Amplified Allure of the Seas

Hoping for additional insight into the Amplified refurbishment of the Allure of the Seas from the more informed RCL cruisers.

i have read the brochure statements from RCL of what is included in the Amplified refurbishment, but I’m also interested if during this refurbishment RCL refreshes rooms carpets, gym, common areas,etc.

1) Does anyone have any additional insight into additional details?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Assume the same updates as Oasis. 

Thanks for the reply.  Did some additional research on Oasis, but didn’t find any reference to cabin updates except for additional suites.

What I’m looking for are references to cabin refurbishment, public area carpet, art work, etc upgrades.  

No cabin upgrades except for the balcony staterooms that are being transitioned into Spa Balconies in 2021. Those have new carpet, upholstery, curtains, and artwork. 

Hallway/stair carpets remained the same style, but are replaced as needed. They were not worn out. No new artwork either. The costs to completely update the hallways with the darker tones and navy carpet of the newer ships would be too expensive and result in little return. They'd rather spend the money on new slides that generate more interest and look great on their ads.

Most public venues had new carpet or finishes though. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

8 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

No cabin upgrades except for the balcony staterooms that are being transitioned into Spa Balconies in 2021. Those have new carpet, upholstery, curtains, and artwork. 

Hallway/stair carpets remained the same style, but are replaced as needed. They were not worn out. No new artwork either. The costs to completely update the hallways with the darker tones and navy carpet of the newer ships would be too expensive and result in little return. They'd rather spend the money on new slides that generate more interest and look great on their ads.

Most public venues had new carpet or finishes though. 

Thank you very much!

4 hours ago, BoomerangThree said:

Thanks for the reply.  Did some additional research on Oasis, but didn’t find any reference to cabin updates except for additional suites.

What I’m looking for are references to cabin refurbishment, public area carpet, art work, etc upgrades.  

20 minutes ago, Bradison said:

I see the lists of new restaurants but don't know what they replace.  Sabor and Samba are gone I assume?  Replaced by BBQ and sports bar?  What other food changes are there?

Sabor is replaced by Playmakers

Wipeout Cafe is replaced by el Loco Fresh

Samba is replaced by Solarium Bistro

Portside BBQ is new

Giovanni’s and Vintages are replaced by Giovanni’s Kitchen table and wine bar 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

7 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Portside BBQ is new

Thanks.  Not sure what to think as we really liked Sabor.  I am somewhat of a BBQ snob so my expectations are tepid on a RCI version.

24 minutes ago, Bradison said:

Thanks.  Not sure what to think as we really liked Sabor.  I am somewhat of a BBQ snob so my expectations are tepid on a RCI version.

We really enjoyed Portside. Nice meal that fed two for less than Johnny Rocket's. 

El Loco is pretty good, more basic food than Sabor, which I liked. Free was good as well.

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Portside BBQ is new

Plus they are deleting the Build -a- stuffie store and the donut pit stop. Sabor bar is gone to make room for the Abyss. 

We're on her for her crossing prior to her dry dock and then a B2B later on in the year to see her in a kind of 'pre & post' way!

Have cruised on her before, but alas she was the new girl on the block back then so it's going to be interesting in that sense too having sailed on Lady H last year.

8 minutes ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

We're on her for her crossing prior to her dry dock and then a B2B later on in the year to see her in a kind of 'pre & post' way!

Have cruised on her before, but alas she was the new girl on the block back then so it's going to be interesting in that sense too having sailed on Lady H last year.

We're on with you in March, plus will have done all 4 in a 4 month window. They are starting to all run together in my head. 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We're on with you in March, plus will have done all 4 in a 4 month window. They are starting to all run together in my head. 🤣

Incidentally, I've never done a crossing so early in the year - have you? and if so what was the weather like? I'm assuming that it'll be a little chillier than a usual eastbound crossing!