Tracking family location with Medallion

tabprincess

Thank you about the wall screens, Thrak. My 14 yo granddaughter won't always have her phone with her ..... how does that work? [I usually travel solo so I've never used that function]

Edited by Ombud
Typo

We were on the Sky Jan18-23. At that time you did need to have the "ocean compass" downloaded on your phone, not just the medallion class app.  But, I've picked up hints from other postings here that possibly the capabilities of the [once] separate ocean compass app has been integrated into the medallion class app.....? Just a head's up.   

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, WoodstockGirl said:

We were on the Sky Jan18-23. At that time you did need to have the "ocean compass" downloaded on your phone, not just the medallion class app.  But, I've picked up hints from other postings here that possibly the capabilities of the [once] separate ocean compass app has been integrated into the medallion class app.....? Just a head's up.   

Yes I noticed that this week, we had already downloaded both on our phones.  Then after final payment I noticed the Ocean compass was within the medallion class, so we deleted the other one.  Have too many apps as it is to find on the phone lol.  Hope it will work once onboard with the app within the app.

You should, however, most days it would not pick up my two daughters.  At one point when we left a port it didn't even show them on board.  Also showed me in the exercise area a lot.  Of course my daughters knew that wasn't possible.

• Haha 2

On 2/15/2020 at 12:32 PM, tabprincess said:

As long as my husband carries his Medallion, I should be able to locate him with my Phone, correct? He is a wanderer and this app would be perfect for us. Save me a lot of time when I need to find him! We are on Regal from Feb.23 to Match 8th.

We just got off the Regal and had no trouble tracking our friends and vice versa.  The app was pretty accurate.  On the screens in the hallways just tap your medallion on the Princess logo.  Your picture will pop up and you can select shipmates and find where they are.  Works just like the app.

Enjoy the Regal.  We did the vow renewal cruise and had an awesome time!

On our Jan 11 Sky cruise it was only accurate about 50% of the time.  Once I was getting ready to leave the cabin to go meet my wife.  It showed her on Deck 5 in the Piazza as she walked in the door.  I waited a few minutes and her location did not change even though she was right in the cabin.