Apex, Constellation or Edge in Carribean?

TT1992

Apex, (obviously, this is not sailing yet, but would you book in advance of reviews?) Constellation or Edge in Caribbean?

Any thoughts please?

Things I love,

thalassotherapy pool  (but I don't see this on any Celeb ships, am I wrong?)

frozen martini bar, (not a deal breaker as long as I have a martini bar tho!!!)

hot tubs

Good shows

Good food (willing to pay for a couple of nights at up charge restaurants)

Don't love

Over crowding

lots of kids

mega lines in buffet

I would vote for the Constellation.  I thought that the Martini Bar on the Edge (standing room only for us) and Eden were crowded in the evenings.  We never did find empty seats in Al Bacchio on the Edge so we gave up looking.  We are expresso and tea fans.

The Constellation is a smaller ship with less people on it.  I always choose the smaller ships with a more intimate experience.  Your luxury lines have even smaller ships.

Edited by NMTraveller

Unless its been changed, Constellation has the pool; it did in the solarium when it was last in the Caribbean.  There is also a martini bar, a great aft 'sunset' bar, hot tubs at both solarium and pools, and really good food.  I haven't sailed the new class yet (Apex booked for Nov) but have sailed 3 of the S-class ships many times, and I would love to sail on a great M class like the Constellation again; she is where I first caught my cruise bug!

I have all three booked in 2020.  The Constellation has the better itineraries but we do prefer E Class to M as there are many more Speciality Dining Options and E Class is not like any other Celebrity Cruise.

Edited by Oville

I prefer the smaller ships -  for some reason they don’t feel crowded. My husband no longer wants to drive to Port Everglades or Miami. Tampa is less than 90 minutes away for us. We really like the port of Tampa - easy on and off. I just booked the Constellation out of Tampa. Our last Celebrity Cruise was on the “Connie” and we had a wonderful time. We had Captain Tasos. I am so excited the “Connie” is coming to Tampa.

Our first cruise with Celebrity was on the Connie. We had a great time and also lucked in to a FV cabin. 

My picture is taken from our balcony.

Edited by HFX
add

1 hour ago, sunonfire said:

I prefer the smaller ships -  for some reason they don’t feel crowded. My husband no longer wants to drive to Port Everglades or Miami. Tampa is less than 90 minutes away for us. We really like the port of Tampa - easy on and off. I just booked the Constellation out of Tampa. Our last Celebrity Cruise was on the “Connie” and we had a wonderful time. We had Captain Tasos. I am so excited the “Connie” is coming to Tampa.

So what did you not like about the Edge?

34 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

What I don’t like about the Edge - she sails from Port Everglades. If she sailed from Port Canaveral then I would definitely sail her. Celebrity Cruises sailing from Port. Canaveral is still only a rumor - maybe one day.

Sorry but in the next two years.  Has Celebrity ever cruised from Port Canaveral?  

Haven't sailed on E-class ships yet, but were on the Constellation in November 2019 - it had the T-pool, and it was awesome!  We enjoyed it very much, and it did not feel crowded at all.

55 minutes ago, katiegirl1264 said:

loved most things about Edge - hoping a few tweaks will make apex even better.

Hopefully but still loved the Edge.  We were on the Silhouette in November and found it dark, will be on again in March and hope it’s lighter and brighter, Edge like.

Sounds like Apex will have a few changes.

7 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Constellation will be having a Dry Dock in May.

Millennium and Summit are the other M class ships which have already been upgraded. I would check first whether the Thalassotherapy poll is still on those ships.

Definitely still on the Millennium since the upgrade.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunonfire said:

No, they have not but there have been rumors Celebrity might come to Port Canaveral. 

She has been taken away from 2021 Singapore/Dubai sailings and moved to Florida sailings which I’m sure are going from Port Canaveral, so not a rumour.

11 hours ago, upwarduk said:

She has been taken away from 2021 Singapore/Dubai sailings and moved to Florida sailings which I’m sure are going from Port Canaveral, so not a rumour.

Celebrity Constellation will be sailing from TAMPA starting this November. I have her booked for November 2021.

13 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Celebrity will not be sailing from Port Canaveral.  The Connie will begin sailing from Tampa in November 2020.  I booked as soon as I read on CC for April 2021 as only a little over an hour from my home.