Princess Internet Packages

abbysmaid

We are sailing on the Sky Princess on May 6. Wondering if anyone knows how much more the internet packages are if we purchase on the first day of the cruise vs. purchasing pre-cruise. I'd like to use some on-board credit $$$'s that we will have, and if I purchase the package pre-cruise I'll need to pay with my credit card.

Thanks in advance!

I’m not sure what your level is, but if you’re Platinum or Elite, you’ll save money by waiting to book unlimited internet until you’re onboard. You’ll still have your “free” minutes if you don’t opt to go with the unlimited plan.

• Like 1

Just got off the Sky last month.  Both the Coral P and Sky P. internet managers said for those with the Platinum/Elite minutes that buying on the ship was best.  You did get a discount for using your Platinum/Elite minutes.  The 4 device unlimited package on the 7 day Sky P. was $104.99 buying on board with P/E minutes.

Edited by coo359a2

There have been several MedallionNet threads where this is explained, but I will post my tables again here.  For the best pricing, those who do not have Platinum/Elite status should take the pre-cruise offer in the Personalizer and those who do have status need to wait until on-board Day 1 in order to get 25% off the on-board price.  It doesn't get you anywhere hear 25% off the pre-cruise price, but it is still a savings.  If you want to spend OBC and willing to spend extra, then by all means wait (no status folks).

Here is the table for Single Device packages:

CRUISE LENGTH PRE_CRUISE PERSONALIZER ON BOARD PRICE (Day 1)
(nights) List Price Member Discount On Board Price Member Discount Price
<7 $45 n/a $55 $41.25
7 $60 n/a $70 $52.50
8 $70 n/a $75 $56.25
9 $70 n/a $80 $60.00
10 $70 n/a $85 $63.75
11 $75 n/a $90 $67.50
12 $75 n/a $100 $75.00
14 $100 n/a $120 $90.00
15 - 30 $130 n/a $150 $112.50
31+ $180 n/a $200 $150.00

Here is the table for 4-Device Packages (note that for Platinum/Elite, one of these packages is same cost as TWO single-device packages):

CRUISE LENGTH PRE_CRUISE PERSONALIZER ON BOARD PRICE (Day 1)
(nights) List Price Member Discount On Board Price Member Discount Price
<7 $15/day n/a $110 $82.50
7 $105 n/a $140 $105.00
8 $120 n/a $150 $112.50
9 $135 n/a $160 $120.00
10 $150 n/a $170 $127.50
11 $165 n/a $180 $135.00
12 $180 n/a $200 $150.00
14 $195 n/a $240 $180.00
15 - 30   n/a $300 $225.00
31+ $10/day n/a $400 $300.00
Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

Many people have posted that you can save a significant amount by waiting until the second day of the cruise and then buy onboard.  You can buy at any time while on board...rates are prorated accordingly.  So, if you can "hold out" the first night you may very well gain back what you would have to pay over pre-cruise dollar amount by waiting.  I think it's a real shame that they don't allow internet packages to be pre-purchased with OBC!

This post made me curious about the cost of wifi on my upcoming cruise, and when I couldn't see the packages for sale online in my cruise planner, I gave Princess a call.  I learned that for this Japan cruise on Diamond Princess, they charge a whopping US$25 a day for internet.  Apparently you can't just buy  minutes, and that wonderful medallionnet we had in Europe last year doesn't apply.   I am planning to rent a mobile wifi device for about $5 a day for my whole trip to Japan, so I will be restricting my internet use to when I am in port. 

On 2/1/2020 at 9:07 PM, notentirelynormal said:

Steeler36: I don't see a price for MY category (figures, right).  What is the price for 4 devices for a 26 day cruise or is that particular cruise one where you can't buy in advance?  Our cruise can be booked as 10 plus a 16 or the 26 that we booked.

If this is for the Pacific Princess in November '20, you may want to check.  I can find nothing indicating that MedallionNet internet is available on that ship.  And definitely no medallions.

9 hours ago, trinitygirl said:

This post made me curious about the cost of wifi on my upcoming cruise, and when I couldn't see the packages for sale online in my cruise planner, I gave Princess a call.  I learned that for this Japan cruise on Diamond Princess, they charge a whopping US$25 a day for internet.  Apparently you can't just buy  minutes, and that wonderful medallionnet we had in Europe last year doesn't apply.   I am planning to rent a mobile wifi device for about $5 a day for my whole trip to Japan, so I will be restricting my internet use to when I am in port. 

The rep is quoting you what is currently shown in the Personalizer.

Once on board, packages should be available. So I suggest do not book daily rates in advance of boarding.

In fact, nothing is showing in the personaliser, that's why i called.  Apparently it’s not possible to pre-pay internet on diamond princess.  She also said that the minutes-based packages I have bought on golden princess before, are not available on Diamond Princess.  She said you can buy seperate days, its not like medallion net where you are covered for the whole cruise.  I haven’t been able to learn if they ever offer a discount on the $25 per day price.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:07 PM, notentirelynormal said:

Steelers36: I don't see a price for MY category (figures, right).  What is the price for 4 devices for a 26 day cruise or is that particular cruise one where you can't buy in advance?  Our cruise can be booked as 10 plus a 16 or the 26 that we booked.

Your cruise is covered.  It falls in the range of 15 - 30.  Many reports here indicate when you book a combined cruise as you have that the Cruise Personalizer only offers the 4-device plan as it is offered pre-cruise with a "by the day" price.  The single-device plans are offered at a "by the voyage" price.  When you have a combined voyage booked, their system doesn't know how to offer you a single-device price.  When you get on board, connect to ship Wifi and then check the offer.  You should have a single-device offer that fits the total length of your cruise.  Otherwise, inquire at the Internet Cafe.  (You don't have to pay the 10-day price PLUS the 16-day price).

ETA:  Sorry, I mis-read your post.  I am not sure what the 15 - 30 pre-cruise pricing is for 4 devices in the Personalizer.  You might login and post it here.  I believe it will be less than the standard $15/day.  But it might not be as low as $10/day.  That is a gap in the pricing information that I have at hand from Princess.  $15/day doesn't off-base for a 15-night cruise, but rather harsh for a 30-night cruise, so I am thinking there is some sort of change in pricing in there somewhere.  If indeed your Personalizer is quoting $15/day, then don't book it now of course.

Edited by Steelers36

15 hours ago, thinfool said:

If this is for the Pacific Princess in November '20, you may want to check.  I can find nothing indicating that MedallionNet internet is available on that ship.  And definitely no medallions.

Just came off the Pacific Princess a couple of weeks ago.  Medallion Net is NOT available on this ship and there appears to be NO plans for it to be added (according to the Internet Mgr on board).