Booking Steakhouse

nissach

I placed my reservation for the Steakhouse (without any payment) on August 7, 2019.   We received an email confirmation from Steakhouse Manager, Marelize Minnaar.  

I placed my reservation for Cucina del Capitano (with required payment) on February 2, 2020.   I still haven't received an email confirmation....but I did print off our order for verification, if needed.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, meltissa said:

Actually I just made a steakhouse reservation today for my cruise and I did not have to pay. I did receive a confirmation e-mail from the steakhouse manager. I booked it through the Hub app under speciality dining. It did take me to the Carnival website but it did not ask for payment. 

Are you aboard a ship, as the Hub app does not work until you board

22 minutes ago, coevan said:

It works in that it brings you to the Carnival website which I'm noticing always seems different from when you go on the website directly. Especially in this case of the dining reservations. I think what's really happening is the app is bringing us to the "old way" of doing dining reservations. Of course when on the ship you get the full capacity of the app. Looks cool. They didn't have it the last time I cruised!

23 minutes ago, coevan said:

No, I'm at home. I logged into the Hub app because my trip is next month. Under my countdown it has the packages and deals. I clicked onto specialty dining reservations.  It did redirect me to the Carnival website but, that is where I clicked on Specialty dining again and it had the old way to request a reservation. It did not make me add it to my cart or prepay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, meltissa said:

No, I'm at home. I logged into the Hub app because my trip is next month. Under my countdown it has the packages and deals. I clicked onto specialty dining reservations.  It did redirect me to the Carnival website but, that is where I clicked on Specialty dining again and it had the old way to request a reservation. It did not make me add it to my cart or prepay.

How long after did you get the confirmation? 

29 minutes ago, JandPB said:

I just checked since people, myself included, did not receive an email confirming my steakhouse reservation. It shows up under your booking & order details tab under your planner on the website. 

I was thinking that's where it should be since I saw my spa booking there but figured since so many people complained that it wasn't. Maybe the majority are just missing it. The website can be a bit confusing. I reserved the steakhouse the old way so it's not there. But I bet that's the benefit of booking it the new way.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:41 PM, We6crooze said:

When I booked ours for  panorama in March I had to prepay.  The interesting thing is I did not get an email.  I see the date in my bookings and it has been charged but it does not give me a confirmation on the time I had picked.  Does anybody else have this problem or should I call carnival.

Same here. I booked 2 specialty restaurants in January for my March cruise on Breeze, and had to prepay. I received no confirmation email, and when I look in my planner, it just shows the day of the reservation and not the time. Hoping to get a voicemail reminder or something when I'm on board!

On 2/7/2020 at 9:30 PM, meltissa said:

Actually I just made a steakhouse reservation today for my cruise and I did not have to pay. I did receive a confirmation e-mail from the steakhouse manager. I booked it through the Hub app under speciality dining. It did take me to the Carnival website but it did not ask for payment. 

Just tried this through the app and it still wants me to pay.  I wonder if it differs from ship to ship?  We are sailing on the Panorama.

Everyplace that I've tried to book the steakhouse (Liberty) it's wanting me to pay. Just for the hell of it I tried the Hub again. This time it let me make 7 reservations (doing a back to back) without paying upfront. Lets see if I get the Email from the Steakhouse Manager. I let ya'll know.

1 minute ago, miataman19 said:

Everyplace that I've tried to book the steakhouse (Liberty) it's wanting me to pay. Just for the hell of it I tried the Hub again. This time it let me make 7 reservations (doing a back to back) without paying upfront. Lets see if I get the Email from the Steakhouse Manager. I let ya'll know.

Where's their a will, there is a way. Congrats. I've heard several people being able to do the same.

3 minutes ago, miataman19 said:

I haven't gotten a confirmation yet. Did it late Friday night (Sunrise). Keep us posted!

I booked the Steakhouse for Carnival Sunrise we're going on tomorrow and had to prepay to complete my order. I did this a few days ago, for Valentine's Day night for 4 of us. Surprised I was able to reserve for that night at all. Yay!

18 hours ago, miataman19 said:

Just received 7 separate Email confirmations from the Steakhouse Manager on the Liberty Nisa Novita. Also received a confirmation Email from Ms. Novita for the Chefs Table. I'll have to cancel one of the Steakhouse reservations when I find out the date of the Chefs Table. In the Emails it states that my Sail & Sign account will be charged once on the ship. This was also in the Email....

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miataman19 said:

Just received 7 separate Email confirmations from the Steakhouse Manager on the Liberty Nisa Novita. Also received a confirmation Email from Ms. Novita for the Chefs Table. I'll have to cancel one of the Steakhouse reservations when I find out the date of the Chefs Table. In the Emails it states that my Sail & Sign account will be charged once on the ship. This was also in the Email....

P.S. We are having a promotion in the Steakhouse on Embarkation and the first Cruise Elegant nights of the cruise! Guests booking a reservation on either night will receive a complimentary bottle of house wine or 50% off any bottle from our wine list!

Nice!

25 minutes ago, WindDancer said:

How are you able to book without paying?
I have never had to pay before, and now I can't seem to find a way to do it, just tried the HUB app and it wants me to pay..

I think I just got lucky. I'm not sailing until July so I was going to just book when I got on the ship. I kept going back to the Hub app and after about a week of trying it let me reserve without paying. I still wasn't convinced I got the reservations but the next day I received the email's from the Steakhouse Manager ( I will be taking the printed emails with me). Keep trying, you never know.

3 hours ago, WindDancer said:

How are you able to book without paying?
I have never had to pay before, and now I can't seem to find a way to do it, just tried the HUB app and it wants me to pay..

Think of it as a regular restaurant. You can book when you board. There are Steakhouse kiosks set up around the ship and they never fill up. 

I guess it is ship specific, or I just did not get lucky.  Tried the HUB app to book for the Horizon for this coming August for JiJi for my son's birthday, but it brought me to the regular cart and required payment.  I am trying to get a reservation for 31 people. My TA was told by groups and the special events coordinator that  the only way we can do this is to make three separate reservations, then let them know when we are on board that we are together.  Seemed really odd to me.  I posted on John Heald's page to ask and he confirmed that's the only way to do it now.  I do not mind about pre-paying, but I would really like the make the reservation at one time so we could be assured we all got the same time and could sit nearby.