First timer to CoCo Cay

April 25th will be my second time cruising Royal Caribbean and my first time stopping at their private island.  I read on a blog that there could be upwards of 3 or 4 ships at port that day.  That doesn't seem like it is going to be a relaxing time on the beach to me.   Does it feel crowded?  Will it be hard to grab a beach chair/lounger on the beach and just chill while enjoying a good book and maybe a swim in the ocean?

So far, two has been the most there at one time, but RC has said that the facility, when fully built-out, is designed to have up to three ships.

I have been there with two ships and there was no crowding.

There are plenty of loungers and umbrellas, all at no charge, both at pools and on the beach.  There are several excellent places to get freshly cooked lunch and snacks.  You can have a great time without spending any extra money, or you can go all out and indulge in the amusements and specialty foods and drinks.

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

So far, two has been the most there at one time, but RC has said that the facility, when fully built-out, is designed to have up to three ships.

I have been there with two ships and there was no crowding.

There are plenty of loungers and umbrellas, all at no charge, both at pools and on the beach.  There are several excellent places to get freshly cooked lunch and snacks.  You can have a great time without spending any extra money, or you can go all out and indulge in the amusements and specialty foods and drinks.

I was concerned that the freebies were going to disappear. I'm glad to hear they are still there. Hopefully they will still be there after all the dust settles from construction.

3 hours ago, MissCruiseAddict said:

April 25th will be my second time cruising Royal Caribbean and my first time stopping at their private island.  I read on a blog that there could be upwards of 3 or 4 ships at port that day.  That doesn't seem like it is going to be a relaxing time on the beach to me.   Does it feel crowded?  Will it be hard to grab a beach chair/lounger on the beach and just chill while enjoying a good book and maybe a swim in the ocean?

oh my is it the Symphony?  If so I am on that ship and wow if 3 ships in port.  I guess there is a race between captains as to who gets in first.  

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I was concerned that the freebies were going to disappear. I'm glad to hear they are still there. Hopefully they will still be there after all the dust settles from construction.

Actually they increased one of the freebies.  Used to be the umbrellas on the beach cost extra.  Now they are free.  You used to have to find a guy, pay him I think $10 and he will drill a hole in the sand.  Now they are preplaced and you just have to find lounger to your liking with an umbrella.  No cost.

1 hour ago, gatour said:

Actually they increased one of the freebies.  Used to be the umbrellas on the beach cost extra.  Now they are free.  You used to have to find a guy, pay him I think $10 and he will drill a hole in the sand.  Now they are preplaced and you just have to find lounger to your liking with an umbrella.  No cost.

Agreed, plus there are a LOT more loungers available, IMO.  Used to have to search for a lounger and then search for some shade to drag it to on the edge of the beach... now you just walk up to one of the many empty loungers under an umbrella and you're good to go. 

8 hours ago, MissCruiseAddict said:

April 25th will be my second time cruising Royal Caribbean and my first time stopping at their private island.  I read on a blog that there could be upwards of 3 or 4 ships at port that day. 

You might also want to vet your sources a bit more carefully.  I've only heard speculation of three ships there so far, and that ended up to be inaccurate as one of the ships had a change in itinerary and weren't going to be there on the assumed day after all.  

Was at Cococay today.  We only had one ship port today us(harmony)

the place seemed so empty. Tons of chairs everywhere

I can imagine with 2 ships it wouldn’t be bad.    But 3 I’d guess it would be an issue.  Today was the first day of the over water cabanas and south reach.   And it was empty.  The food was very good at the buffet.  It wasn’t open yet when I took video.   
but the tacos were amazingly good. Chicken too.   Mmmmm.  They had paninis. And good looking salads and fruit.    

• Like 2