Shareholder Benefit - Impressed

Phxazzcruisers

I am very impressed with the Shareholder benefit people.  I have a b2b2b cruise booked for this year and completed the form on line to request the OBC.

I just received notice 4 working days later that they credits were all posted to our invoice and received email copies of said invoices with credits showing. Bravo RCCL Shareholder benefits group !!!!

Just another reason we are so very loyal to Celebrity and Azamara Cruises

• Like 2

I've been happy to see the shareholder benefit restored on our last two cruises. This is in contrast to the internet minutes for Discoverer + being cut from 240 to 120. (It's still 240 on Celebrity.)

The lesson: as in the rest of life, nothing stays the same.  The only constant is change. 

• Like 1

The benefits are the same on all lines.  Correct?  

You need 100 shares (currently priced at 118.07 per share) and you get $250 on sailings 14 days or more and $100 on sailings 6 to 13 nights.  I think the stock is pretty stable and I plan on investing.  The stock may actually be undervalued at $118.  I'll move $11.8K from my portfolio to RCL.  Seems like a decent deal with stable stock.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MNBluffBuffs said:

Does anyone know if they will honor this on top of other promotions?

Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with interline rates, travel agent rates, and employee friends and family rates. Benefit cannot be redeemed for chartered sailings, any Galapagos sailings or complimentary sailings.

Shareholder benefit offer applies to bookings made on or after June 1, 2019. Onboard credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy, one shareholder credit per stateroom, and one credit per shareholder per sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom booked must be held. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare receive full onboard credit value. Onboard credit may not be used for onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. Any unused credit after the final night of the sailing shall be forfeited and is not redeemable for cash. Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Benefit is not combinable with interline rates, travel agent rates, and employee friends and family rates. Benefit cannot be redeemed for chartered sailings or complimentary sailings. Taxes, fees and port expenses are additional and apply to all guests. The shareholder must own the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. stock at time of sailing. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars except on sailings where the onboard currency used is a foreign currency (in which case the onboard credit will be converted at a currency exchange rate determined by the cruise line). Onboard credit amount is credited to shareholder’s stateroom folio at time of sailing. Other terms and conditions may apply. Prices and offers are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Azamara reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

Edited by hubofhockey

12 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

I am very impressed with the Shareholder benefit people.  I have a b2b2b cruise booked for this year and completed the form on line to request the OBC.

I just received notice 4 working days later that they credits were all posted to our invoice and received email copies of said invoices with credits showing. Bravo RCCL Shareholder benefits group !!!!

Just another reason we are so very loyal to Celebrity and Azamara Cruises

Thank you for the lovely post. I’m so happy you received the benefit on all 3 of your voyages. Have a great cruise, and thank you for your loyalty 😍

My broker told me to wait before my cruise before buying RCL.  The stock has lost 10% of its value in the last 25 days, so that's probably good conservative advice.  I don't believe this has much to do with RCL as much as the sector when Carnival took a beating on a Coronavirus scare.  

Edited by hubofhockey

3 hours ago, MNBluffBuffs said:

Does anyone know if they will honor this on top of other promotions?

The shareholder benefit used to be combinable. (I started sailing with Azamara in 2008). Then they decided it was not combinable.  Within the last year it changed again and IS combinable.

Many of us bought the stock when it was below 25 dollars a share and we've had a great return on our investment. On our first Azamara cruise, we got $250 OBC on a $2,500 investment. And we did that on multiple cruises.  Then the stock went through the roof.

Buying the stock now sounds like a bad idea if your only objective is to get a $250 OBC.

45 minutes ago, tgg said:

The shareholder benefit used to be combinable. (I started sailing with Azamara in 2008). Then they decided it was not combinable.  Within the last year it changed again and IS combinable.

Many of us bought the stock when it was below 25 dollars a share and we've had a great return on our investment. On our first Azamara cruise, we got $250 OBC on a $2,500 investment. And we did that on multiple cruises.  Then the stock went through the roof.

Buying the stock now sounds like a bad idea if your only objective is to get a $250 OBC.

We too purchased at $19!  Can't get rid of it now, not that I would want to!

Thanks for the update.

It is definitely combinable with all other offers.  Buying now is not necessarily a bad idea.  They pay a good dividend and have a lot of upside.  The cautionary note now is the Corona Virus.  That will have as it did today, a negative effect on the stock.  I bought it years ago and through the dividends and appreciation it has been a great add to my portfolio.  The return of the shareholders benefit just makes it all the better

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 1:18 PM, hubofhockey said:

My broker told me to wait before my cruise before buying RCL.  The stock has lost 10% of its value in the last 25 days, so that's probably good conservative advice.  I don't believe this has much to do with RCL as much as the sector when Carnival took a beating on a Coronavirus scare.  

My broker saved me $2,700 on his advice not to buy.  This thing is falling through the floor.  

Maybe I'll buy if it goes down below $80 per share.  

On 1/31/2020 at 3:13 PM, tgg said:

I agree that it would not be a good investment just for a one-time OBC.  But over the years, I have received about $600 more in OBC than I paid for the stock.  On top of that, I received dividends most years.  The next dividend is due March 5th and will be 2.94% on close to 3 times what I paid for it.  I wish all my investments had given me the ROI that RCL has.  

Investing in anything should take into account ALL returns you can reasonably expect to receive (price increase, dividends, perks when using the company's product, etc.) as well as a reasoned evaluation of the risks.  In the case of a cruise line stock, take into account how much cruising you intend to do in the next couple of years.  That adds real value to the equation.  Only you can decide if it is right for you.

Edited by bob278
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You were smart at $32.17.  I dumped mine at $72.50 today, so lost $300 and consider myself lucky.  I bought right before all of the shut downs and before we knew how bad COVID was.  Since then, RCL took on all of that debt and some is convertible.  The dividends won't be there.  As I type, it's at $68 and this stock is not for the feint of heart.  PHEW!

5 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

We bought at $26, so are feeling quite happy at present and now thinking about whether, and when, to sell! Our financial papers are recommending them as a share to buy, so we may hold on to them for quite a while.

Wow!  Great move.  I know yesterday's boom was related to the jobs report and more discretionary spending out there.   I think great companies will come out of this even greater.  I would have hung in there on my investment, but the $2 billion in debt on top of the $3 billion earlier after covid scared me into selling.  

I will hold onto the stock even though I think the stock market is in a bubble with irrational exuberance. Trying to time the market is a losing game. The stock is still 50 % below its 52 week high so long term, still has upside potential and a fun stock to hold for a few hundred shares.

• Like 1