Stock Benefit Question

FLAHAM

Closing in the 36s today.  Still going to hold out for March 15th, but man this is getting really tempting for me.  My big watch is IF a ship is quarantined somewhere in N.A.  If that happens, these stocks (all 3 of the big ones) are going way lower again.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 4:27 PM, kdmbluerzr said:

To clarify.... I wasn't sure about the "other perks" part of my last comment. I had heard from a friend that talked to someone else, blah blah, that they had received some boarding, dining perks along with a sometimes other preference treatment as a stockholder. Nowhere on the NCLH site had I read that part to be true, just the OBC. When I joined in this thread, was hoping to see comment from others that had first hand experience. And I did. Thanks.  

Still on the fence about buy in. We cruise a couple times a year, but not always your 15+ day length. No interested in the 7 day stuff, but will likely do a lot of 11 to 14. 

Does anyone know if a B2B is considered two different cruises or 1?   Thanks

Yes back to back cruises is two cruises. $100 each one

51 minutes ago, CroozFanatic said:

No bailouts for these guys either...they are almost stateless companies. Great when you are filing income taxes, but I don't see any government stepping in to rescue them.

Certainly not the good ole USA - we have our priorities - it is election year after all.

And the countries of registry for the cruise ships are having troubles enough with past hurricane weather issues.

Pre market today NCLH is currently trading under $36.  Normally I would be purchasing more shares to go with the 100 I bought at $41.10 so I could dollar cost average.  This could be an incredible time to purchase any type of stocks as the market continues to go down but who knows where the bottom is.  With all of the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus outbreak and our government not being completely honest with us about it, I will not be buying more shares of NCLH or any other growth stock until more is known.  

At some point I think I will buy more if and when it cracks $30 so I will have some to sell once things become normal again.  It is definitely disheartening to see what this virus has done to the stock market during the last week. I am still convinced that NCLH is a good company and at some point will seek a level somewhere north of $50 a share once more is known and once we know for sure what we are up against.

29 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

If I purchase shares today or tomorrow, I won't have a statement yet, because those are only issued monthly and I am sailing on the 15th, so would need to get by form sent in my Sunday. Will a screenshot from my brokerage account work?

Edited by JamieLogical

26 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

If I purchase shares today or tomorrow, I won't have a statement yet, because those are only issued monthly and I am sailing on the 15th, so would need to get by form sent in my Sunday. Will a screenshot from my brokerage account work?

I think so, even your purchase confirmation should be sufficient. Anything showing your name and number of shares.

4 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

I think so, even your purchase confirmation should be sufficient. Anything showing your name and number of shares.

Great! Thank you. Keeping an eye on pricing. Missed my chance to buy at $33 this morning. It's back up to $35 now.

Not sure what spurred it but the market is fighting back even in the face of the California case with no origin.  NCLH just went green, and after being overall down by almost 1000 points, the Dow is now down 300.  Go greedy people!   🙂  Of course, I still stand by my March 15 buy in time, and I still think we may see 30/29 before this is all said and done.

4 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Pre market today NCLH is currently trading under $36.  Normally I would be purchasing more shares to go with the 100 I bought at $41.10 so I could dollar cost average.  This could be an incredible time to purchase any type of stocks as the market continues to go down but who knows where the bottom is.  With all of the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus outbreak and our government not being completely honest with us about it, I will not be buying more shares of NCLH or any other growth stock until more is known.  

At some point I think I will buy more if and when it cracks $30 so I will have some to sell once things become normal again.  It is definitely disheartening to see what this virus has done to the stock market during the last week. I am still convinced that NCLH is a good company and at some point will seek a level somewhere north of $50 a share once more is known and once we know for sure what we are up against.

You might get the $30 buy. I am concerned with the possibility on upcoming margin calls. A lot of damage has been done.

15 minutes ago, P_Mcruisers said:

You might get the $30 buy. I am concerned with the possibility on upcoming margin calls. A lot of damage has been done.

Coronavirus correction has now hit 3500 points in a week.  Great time to buy or still going lower? Even my defensive stocks such as utilities, telecoms, and bond funds are getting hammered.  Margin calls and programmed selling add fuel to the fire.  Me personally,  I tend to buy and hold.  I view NCLH as a growth stock and if the coronavirus does not turn into Captain Tripps as I alluded to in an earlier post, in the long run,  we will we rewarded. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I have never sent them a statement, I only ever do a screenshot of the summary of all my stocks on my broker trading page. I normally add a red circle (with paint) around the stock, my name and the date/time of screenshot.

Never had an issue doing it this way.

27 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I have never sent them a statement, I only ever do a screenshot of the summary of all my stocks on my broker trading page. I normally add a red circle (with paint) around the stock, my name and the date/time of screenshot.

Never had an issue doing it this way.

Seems like this way would be easy to photoshop a fake one .

2 minutes ago, HEATH3913 said:

Seems like this way would be easy to photoshop a fake one .

No easier than photoshopping a statement, I think a statement would probably be easier.

I'm not sure it would be worth it when you and buy the stock, take your screenshot and sell it next day at $5 a trade the cost is $10. Sell the stock on the next rise and you potentially even make a profit to boot.

25 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

No easier than photoshopping a statement, I think a statement would probably be easier.

I'm not sure it would be worth it when you and buy the stock, take your screenshot and sell it next day at $5 a trade the cost is $10. Sell the stock on the next rise and you potentially even make a profit to boot.

Also, I am willing to guess NCL can quickly and easily check  your name against shareholders.

Edited by oteixeira
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

Also, I am willing to guess NCL can quickly and easily check  your name against shareholders.

Possibly right and it would not be easy as you would need to know certain terms used on the trading page and all the totals would need to tally up, virtually every field would need manipulating.

I'm not saying it's impossible but it would be a bit of a task to get it right and not get caught even for a pro.

I'm also not sure attempting fraud with a live booking is very sensible either, at the very least they could cancel your booking and ban you.