Tendering procedure on Infinity

Highpeaklad

Hi. Our July cruise on Infinity needs tendering at Kotor. I’ve only done tendering once before and that was 10 years go on the RCL private island so don’t remember much, I think we just went to disembark as normal and got on a boat. I’ve searched on here but nothing has come up so can someone explain the process for me? 

Specifically I’ve seen mention of tender tickets. Where do we get these from and will I need my sea pass card?

Can I get tickets for my other half without him being there?

Can I get tickets for my family who are in a different cabin?

We will not be taking a Celebrity tour so I assume they will have priority, how long should we allow to disembark?

Any information welcome,

Chris

@Highpeaklad,

Here is a link to Infinity's newsletter when we tendered at Punta Arenas, Chile in Dec 2016.  You will find tendering instructions in there which will answer many of your questions including where and how to get tender tickets. 

There is a priority system for tender access. Shore excursion passengers along with suite passengers and Captain's Club passengers of a certain level or higher have priority. 

Once the tendering service is far enough along, they dispense with the tendering tickets altogether and you just go directly to the tendering line. 

Depending on when you want to get back on the ship, there can be long lines ashore to get on a return tender. 

8D4D8189-0794-4B7E-B3D1-E138D58AC651.jpeg

45BBF9C2-29C9-49BD-8393-B20843AA53A0.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

David has given you some good information above. 

I'm just popping in to recommend that you get up early and go on deck and watch sail-in. The Kotor fjord is stunningly beautiful. I am very grateful that we received and followed this advice. Watching the sun rise as we sailed in was an amazing experience.

• Like 2

There is a dock in Kotor, and if you are lucky, you might get to use it.  Depends if there are other ships there, and who is the smallest (I think).  We docked there on Nieuw Amsterdam, tendered on Silhouette.  If you are on the cruise that calls there July 25, you are the only ship...  EM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

@Highpeaklad,

Here is a link to Infinity's newsletter when we tendered at Punta Arenas, Chile in Dec 2016.  You will find tendering instructions in there which will answer many of your questions including where and how to get tender tickets. 

There is a priority system for tender access. Shore excursion passengers along with suite passengers and Captain's Club passengers of a certain level or higher have priority. 

Once the tendering service is far enough along, they dispense with the tendering tickets altogether and you just go directly to the tendering line. 

Depending on when you want to get back on the ship, there can be long lines ashore to get on a return tender. 

8D4D8189-0794-4B7E-B3D1-E138D58AC651.jpeg

45BBF9C2-29C9-49BD-8393-B20843AA53A0.jpeg

That’s fantastic, that’s just what I needed to know. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

David has given you some good information above. 

I'm just popping in to recommend that you get up early and go on deck and watch sail-in. The Kotor fjord is stunningly beautiful. I am very grateful that we received and followed this advice. Watching the sun rise as we sailed in was an amazing experience.

I'm intending to do just that. Can you remember how long the sail in takes? I don’t want to get up too late. 

1 minute ago, Highpeaklad said:

I'm intending to do just that. Can you remember how long the sail in takes? I don’t want to get up too late. 

I'm not sure. I think we timed our arrival on deck for sunrise? I imagine if you ask a member of the bridge crew or someone at Guest Relations, you can get a good idea of timing. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

There is a dock in Kotor, and if you are lucky, you might get to use it.  Depends if there are other ships there, and who is the smallest (I think).  We docked there on Nieuw Amsterdam, tendered on Silhouette.  If you are on the cruise that calls there July 25, you are the only ship...  EM

Sadly we are there on the 15th along with Marella Celebration and Seven Seas Splendor. The Splendor is scheduled to dock 🙁.

42 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

The OP said they were on a ship’s tour. In tendering ports, you normally que up at the theater, get your tour tickets there and then they lead you to the tendering as a group and off you go.

Den

Sorry Den, they actually stated they were not on a ships tour that day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

8 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

Oops, so much for reading correctly!

Den

• Like 2