Are multi chargers allowed on Royal ships?

I am sailing on the Anthem soon, and would like to know if I can bring this item. I don’t want it to be confiscated. I am speaking about an iHome device which plugs into an outlet and has 4 USB slots to charge devices. I apologize in advance, as Iam sure this has been asked before, but I apparently have poor search skills. I appreciate any advice you can give me.

5 minutes ago, Hootie&Pokey said:

I am sailing on the Anthem soon, and would like to know if I can bring this item. I don’t want it to be confiscated. I am speaking about an iHome device which plugs into an outlet and has 4 USB slots to charge devices. I apologize in advance, as Iam sure this has been asked before, but I apparently have poor search skills. I appreciate any advice you can give me.

Should not be a problem as long as it is not surge protected.

1 minute ago, Hootie&Pokey said:

It doesn’t appear to have any surge protector features. It’s just called an iHome MultiHub.

Thanks!

Another good sign is if it has only two prongs, i.e., no ground prong.

4 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

This is the one I use.  I have a lot of things to charge.  

The white one could be confiscated.    When the security people see a unit with additional AC outlets, they sometimes take it without really checking if it has a surge function.

I have one with a 2 prong corded AC plug, and 5 USB ports.  Have taken it for years.  Now with USB-C chargers becoming more common, I am going to have to upgrade and get one of those soon.  Currently, I have the Apple original for my wife’s Ipad and my Mac Book Pro.

jc

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The white one could be confiscated.    When the security people see a unit with additional AC outlets, they sometimes take it without really checking if it has a surge function.

3 cruises never an issue. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I think if you pack it in your carry-on (in my case backpack with electronics) they are not as likely to check it as they do in checked luggage.  Just my guess.

jc

That’s where mine goes.   With all my camera and video and drone gear.  

7B475D7A-0EFD-47CB-8FDA-43AFC8DF95F0.jpeg

AF80C32E-BFEC-46B1-86C7-A066824E4465.jpeg

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

doesn't draw attention from TSA.

When flying to LA for my last cruise the TSA at my home airport pulled me aside to look in my bag (where the charger was).  They peeked in, saw a deck of cards (which is about the same size), swabbed the cards and sent me on my way when it was negative.  The funny part was - the cards were acquired in the secure area of an airport and were unopened.

I have since flown with something MUCH more likely to draw suspicion (an external hard drive with a metal case and a keypad to unlock it) and they didn't even give it a second look, possibly because I was up front with them and asked how they wanted to process it while I explained what it was.