Booking on the ship?

Redtravel

13 hours ago, GICNJC said:

In December it was US$300 future ship board credit, plus lowest future price guarantee. We booked two future cruises.

Plus reduced deposit of $350pp. $300  OBC could be used on the current cruise or future cruise. We booked one. The promo was too good to pass up.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

$300  OBC could be used on the current cruise or future cruise.

Where do you see $300 OBC - all I see is $100 OBC.

There is variable amount of savings on future cruises when booking on board depending on category booked and the length of the cruise. 

12 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

There is variable amount of savings on future cruises when booking on board depending on category booked and the length of the cruise. 

We were on Sirena this past December and the offer was $300 OBC for the current or future cruise. We were told that this was a limited time offer.

13 minutes ago, Classiccruiser777 said:

We were on Sirena this past December and the offer was $300 OBC for the current or future cruise. We were told that this was a limited time offer.

Thank you for that explanation. It seems that it was “special” offer as the document above in post #3 as well as all of our prior experiences with OBC for booking onboard were always only $100.

This OBC would be reclaimed by Oceania if the future cruise was not actually booked subsequently.

Edited by Paulchili

25 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

It's on my certificate and final statement. The offer was heavily promoted aboard Marina in December. The Club Ambassador told me that the promo was to continue until mid-February. Perhaps the promotion was too successful and discontinued early. 

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Thank you for that explanation. It seems that it was “special” offer as the document above in post #3 as well as all of our prior experiences with OBC for booking onboard were always only $100.

This OBC would be reclaimed by Oceania if the future cruise was not actually booked subsequently.

We just got off Sirena and the promo was still going.

This $300 offer is currently good until the end of February.  The onboard ambassador hinted that it might go on after that, but the current expire date was February 28th.

For me the best part was that you could push off the $300  until you take the future cruise. So really no downside to booking onboard as you won't owe that shipboard credit if you cancel.  

Edited by KS&JW
  • Like 2