the cruises linked as a B2B.  However, I suggest you also visit Guest Services midway through the first cruise and confirm you are on the consecutive cruise list.

With regard to chaning staterooms, the normal procedure is to pack up everything that is not hanging. The stateroom attendants will take your bags and hanging items to the new stateroom.  Confirm this with both stateroom attendants.

If you are changing over in a US port, then you would normally have to get off the ship briefly, show ID documents to govt. agents, and get back on.

The ship will know based on your reservations. Not a bad idea to go to GS when your on the ship just to verify. 

We've never changed cabins on B2B cruises but what others have posted here is you pack up all your personal belongings and leave the suitcases in the cabin. The cabin attendant will move your suitcase and you clothes hanging in the closet to your new cabin. You do not leave anything in the hallway the night before. 

3 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

I booked it on the phone thru RC.  The first cruise is with a group booking because we are getting married on it.

The second was booked thru the regular RC number.

Thanks for the info.

So I guess the operator gave me wrong info?

Yes that person did. Another thing a day or two prior to TAD you will receive an invite to a B2B/consecutive cruisers meeting. I recommend you attend. Also you will receive in your stateroom a detailed letter outlining the TAD process. Where to meet. Time to meet. What to bring with you. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Yes that person did. Another thing a day or two prior to TAD you will receive an invite to a B2B/consecutive cruisers meeting. I recommend you attend. Also you will receive in your stateroom a detailed letter outlining the TAD process. Where to meet. Time to meet. What to bring with you. 

the first cruise is only a 4-day...so I should get that letter the 3rd or 4th day?...and if I don't I should go down to GS and ask about it?

2 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

the first cruise is only a 4-day...so I should get that letter the 3rd or 4th day?...and if I don't I should go down to GS and ask about it?

You only get that letter if they know you are a consecutive cruiser.  That's why I'd go see GS on day 2 and confirm.

3 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

If you verify at Guest Services on the first or second day that they have you on the consecutive cruisers list, you should be fine.  On a 4 night, expect the letter on the 2nd or 3rd day.  (I haven't done 4 night + B2B in a long time).  Do not expect a meeting.

Your new cabin steward will move your stuff.  I am so sorry that the first person on the phone gave you SUCH incorrect information.  Sad, just sad.  Imagine if you hadn't come to Cruise Critic, and instead followed that person's instructions!  What a mess.

7 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

Correct. But you will get the letter. RC does a good job with consecutive cruisers on TAD. Relax and enjoy. Something I do just as a CYA is I print the Set Sail Passes for both legs. Never needed the second one. 

Edited by davekathy

15 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You can contact whoever booked your cruise and have the cruises linked as a B2B.  However, I suggest you also visit Guest Services midway through the first cruise and confirm you are on the consecutive cruise list.

With regard to chaning staterooms, the normal procedure is to pack up everything that is not hanging. The stateroom attendants will take your bags and hanging items to the new stateroom.  Confirm this with both stateroom attendants.

If you are changing over in a US port, then you would normally have to get off the ship briefly, show ID documents to govt. agents, and get back on.

In Cape Liberty, we are now staying on the ship and the immigration officers are coming to us.  It's lovely.

15 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

I booked it on the phone thru RC.  The first cruise is with a group booking because we are getting married on it.

The second was booked thru the regular RC number.

Thanks for the info.

So I guess the operator gave me wrong info?

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

If you verify at Guest Services on the first or second day that they have you on the consecutive cruisers list, you should be fine.  On a 4 night, expect the letter on the 2nd or 3rd day.  (I haven't done 4 night + B2B in a long time).  Do not expect a meeting.

Your new cabin steward will move your stuff.  I am so sorry that the first person on the phone gave you SUCH incorrect information.  Sad, just sad.  Imagine if you hadn't come to Cruise Critic, and instead followed that person's instructions!  What a mess.

This is the part that is SO frustrating with RCI's customer service.

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

In Cape Liberty, we are now staying on the ship and the immigration officers are coming to us.  It's lovely.

We were able to do that at Tampa, but only once.  I think it depends on the mood of the immigration officers.

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

In Cape Liberty, we are now staying on the ship and the immigration officers are coming to us.  

I wonder if that depends on the size of the B2B crowd. Nice that you made it to Antigua.

Edited by Biker19

Just now, Biker19 said:

I wonder if that depends on the size of the B2B crowd.

Must be other factors too. 

We've done B2Bs with over 150 B2B guests on Adventure at San Juan, and most times they had us get off and once they come up to the Star Lounge and we didn't get off.

We've also done a number of B2Bs on Monarch were there were only 3 -5 of us and only once did they let us stay on.

20 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Must be other factors too. 

We've done B2Bs with over 150 B2B guests on Adventure at San Juan, and most times they had us get off and once they come up to the Star Lounge and we didn't get off.

We've also done a number of B2Bs on Monarch were there were only 3 -5 of us and only once did they let us stay on.

When they have you get off, do you have to leave with everyone else and go back thru security?

2 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

When they have you get off, do you have to leave with everyone else and go back thru security?

You never go through security as part of the B2B changeover.  You are within security the entire time, unless you opt to leave the cruise terminal for some reason.

Just now, thjeepster said:

You'll go through with other B2Bers, after everyone else as left.  M_M mentioned staying on the ship, this seems ideal.  For me (in Miami) it was off the ship, down to the facial rec scanners and right back on.  We were off the ship for about 20 minutes.

17 minutes ago, Jarmo said:

You'll go through with other B2Bers, after everyone else as left.  M_M mentioned staying on the ship, this seems ideal.  For me (in Miami) it was off the ship, down to the facial rec scanners and right back on.  We were off the ship for about 20 minutes.

We will be in Ft. Lauderdale so I don't know what they make you do.  I hope it's quick....as long as they don't make us go back in line for security (like the RC operators stated)!