Local flooding Sydney and Brisbane

Torrential rain has caused local flooding in Sydney and Brisbane. ย The dams, which were low level, are now filling with water. ย 

ย 

The rain is widespread along the East Coast, with more rain predicted. ย Now we are looking for flooding warnings in lieu of fire warnings. ย 

ย 

No doubt the SES has been run off their feet, with heavy demand.

ย 

An Australian summer - fires, drought and floods. ย However, everyone is happy to see rain at long last.ย 

ย 

Keep safe everyone. ย Don't drive through floodwater. ย "If it is flooded, forget it!"

Edited by MMDown Under
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Torrential rain has caused local flooding in Sydney and Brisbane. ย The dams, which were low level, are now filling with water. ย 

ย 

The rain is widespread along the East Coast, with more rain predicted. ย Now we are looking for flooding warnings in lieu of fire warnings. ย 

ย 

No doubt the SES has been run off their feet, with heavy demand.

ย 

An Australian summer - fires, drought and floods. ย However, everyone is happy to see rain at long last.ย 

ย 

Keep safe everyone. ย Don't drive through floodwater. ย "If it is flooded, forget it!"

Must be because of all the climate change........ butย now that the ground is wet I cannot glue myself to the footpath in protest. ย ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

5 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Must be because of all the climate change........ butย now that the ground is wet I cannot glue myself to the footpath in protest. ย ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Thanks for the laugh.ย 

Does all this rain along the East Coast mean rough seas for cruise ships along the Coast?

I have only been sea sick twice in my life and one was on a Manly Ferry cruise to Palm Beach.

Edited by MMDown Under

26 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thanks for the laugh.ย 

Does all this rain along the East Coast mean rough seas for cruise ships along the Coast?

I have only been sea sick twice in my life and one was on a Manly Ferry cruise to Palm Beach.

Yes rough seas for a few days. Someone on another thread mentioned six metre seas off Sydney yesterday or the day before that.

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes rough seas for a few days. Someone on another thread mentioned six metre seas off Sydney yesterday or the day before that.

Yep,

up to 6m seas as Radiance was a bit late leaving last night?

10 hours ago, gbenjo said:

ย 

They do say because of the extra heat it keeps water in the atmosphere for longer till it is heavy enough to fall and by then it results in torrential downpour. Either way I do prefer the rain to the dry๐ŸŒง๏ธ.

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

ย 

They do say because of the extra heat it keeps water in the atmosphere for longer till it is heavy enough to fall and by then it results in torrential downpour. Either way I do prefer the rain to the dry๐ŸŒง๏ธ.

Yep.. itโ€™s called climate.....and itโ€™s always changing ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Wet rain is so much better than the dehydrated rain, that stuff falls as dust and you need to add tap water to make it into plant drink.

MICHAEL ๐Ÿ˜ก. ย  ย  ย  ย  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚