Has anyone cruised Virgin yet?

ladytimedramon

A good friend of mine is deadheading on the crossing from Liverpool to New York as a guest of the CEO (they are related to his family).  There are nine girls all together, and they each have their own cabin which is cool.  My friend promises to bring me back pretty much anything she can regarding the ship and cruise, since I collect ship memorabilia.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Donald said:

Chip.

Did you pay for the cruise?

Everyone sailing now on the shakedown crossing from Liverpool to Miami is sailing for free. It’s an invited family/friends cruise.  It’s providing the crew a chance to perform their duties and interact with passengers before the paying customers arrive. 

Being a shakedown not everything is operating at 100%. Examples are no TV’s, no bands for charging (nothing to charge anyway), and not all food items are available on the menus.  

There are still workers from the shipyard onboard as well making finishing touches.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donald said:

My point is that cruises tend to be more "fab" than usual when they are free.

Oh I agree 100%.  Plus many onboard have reason to promote VV and speak very highly of it.  

The true test comes when paying passengers write reviews.  

• Like 1

I'm sure they'll have a few kinks to iron out after they launch.  There's always issues/maintenance on new ships so I'm glad I didn't book one of their early cruises. 

On 2/28/2020 at 1:14 PM, ChipLondon said:

No just a lucky invited guest, the ship is fab, food is fab, nightclub is fab ( hangover is terrible ) thanks

All "fab", well it would be if its free - wonder whether it would be so "fab" if you were paying and not linked to VV? 

The info that I'm getting is not being posted on social media so I have to believe it's true. There are a few things that are still being worked on but 99% of everything else is great. They are having a great time, especially since it has warmed up.

23 hours ago, nigelc said:

All "fab", well it would be if its free - wonder whether it would be so "fab" if you were paying and not linked to VV? 

Well thanks for your cynical response, I am not linked to VV I am just a very experienced cruiser that they would like to attract across to their line. Those that actually know me are aware that i am more than capable of speaking my own mind, and if you took the time to read all my comments across all media sources you would see that i have commented on various ways.

I can only comment on my own experience, yes the ship is 3 weeks away from receiving full paying guests, and there are some teething issues as one would expect, mainly with IT. All the restaurants are operating as they normally would, shows are not full operational.

My comments were about the food which I found to be “Fab” Okay lets replace that with “Certainly at the standard O would expect if paying the standard rates for VV”. Let’s be clear this ship is not intended for every cruiser, it didn’t set out to be, and some will not like it. In the same way I have not liked other cruise lines in the past. It is aimed at those with a more open and flexible mind, ( when you see Never Sleep Alone you might understand ). For the benefit of those that might be a little jealous that they did not get the same invite as we did, there are also some aspects that don’t suit me, in the same way I dont need or use a Rock Climbing Wall or Water slide on other ships. It doesn’t mean they are bad, it is just not for me and as such i use the facilities that I find appealing.

Here I have a nice Cabin space, I enjoy the food and am having a good cruise. Those that have booked have something to look forward to, BUT .............. manage your expectations and don’t expect everything to be like many other cruise lines. Although the standard Cabins, Selection of Restaurants and Bars are still here. The Open deck is different and Entertainment is creative.  

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 7:07 PM, eroller said:

...................no bands for charging (nothing to charge anyway), and not all food items are available on the menus.  

Not totally correct we are paying for Drinks and Personal expenditure in Stores,  and for Spa treatments. Yes some are at reduced prices. Most food items are available on most Menus.

2 minutes ago, ChipLondon said:

Not totally correct we are paying for Drinks and Personal expenditure in Stores,  and for Spa treatments. Yes some are at reduced prices. Most food items are available on most Menus.

I didn’t think my friends were paying for any drinks but I’ll have to check.  Yes of course spa treatments and shops are not free, so yes there are some things to charge.  They are bringing me back a glass ship model.  

23 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

I really dont understand why some of you guys want to hate it so badly. Go sail something else if you don't think it's something you'd enjoy

People have high expectations. They haven't been to vey bad cruises and to very good ones. I understand, its hard to develop a certain point of view when you travel only on a budget. i wouldnt call those cruises bad. Not all passengers can allow expensive cabins and restaurants. Some just want to enjoy the sea. 
From the other hand, I dont see the reason of going on those cruises. They must be super boring.