Help me pick a specialty restaurant on Sunshine

jeditden

What Specialty Restaurant Should I Book?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Help me Choose

• Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse
    • Cucina del Capitano
    • Ji Ji Asian Kitchen
    • Sushi Bar
    • Save the $$$, they're all Meh. Buy her all the candy in the candy store!!!

Taking my girlfriend on her first cruise.  Only planning to do one specialty restaurant night, so she can have the traditional main dining room experience with the sing along's, and familiar wait staff, etc.  I haven't been on Carnival in a while and never tried any of their offerings.  Was leaning towards Ji Ji as it seemed different than what would most likely be served in the main dining room.  But I'm open to advice and being swayed... 

Edited by jeditden

I personally would recommend Cucina del Capitano. The food was delicious and you get plenty of it! And at only $15 a person, it was my opinion, quite a bargain considering we've paid more than double that for a similar meal locally.

Jiji's and Cucina @ 15.00 is a much better value, IMHO than the 38.00 for the Steakhouse.  You could do a night in each and still have money left over.

Would recommend  the tomahawk pork chop at Cucina.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1

Sadly all are not as good on the sunshine as on many of their other ships, but the correct way to go if you're doing just one is the steakhouse.  I don't think this decision should be about "value", it should be about romance and impressing your love interest. Step it up and take her to the chef's table. Girl dont want no scrub. 

Edited by Happicruzrr

Jiji is nice you can dress up in the restaurant.

By the last night of cruising jiji was fully booked when everyone started to talk about it . It's a new restaurant so many kept going to what they knew until they heard others review on JiJi. 

I say do Cucino and Jiji they are very well priced .

I purposely did jiji twice on my 8 day cruise we ate the first night and the last night hahaha. 

Yeah, money isn't the issue.  Right now I'm actually wait listed for traditional dining.  If we end up stuck with your time dining, I may take the advice here and book two nights in specialty restaurants.  Travel agent said since I want the 8:15pm time, my request will most likely go thru, as that's the less popular choice and more people would take your time dining.  We'll see.  

15 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Steakhouse. Absolutely. 

Totally agree. Out of all the cruises we have been on Carnival blows away all others for the steak. We always get the Filet minion. Big and juicy and super tender. They give you so much, there is a good chance you will not be able to eat it all. My wife always takes the cheese cake up to the room for another day. Service is always excellent and wait time is not bad at all. Remember this. The first evening and sometimes the second a free bottle of wine or 15% off of your choice.

• Like 1

They still do the free bottle of wine? I might.hsve to visit I thought they would have stopped doing that since they changed so much on their ships lately.

On 1/25/2020 at 1:50 PM, twodaywonder said:

Totally agree. Out of all the cruises we have been on Carnival blows away all others for the steak. We always get the Filet minion. Big and juicy and super tender. They give you so much, there is a good chance you will not be able to eat it all. My wife always takes the cheese cake up to the room for another day. Service is always excellent and wait time is not bad at all. Remember this. The first evening and sometimes the second a free bottle of wine or 15% off of your choice.

Price may have increased a bit. I have no noticed it. My cruises with Carnival average $75 to $85 a day per person for an OV cabin not including tax and port charges. Last one was Halloween on the Magic. That was $63.00 per day 8 day cruise with $175.00 OBC plus my $100.00 OBC stock credit. Plus Tax and Port charges. I think we paid $38.00 each at the steak house. Includes the gratuity. Not bad at all considering you also get the bottle of wine. Well worth it. The steak is always excellent so is the service and the portions are big. Wife always takes the desert to the room. To much for her. The discount that was offered was 15% We chose the red wine which was just fine for us.

Here it is about the wine.

Who wouldn’t want a complimentary bottle of wine at one of the best restaurants on land or sea? That’s what you’ll get if you make your reservation on the first or second night of your trip. You’ll have your choice of house wine or a discount on a premium bottle. Either way, the Steakhouse sommelier will help you select the perfect pairing to your entrée.

• Like 1

Oh I should probably choose steakhouse for the extra wine to have hahah.

32 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Price may have increased a bit. I have no noticed it. My cruises with Carnival average $75 to $85 a day per person for an OV cabin not including tax and port charges. Last one was Halloween on the Magic. That was $63.00 per day 8 day cruise with $175.00 OBC plus my $100.00 OBC stock credit. Plus Tax and Port charges. I think we paid $38.00 each at the steak house. Includes the gratuity. Not bad at all considering you also get the bottle of wine. Well worth it. The steak is always excellent so is the service and the portions are big. Wife always takes the desert to the room. To much for her. The discount that was offered was 15% We chose the red wine which was just fine for us.

Here it is about the wine.

Who wouldn’t want a complimentary bottle of wine at one of the best restaurants on land or sea? That’s what you’ll get if you make your reservation on the first or second night of your trip. You’ll have your choice of house wine or a discount on a premium bottle. Either way, the Steakhouse sommelier will help you select the perfect pairing to your entrée.

I haven't lol . 

I'm trying to do more carnival fun squad things and enjoy what they have to offer I'm usually about the ports but I'm trying to enjoy more of their restaurants now. 

7 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

If you have not had a steak on a Carnal ship. You are really missing a fabulous opportunity.