Summit Aqua class deck 11

Hidden Minnie

We have an Aqua class stateroom booked on the Summit, deck 11, port side. Since the Mast Bar is a smoking area and we will be down wind, I'm wondering how much smoke smell we might anticipate on our balcony? Hoping for very little - what if we moved to starboard? Thanks!

I believe you are asking about the Sunset Bar, there isn’t a Mast Bar on the Summit.

We  were in 1141 aft facing above the Sunset  Bar and never smelled smoke.  The majority of cabins on deck 11 are under the OV buffet and the outdoor movie is above the cabins on Deck 12.

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I believe you are asking about the Sunset Bar, there isn’t a Mast Bar on the Summit.

We  were in 1141 aft facing above the Sunset  Bar and never smelled smoke.  The majority of cabins on deck 11 are under the OV buffet and the outdoor movie is above the cabins on Deck 12.

That is odd.  The deck plan on the Celebrity Website certainly shows a bar, labeled as "Mast Bar." Midship on Deck 11.

Honestly though it is quite far away from the Aqua cabins aft with the funnel in between.  I can't see how any cigar smoke could get to and bother you on a balcony.

1 hour ago, Hidden Minnie said:

We have an Aqua class stateroom booked on the Summit, deck 11, port side. Since the Mast Bar is a smoking area and we will be down wind, I'm wondering how much smoke smell we might anticipate on our balcony? Hoping for very little - what if we moved to starboard? Thanks!

We never smelled any smoke aft in any area from the Mast Bar on any ship. Too much air going past. In pool area - 😝. But not above.

3 hours ago, Hidden Minnie said:

The Mast Bar is so much forward that any smoke from there will dissipate by the time it reaches you, especially while underway.  The Sunset Bar below you on Deck 10 does not have smoking at all anymore, so you shouldn't have any concerns with smoke or smoking.   🍷

Plus I would not be surprised if that very first veranda did not have the "wall" separating it from the rest of the ship, just as all of them have on both sides for privacy from your neighbor.

I know you have to go through a door to get into the corridor with those Deck 11 AQ cabins (we stay in an aft all the time).