10 Year Old Coffee Card

rachel_95762

12 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

So how were they issued in the past?  Did one buy them like they buy a coffee package today?  I don't understand how some people mass more than 1-2?  I would think you'd use them prior to acquiring any new ones.  Unless they were given out via elite benefits and are leftovers?

Simply because they were offered for pennies on the dollar on eBay just before the Aug expiration date. 

Of course at that time people didn't realize that they would extend the date.....at least on a few ships. 

17 hours ago, pms4104 said:

So nothing's really changed ... seems they're good forever, or at least while Princess exists?

I think it is on a ship by ship basis.  Not sure who makes the decision but read on here that they are being refused on some ships.  I can't imagine they will take them indefinitely.  I do not have the beverage package on my September cruise.... will report back later to see if they take them or not.  If not, they will get no argument from me ... and if they do, yooohooo!  

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Simply because they were offered for pennies on the dollar on eBay just before the Aug expiration date. 

Of course at that time people didn't realize that they would extend the date.....at least on a few ships. 

It was my good fortune that they allowed me to use one on my last cruise.  I tried to give them away to my friends via FB but no takers.  I was considering just taking the train over to SF and just give them away to a stranger at the pier but, never had a reason to go over that way prior to their expiration date.  Didn't relish spending $20 to get there and back just to give away a card with $20 worth of punches left on it.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BIG TIME CRUISER said:

Does anyone have any experience on the Crown Princess using the old cards?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The program is long over.

I had quite a few unused cards that I just never used and accepted the fact that they are no good anymore.

You are on a cruise that costs thousands of dollars and you are groveling for a few free coffees.

Bite the bullet and buy a new package.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

The program is long over.

I had quite a few unused cards that I just never used and accepted the fact that they are no good anymore.

You are on a cruise that costs thousands of dollars and you are groveling for a few free coffees.

Bite the bullet and buy a new package.

If they'll still accept the old cards I don't see any reason why not using them.

• Like 1

Just to update everyone, I’m On the Royal now and the Passenger Service Desk gave me $36.58 Goodwill Credit to my shipboard account.  My cards were ten years old but they were purchased not given as an elite benefit.  I’m happy.

Edited by rachel_95762
Clarity
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rachel_95762 said:

Just to update everyone, I’m On the Royal now and the Passenger Service Desk gave me $36.58 Goodwill Credit to my shipboard account.  My cards were ten years old but they were purchased not given as an elite benefit.  I’m happy.

Way to go ! Glad they did something positive for a change.

How would they have known if you received them as Elite of bought them for cash?

21 hours ago, rachel_95762 said:

Nice!!  We will be on the Royal soon as well ... will be sure to take my old cards and see if we can do the same.  We have the beverage package on all upcoming sailings with Princess, so would love if we could just get credit for ours as well ... before they decide to change their minds.  

On 2/17/2020 at 8:50 PM, rachel_95762 said:

I suspect the coffee credit is now being given due to all the complaints received form the past passengers. I'm glad to hear their finally realizing that their move to just end the old program last Aug wasn't in their best interest.

I can only wonder how long they continue this goodwill refund.

On 1/30/2020 at 9:05 PM, Mike45LC said:

The new Coffee Packages are electronic only, without a physical card, and these expire at the end of the cruise (leaving aside issues such as back-to-back).  

Do you have any information on how many you have to pre-purchase? The website has nothing as far as I can tell. I've never used a full card of punches on a cruise, so I liked being able to transfer them. There's no point in me paying for 15 of them if I'm only going to use 3.

The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

I will bring my unused punches on our next cruise and expect to be turned down, but it never hurts to try. 

6 hours ago, lescas said:

We are on the regal now we have five old cards, asked the first day,  said yes they would punch once for every reg coffee plus specials.

just bring them with you and ask 😎

Since their regular coffee at the IC is no better than what you can get at the buffet why waste a punch?