Tips for a balcony room

Hooked2

Hi everyone! So this is my 14th Cruise, and my first time for a balcony!! I know..I know..what have I been doing all my cruising life?! LOL!!

Does anyone have any tips for a balcony room or should I bring anything extra that will make the balcony better? TIA!!

I also just got upgraded to PLATINUM!!! I am thrilled!

• Like 1

I'm always fascinated by what people do on their balconies.  I'm watching the people below me as much as I'm looking out at the scenery.  I've seen people bring their yoga mat and use the balcony for morning yoga.  One time there was a guy who brought a blow up mattress and slept out on his balcony every night.  I see lots of battery operated fairy lights strung across the balconies.  We're boring, we just sit or stand out there.  We'll usually bring binoculars because it's pretty common to see whales when we leave San Francisco.

3 minutes ago, Lizzanna said:

Don't leave your balcony light on at  night, it interferes with your neighbors being able to star gaze.

We don't even turn the balcony light on...to be honest we didn't even realize we had one the first balcony we had :classic_huh:.

We do bring with us a battery operated candle, mini blue tooth speaker to play smooth jazz and relax in the evenings with a cocktail.

Please: remember to carefully open and close your balcony door.  Nothing worse then neighbors who constantly let that door slam. 

Here's a fun little tip..use inexpensive plastic shower curtain rings to hang swim suits on the back bar of the chairs on your balcony.  Keeps items secure and dries so much faster then hanging on the shower clothesline.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChosenOne said:

Please: remember to carefully open and close your balcony door.  Nothing worse then neighbors who constantly let that door slam. 

Here's a fun little tip..use inexpensive plastic shower curtain rings to hang swim suits on the back bar of the chairs on your balcony.  Keeps items secure and dries so much faster then hanging on the shower clothesline.

Great tip, never thought of that.

8 minutes ago, ChosenOne said:

Great tip!  Will have to do this.

57 minutes ago, atobols said:

I'm always fascinated by what people do on their balconies.  I'm watching the people below me as much as I'm looking out at the scenery.  I've seen people bring their yoga mat and use the balcony for morning yoga.  One time there was a guy who brought a blow up mattress and slept out on his balcony every night.  I see lots of battery operated fairy lights strung across the balconies.  We're boring, we just sit or stand out there.  We'll usually bring binoculars because it's pretty common to see whales when we leave San Francisco.

Surprised the stewards didn't remove the lights

46 minutes ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

We don't even turn the balcony light on...to be honest we didn't even realize we had one the first balcony we had :classic_huh:.

We do bring with us a battery operated candle, mini blue tooth speaker to play smooth jazz and relax in the evenings with a cocktail.

What if the people on the balconies close to you don’t like to listen to smooth jazz? Please don’t play music from a Bluetooth speaker in a public area. That’s what EarPods are for.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jerseygirl1416 said:

What if the people on the balconies close to you don’t like to listen to smooth jazz? Please don’t play music from a Bluetooth speaker in a public area. That’s what EarPods are for.

Thank you for your concern but the music isn't loud enough to disturb those around us....and I don't use EarPods, I'm a Samsung woman not and iPhone chick :classic_cool:.

Happy Sailing! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

Thank you for your concern but the music isn't loud enough to disturb those around us....and I don't use EarPods, I'm a Samsung woman not and iPhone chick :classic_cool:.

Happy Sailing! 

If you can hear it then the people 12 inches from you on the next balcony can hear it. If you don’t care about being inconsiderate of those around you then just own it. There’s always earbuds and headphones for Samsung people.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

12 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

What if the people on the balconies close to you don’t like to listen to smooth jazz? Please don’t play music from a Bluetooth speaker in a public area.

That’s what EarPods are for.

7 minutes ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

Thank you for your concern but the music isn't loud enough to disturb those around us....and I don't use EarPods

We got stuck next to a 'Balcony DJ' once. Terrible experience. Even when their music was at a low volume, the balcony itself made the music echo louder. After 2 days we had to say something to our stateroom steward.

🎧   🎶   🎧

Headphones 😉

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buffalofirsttimer4 said:

Umm. . .I want to hang out with you on your balcony!

28 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

Hammocks, brought by passengers, are prohibited on Carnival balconies.

⚠️This is not true information⚠️ Hammocks are NOT listed on Carnivals prohibited list. Unless I'm missing something, hammocks are certainly permitted. Is this a new rule?? Hammocks were always permitted. Can you direct me to where hammocks are listed as a prohibited item??

20200204-123657.png

✌️

Edited by ObstructedView2

34 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

If you can hear it then the people 12 inches from you on the next balcony can hear it. If you don’t care about being inconsiderate of those around you then just own it. There’s always earbuds and headphones for Samsung people.

Easy to be a good neighbor and just ask the cabins near you if the music bothers them. If it does - then turn it off. If not - then enjoy, but keep the volume low (like background music). Most music doesn't bother me. Full throated opera is a little distracting. Heavy metal, grunge, vulger, or _rap is pretty intolerable.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ObstructedView2 said:

⚠️This is not true information⚠️ Hammocks are NOT listed on Carnivals prohibited list. Unless I'm missing something, hammocks are certainly permitted. Is this a new rule?? Hammocks were always permitted. Can you direct me to where hammocks are listed as a prohibited item.

20200204-123657.png

✌️

It is not allowed and the stewards will take them down if they find them. While it is not specifically listed on the list John Heald has on more than one occasion said they are not allowed.