Has anyone been on the Breeze recently?

gcbranscome

Hi! My family is booked on the Breeze in July, and I’ve recently seen some reviews that weren’t so good.  People were complaining of problems with mold.  Has anyone been on the Breeze lately and experienced the same problem? I have 3 kids with asthma, so it concerns me a bit. 

6 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We were on the Breeze in July and didn't have any trouble with mold or other allergens. Wish I could say the same about the crowds...

Totally agree with this, we were also on in July 

We just got off the Breeze on February 1, 2020. We stayed in a balcony cabin on lido. I didn’t see or smell any mold, and I am asthmatic. But, over 300 people in our FB roll call group came down with an upper respiratory infection or influenza A. I, unfortunately, am one of them.

10 hours ago, bubba777 said:

We just got off the Breeze on February 1, 2020. We stayed in a balcony cabin on lido. I didn’t see or smell any mold, and I am asthmatic. But, over 300 people in our FB roll call group came down with an upper respiratory infection or influenza A. I, unfortunately, am one of them.

300 people!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm sorry you got hit with whatever bug was going around.  

I was on the Breeze cruise just before yours (the Magical Mystery Tour).  I noticed quite a few people coughing and/or hacking while they were around me, but there could have been any number of reasons for their behavior.  I did have a bit of sniffling four a couple of days in the middle, nothing that slowed me down more than a trifle.

I didn't notice any mold in my cabin in steerage or whatever public areas I went to.

10 hours ago, bubba777 said:

Oh my...that’s a lot of sick people! I hope you feel better soon!

29 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

300 people!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm sorry you got hit with whatever bug was going around.  

I was on the Breeze cruise just before yours (the Magical Mystery Tour).  I noticed quite a few people coughing and/or hacking while they were around me, but there could have been any number of reasons for their behavior.  I did have a bit of sniffling four a couple of days in the middle, nothing that slowed me down more than a trifle.

I didn't notice any mold in my cabin in steerage or whatever public areas I went to.

Oh good! We are on deck 1, so we should be ok then. I’m thinking it’s just that time of year and people are just sick.  I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

20 minutes ago, gcbranscome said:

Oh good! We are on deck 1, so we should be ok then. I’m thinking it’s just that time of year and people are just sick.  I hope you enjoyed your cruise!

I certainly enjoyed my cruise.  You're likely to also.

I hope the sickness is just that time of year rather than... (cue Chinese music of doom)

On 2/3/2020 at 3:09 AM, bubba777 said:

We were on this cruise.  Wish I'd known about your FB roll call group.  Anyway, I came down with a gastrointestinal bug and visited the medical center.  There was a steady flow of crew members coming by to get meds for upper respiratory ailments.  I think I heard them say they had dispense close to 3000 boxes of meds on this cruise alone.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kikimom said:

We were on this cruise.  Wish I'd known about your FB roll call group.  Anyway, I came down with a gastrointestinal bug and visited the medical center.  There was a steady flow of crew members coming by to get meds for upper respiratory ailments.  I think I heard them say they had dispense close to 3000 boxes of meds on this cruise alone.

Oh no...I hope you feel better now.  I’m beginning to think that there was definitely a bug going around and that it is cold and flu season, and that was responsible for the respiratory issues. I’m sorry to hear that you got sick on your vacation. I hope the next cruise is better! Thank you for your response! 

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2020 at 2:09 AM, bubba777 said:

Wow!!! Could this have been Coronavirus??

we were on the breeze winter break dec 19-dec 26 2019. loved her. had no issues with mold or dirt.  muster drill took too long. many did not show up until 30 minutes after the initial call. it was hot in the room and hubby had foot injury and I had to beg for a chair for him. 

any questions, let me know. 

On 2/2/2020 at 7:14 PM, Cb1977 said:

Totally agree with this, we were also on in July 

My family and I were also on the Breeze last July and we thought she looked a little tired. Then again we sailed on her 4 times during her first 2 years in service. Overall though the crew was great, we felt she was clean and with all thats going on now she'll be super clean I'm guessing.