Upgrade from Classic to Premium drink package?

louieboy

We have the Classic drink package as one of our free perks on our upcoming Equinox cruise and are wondering if it is cheaper to upgrade to the Premium Drink package.  In the evening we like to have a Martini (or two) or maybe a Jack Daniels and coke.  Would it be cheaper to pay the upcharge difference on these drinks than pay for the daily upgrade to the Premium?  Just wondering what the upcharge would be.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  

14 minutes ago, louieboy said:

We have the Classic drink package as one of our free perks on our upcoming Equinox cruise and are wondering if it is cheaper to upgrade to the Premium Drink package.  In the evening we like to have a Martini (or two) or maybe a Jack Daniels and coke.  Would it be cheaper to pay the upcharge difference on these drinks than pay for the daily upgrade to the Premium?  Just wondering what the upcharge would be.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  

Most of us do have experience one way or the other with this.

'Cheaper' is dependent on how much you intend to imbibe above the 'Classic' package and as such, we cannot know if it will be cheaper or not.

I presume you know that the charge for upgrade from Classic to Premium will be $12.00/day pp including Service Charge.

This upgrade will cover drinks up to $15.00 as opposed to $9.00 for Classic.

As for the other 'benefits' of CBP vs PBP please check out X's website here.

Also, there are a few threads in this sub-forum covering the two (2) packages and benefits or the lack thereof.

You can just board with your included package and try it for a few days to determine if it is sufficient for your desires or up-grade after a few days etc..

I Am sure there will be others who will cover items not covered by me on this timeless topic.

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, louieboy said:

Regular Martini's are included under the classic package and even though not technically shown I've gotten Jack and Coke but Jim and coke would be the norm (honestly I cant tell the difference once coke is added).  The large specialty martinis served at the martini bar are over the $9 limit. Most are around $12 so you would pay $3.60 if you wanted one.

Edited by TFLG
  • Thanks 1

thank you for your speedy responses.  That's good news about a Jack and Coke being included in the classic package.  According to the website, Jack Daniels is listed on the Premium but not the Classic package.  

6 minutes ago, louieboy said:

thank you for your speedy responses.  That's good news about a Jack and Coke being included in the classic package.  According to the website, Jack Daniels is listed on the Premium but not the Classic package.  

If Jack Daniels isn't included in the classic package, it would depend upon the bartender whether you'd be upcharged for the Jack and Coke.  Some may let it slide, but some may not.

Edited by hiccups

Personally, I'd just upgrade and forget about it.  I'ts pretty easy to go over the Classic price point and with the Premium, you just don't really have to worry about it.

I will add that we are embarking on the Infinity for a short 5 night cruise in April.  We booked an amazing deal "on the cheap" on an OV stateroom.  It came with the Classic package and a very small OBC.  Our first move upon embarkation will be to upgrade the package.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Most of us do have experience one way or the other with this.

'Cheaper' is dependent on how much you intend to imbibe above the 'Classic' package and as such, we cannot know if it will be cheaper or not.

I presume you know that the charge for upgrade from Classic to Premium will be $12.00/day pp including Service Charge.

This upgrade will cover drinks up to $15.00 as opposed to $9.00 for Classic.

As for the other 'benefits' of CBP vs PBP please check out X's website here.

Also, there are a few threads in this sub-forum covering the two (2) packages and benefits or the lack thereof.

You can just board with your included package and try it for a few days to determine if it is sufficient for your desires or up-grade after a few days etc..

I Am sure there will be others who will cover items not covered by me on this timeless topic.

Cheers and bon voyage

Bo's response nailed it!

• Thanks 1

i look at it this way overall, I try to get as many charges out of the way  before i cruise.  I usually wait for a sale on the upgrade and then upgrade it, usually find a sale somewhere.  Figure i already spent a cpl grand min for the cruise, i usually only do 10 plus day ones.  I watched my costs last cruise and i pretty much went over it many a days for the upgrade to premium, from drinks to waters and the Spa Cafe juices.   I enjoy the martini bar, WCB along with the wines I like by glass are in premium section.   Plus I dont like slips of paper to keep track of.  But like Bo said, go on board and see what you can do for the first couple of days to see if it meets your needs, if not upgrade and its only charged for the days left in the cruise 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, louieboy said:

To be CLEARER, Jack & Coke is NOT included in Classic ONLY Premium.

t received Jack & Coke at no additional 'up-charge', YMMV and be charged.

A few of the bars will have a list of which liquors are included in which package so you know before ordering OR the bartender/server will let you know. As well, check out X's website as a list is there concerning which is in which package.

Cheers and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Like 1

OK, hopping on. I just upgraded from 1 perk to 4 perks, thinking that the Classic Drink package would include my soft drinks (which is about all I drink). But it appears that this package doesn't include diet coke etc? Funny! The PDF on the website wasn't responding, so I couldn't tell.

So, to confirm, no soft drinks on the classic drinks package?

6 minutes ago, GRBlizz said:

OK, hopping on. I just upgraded from 1 perk to 4 perks, thinking that the Classic Drink package would include my soft drinks (which is about all I drink). But it appears that this package doesn't include diet coke etc? Funny! The PDF on the website wasn't responding, so I couldn't tell.

So, to confirm, no soft drinks on the classic drinks package?

Classic package DOES include soft drinks.   Also all of the non-alcoholic and some of the alcoholic beverages in Cafe Boccio.  And Bottle water.

In October some bars charged an extra $1.20 for Jack and coke,  and some did not.   

Just now, micheleata said:

Classic package DOES include soft drinks.   Also all of the non-alcoholic and some of the alcoholic beverages in Cafe Boccio.  And Bottle water.

In October some bars charged an extra $1.20 for Jack and coke,  and some did not.   

Oh, good, thank you!