Port times for P&O

Cruising _Newbie

43 minutes ago, Cruising _Newbie said:

What time do you need to be back on board the ship when at port?  I am looking at doing a couple of self guided excursions but not sure what time to aim at getting back for to be safe.  

Have a look at some of the tours provided by P&O and find out which takes the longest time. If what you are hoping to do takes longer, it may be an idea to rethink. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Depends which port? 

Many sailings seem to be tea time ish, but Bergen, for instance, is often around 2pm if last stop before heading home. 

Port authorities should have a published schedule. 

Andy 

Ah thanks, worth knowing, i might do a couple of choices and decide on board when we find out exact times.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Have a look at some of the tours provided by P&O and find out which takes the longest time. If what you are hoping to do takes longer, it may be an idea to rethink. 

Great idea, thank you!  i've started to list them all and get start and end times so that should be fairly easy to do now.

The whatsinport and cruisemapper websites give the actual anticipated port times.

Just as an aside.  We are onboard now and note that Horizon and the captain’s announcements no longer say, eg, all on board @ 5.30; sail at 6 but now say departure at 6; all on board in good time.

I wonder if that actually helps get the stragglers back?  Something about the psychology of imposing deadlines?  Minor point but it got us wondering

• Like 2

Many sailings now have the port times displayed if you search for the cruise as if you are going to book. (not on cruise personaliser for one you have booked) Browse the itinerary and for each port select 'Learn more' as in the following example 

image.png.4a25e4cabbe3c4e91978418b7d8f5829.png

image.png.893128300ac74284c60bde87615b8935.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddie11 said:

The whatsinport and cruisemapper websites give the actual anticipated port times.

Just as an aside.  We are onboard now and note that Horizon and the captain’s announcements no longer say, eg, all on board @ 5.30; sail at 6 but now say departure at 6; all on board in good time.

I wonder if that actually helps get the stragglers back?  Something about the psychology of imposing deadlines?  Minor point but it got us wondering

Interesting change.  I think that the earlier deadline is useful when you see how many pier runners there are already. This might mean more, obviously only time will tell.

• Like 1